PDA

View Full Version : Major Update

Dennis Reinhart
09-19-2003, 06:55 AM
I am proud to tell all that my friend Jerry and Chris Johnson of Johnson Motorsports and David, Have teamed up with Superchips. Com, I will make this brief for I am here in Ennis with the gang you cant believe the looks we got yesterday with 17 Marauders driving in last night, I am speaking for all of us here we had a blast now back with the topic at hand. The dynamic Trio will be heading up and running Superchips Custom tuning they will be doing all Superchips custom tuning out of the Longwood facility, Superchips themselves will be concentrating on hand held tuning/programers I will explain more about this later, also I will be an authorized dealer for there soon to be released tuning software. This will allow you to actually make changes to your car your selves, again I will go more in depth next week I am headed out to get the Marauder cleaned up, and head to the track, I want to thank all members for there support, and I am looking forward to this merger I am having a new building built my self with in ground chassis Dyno, sop again I hope every one has a good weekend I will post more about Ennis and future tuning updates.

Long Live #3
09-19-2003, 07:30 AM
Will they be joining the site?

GarageMahal
09-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Does any of this mean that we could use a programmer to load the famous Reinhart programming at home? I have been dreaming of this for a long time.

jta

WhoMe
09-19-2003, 08:32 PM
One of us has been here for a while already, mostly keeping quite. You'll be able to flash a "Dennis" tune at home now!! Or you can buy a personal programmer and do it yourself, but believe me you'd rather have Dennis's tune.

Just so you know we are focused on the MM crowd, I'm picking up a Blue one next week. The it'll go to Dennis for a little (ok, a lot!!) of work :) Then the car will go to JMS for a full forged rebuild and we will turn up the boost!!! Oops, I forgot to mention Jerry has to rebuild the tranny to take the new torque. The car should be done about the same time we have hardware to sell, which is mid to late October.

David Posea
SuperChips Custom Tuning

RCSignals
09-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by WhoMe
The car should be done about the same time we have hardware to sell, which is mid to late October.

David Posea
SuperChips Custom Tuning

Meaning the hand held tuners with the new programming?

Will there be an upgrade path for anyone who already has a Superchips MAX microtuner?

ik04
09-21-2003, 09:35 PM
If the tuning/programming software becomes available, I sure would like to play with it on my car!

Since the beginning of my Marauder adventure, I've wanted control over the EEC program. I am very thorough and picky about messing with high-Dollar equipment and I respect the designer's intentions when cracking open a case like this...

Having the ability to tweak very small changes in the tuning would keep me satisfied with this car indefinitely.

I can make the cable, too.

Kevin

Directedby
09-21-2003, 09:48 PM
This sounds like an awesome idea.

Dennis' program - at home service!

Plug and play!

And change the chip back to stock when serviced.

Dennis Reinhart
09-24-2003, 05:06 AM
This is the biggest improvement in tuning since the release of standalone tuning software.

Finally FULL CONTROL for the EEC....no more tricking the ECM into working correct.......now you just do it and it does it no more learning around your wot changes.

This software will be available in about 30 days, I will be a direct source using the software, it will allow the average person to do things they could never do, I have sold Jerry's tuning for years now our customers can actually tune there car
themselves or continue to buy this awesome tuning from me and from hundreds of other SuperChip Custom Dealers.

Software is available for just about every Ford product made. If you have a Taurus in the driveway, it's supported, Rangers, no problem.

Currently it supports about 4400 different EEC codes.

It also supports all of the current non EEC stuff:

SVT Focus, Explorers, Lincoln LS, the whole shot.

Included in the dyno dealer software will be value files for just about every combination of vehicle.

You type in your EEC code, you load the value file for what you have and then just tweak from there. There is also extensive explanations for every parameter including a detailed explanation of every general field.

The software will load onto a laptop or a desktop. The handheld flasher or chip is just a device that you transfer the file to and then you test the car. It can be done on a
desktop, I have used it there many, many times.

For EFI engine swap cars this software is the only way to go. You type in your EEC code, then you load in a value file for your motor, in your case a 4V and it will load
in all the values you need for the 4V motor, blown or not blown (there are value files for blown cars)

Dennis A. Reinhart
Reinhart Automotive
Phone: 904-276-5003

GarageMahal
09-24-2003, 07:08 AM
When can I order? Any estimate on the price?

