PDA

View Full Version : Review Reinhart Automotive

sailsmen
12-13-2008, 07:38 PM
At 95,000 miles and 184 Passes my S/C engine started knocking back. I did research and determined Cobra Ford Reman was the way to go. The goals were simple 500RWHP, 11 seconds good for 40 passes and 20K miles per year.

I have put 10K miles, ran 11 seconds and have 541RWHP. The Goals have been accomplished.

During this process there was a development period. Dennis called me usually everyday with updates and ideas.

We tried to use the old water to air but the TTrim at 19PSI was making too much heat, 220* at the end of the 1/4 and 170* on the Dyno. Non-IC Mustangs will produce this temp. We switched to Air to Air, 110* on the Dyno and 130* at the end of the 1/4.

When I first picked the car up from Dennis and took it on it's first run the trans didn't shift right. 2 More passes and it was friedDennis said get me the car or the trans and I will fix it. He shipped me a crate and returned the trans with an upgrade all at no charge.

I had a high coolant temp condition under certain conditions. Had it for 3 years prior. Took some steps that eliminated most of it, but it returned. The local spped shop that has a 9 second Mustang and 10 second Fairlane could not find anything wrong. Dennis correctly diagnosed as an Alt that was not putting out at lower rpm's resulting in the fan running slow.

Did it take longer than I wanted, sure it did, did Dennis keep me informed yes, when I say a daily call that included Sat and Sun, did dennis charge me more then we agreed no, am I happy with the end result yes.

I have been racing things since I was 6. I raced sailboats all across the USA and in Europe on a high level. Sailboats are very low production, everything is custom. The R&D is done by the customer. IF you are racing your car or modifying it and expect it to be like getting a car wash you will never be happy. Just don't do it.

ps If you bring your car to Dennis for work check the bill carefully because he tends to leave a lot of charges off the bill.

Dennis Reinhart
12-14-2008, 07:06 AM
Thank you Billy, even though I never asked for this review. If I am not mistaken you are now close to 11,s and this was a car that I built and tuned at your request and goals, fate has played with you twice, you brought your car to me over the years, Two years ago I loaned you my 2003 Marauder, when you forced to leave your car here to retrieve your family during Katrina, my car stayed there three months safely in your garage, this year when we were upgrading the after cooler, again New Orleans was faced again with another devastating hurricane, so I loaned you took my wifes 4WD Broncho and you raced home to evacuate your family again. Yes we had delays but the finale product was achieved your goals were exceeded, and I am proud of what we were able to do for you.
This is your daily driver making over 500 RWHP and it still gets 18 MPG.

Dennis A Reinhart