I want :)

jta

MN6
09-24-2003, 07:12 AM
Holy Crap, Finally........... I have been waiting for this news since the DynoTune. Looks like I will be making some space on my Laptop for the new programming files.

marchyde
09-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Hay Dennis,
How about a direct hook up from laptop to car?
Will you be offering products and services in our new "Store"?
Don't keep us Drooling to long.
Thanks

SergntMac
09-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Will the new Superchips handheld programmer be able to do any live monitoring ala the Diablo handheld? (which isn't available yet anyway...)

RCSignals
09-24-2003, 01:53 PM
Good question Mac. The diablo tuner has other aspects too, like being able to be updated by software down load. With the reference to downloading from a laptop, maybe that is the tuner being used?

HookedOnCV
09-24-2003, 02:39 PM
From what I understand, this is software that will run on a PC, not an upgrade to the SuperChip handheld programmers. Initially, sampling will not be part of the initial release but it is very high on their "to do" list.

I have had some email correspondence with superchipscustom.com inquiring about the ability to have multiple programs stored on a PDA that you could use for different situations (street or drag strip) where you could download to your car in just a few minutes without having to drag out a laptop or go back to the desktop sitting at home. That is on my wishlist, but I'm not sure where it sits on their list.

This will be (and do) so much more than the Diablo Predator from what I can see. Of course we don't really know that much about the Predator yet do we? First off you have hundreds of base files to build your tune from...all based on real life dyno tune sessions. The developers have 1000's of custom tunes under their belt with an unbelievable amount of explaination for each and every parameter, plus they are going have phone support as well.

I feel this will be one of the biggest things that have happened to our cars in a while. Us Crown Vic owners have been waiting even longer than you guys! From what I understand you will be able to take a FordChip (and Dennis Reinhart?) tuning session done on your car and they will convert that file to the new software format as a base file for you to start from. Then mod away without having to send your ECM or chip to someone to program the mod for you. (Is DR shooting himself in the foot with this???)

No firm pricing or availability yet, but I understand they will use Superchips flash hardware along with the software, and chip burner hardware to follow. Pricing will be structured for a single vehicle (like the existing Superchips Microtuner), or as a "tuner's" package supporting multiple vehicles.

All information was obtained from http://forums.modulardepot.com and email's from the company itself. Of course anything can change between now and when it is released!

Todd

TAF
09-24-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by HookedOnCV
(Is DR shooting himself in the foot with this???)

Actually...I don't think so. I think it's just another example of Dennis bringing the best solutions to us. Specifically the N/A crowd.

Yes...he's not in a philanthropic business...but I've never seen a guy care so much about what you buy from him as to whether it's right for you AND your car.

Marauder57
09-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by TAF

Yes...he's not in a philanthropic business...but I've never seen a guy care so much about what you buy from him as to whether it's right for you AND your car.

I think that goes back to the fact that he OWNS an MM and wants to see the car bettered ..... :D

RCSignals
09-24-2003, 03:32 PM
Maybe a few testers can be selected from around the country, provided with this software and tuner, to do an in-depth evaluation for marketing purposes?

RCSignals
09-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Here is a link to the specific discussion

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?threadid=311

Dennis Reinhart
09-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Not every body is going to buy the tuning software, I am still in the chip Business, Superchips has designed a 4 bank chip which is a must for our tuning, I started out as a super chip dealer 8 years ago. The reason why I have not used there blanks is they only had a 1 bank chip, now that has been corrected. I will be selling custom files as I have always done, and for those customers that have the Diablo chips I can still reburn and adjust those files as well, so forget shooting my self in the foot, I am on track and constantly trying to improve this car and my service.

JET
09-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Way to go Dennis. Keep the good stuff coming

JohnT

gonzo50
09-24-2003, 05:32 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "Dennis is the Man" :bows: nuff said.

RCSignals
09-24-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
Not every body is going to buy the tuning software,
After reading that thread, I can see that. The average person will not need everything that is offered in that tuning software, or even understand it all.
The ability to have either a "chip" or a tuner with a custom profile to flash the EEC would be enough for most.

I heard in the future new EECs may not accept a chip. Is this true?

Dennis Reinhart
09-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Yes RC all 2005 cars will be PTec and have no service port, so it will be all flashed from the diagnostic port

SILVERMARAUDER
09-27-2003, 06:27 AM
I purchaced the Super chip and notice diffrences will my chip be able to be upgraded to the new program? or am i out close to 4 bill's? would love to address the cold start rpm issue mine goes up to 2k on start up has a knock for a second or 2 and would not do it if i could fine tune the start up rpms maybe 300 to 400 less.

Kelly
09-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Thanks Dennis, I'll be getting the sway bar and drive shaft, a question about the tuner, should the stat and plugs be upgraded to the 180 and Denso if you only use the superchips tuner with your program.

Billatpro
09-27-2003, 12:19 PM
Wow, have I been out of touch, I'm confused about all of this, but it sounds good. I was about to spend money for my first mod after driving Striders car at our meet and greet. Now I'm not sure what the hell to do.

Dennis Reinhart
09-27-2003, 02:30 PM
Well just pick the phone up and call, again the tuning software is not really for the average person the chip in most cases will be just fine.

RF Overlord
09-28-2003, 08:47 AM
Dennis, does this mean the end of FordChip? Will Jerry and Co. now be doing business exclusively as Superchips Custom Tuning, or will FordChip still be the name of their travelling road-show?

Dennis Reinhart
09-28-2003, 08:53 AM
Jerry will still be tuning but not as often, and it will all be Superchips from now on we all will be selling there Product and it can be in our name such as my self or Ford Chip, or any of the hundreds of Super Chip dealers

RF Overlord
09-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Thanks... :D

Agent M79
10-13-2003, 09:22 AM
Forgive me if I am confused, I may be following this product incorrectly.

The "SuperChips" tuners I've learn about here flash the PCM with a custom program after saving the factory program in the handheld unit. Presumably I could load the factory program back in so when I take the car in for service my warranty would not be voided for having a "performance chip" installed.

Are we talkng about this product working under the same concept? Or are we talking about programming and swapping/adding a home program chip to the PCM that the dealer would see evidence of?

I need a solution that will allow me to maintain my warranty at least until I am sure I am keeping the car.

Dennis Reinhart
10-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Agent M79
Forgive me if I am confused, I may be following this product incorrectly.

Are we talkng about this product working under the same concept? Or are we talking about programming and swapping/adding a home program chip to the PCM that the dealer would see evidence of?

I need a solution that will allow me to maintain my warranty at least until I am sure I am keeping the car.

I have been a Superchips Dealer for years as well as selling Jerry's programing, now you have the best of both worlds here with Superchips, since Jerry and Chris and David head up Superchips custom tuning. Here is the complete information, The Superchips Programer is really nice, is it as good as custom chip, NO if you have warranty concerns you can send me the EEC and I can flash it here and send it back the same day, this flash has the exact same custom tuning as the chip, or you can buy the Superchips programmer from my self or Cole.

Agent M79
10-13-2003, 10:07 AM
Ok. It is becoming clearer now. The best fit solution for me is the SuperChips Programmer with the new & improved programming from Jerry, Chris, and David.

I think elsewhere in this thread, it was said that the end of October was the date for release. Do you know if this is still on track?

Dennis Reinhart
10-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Ok. It is becoming clearer now. The best fit solution for me is the SuperChips Programmer with the new & improved programming from Jerry, Chris, and David.

I think elsewhere in this thread, it was said that the end of October was the date for release. Do you know if this is still on track?

No Sir I said the programmer is not as good as a custom chip, but if you cant send me the EEC to FLASH WHICH IS UNDETECTABLE BY THE DEALER. Then you can buy the SC progarmer but it is not as good as a custom file/program

Agent M79
10-13-2003, 10:31 AM
Oooooh. Thanks for working with me on this. I'd like to have a plausible excuse for my misunderstanding what appears to be simple concepts but I am afraid I don't have one.

I send you an EEC, you program it and send it back.

During the period where the EEC is out for programming, the MM does not roll.

This is 1 of 2 reasons people have suggested a buying a 2nd EEC. The 2nd reason is so they can swap the original factory EEC back in so the dealer does not reflash over your custom programming.

How am I doing?

Dennis Reinhart
10-13-2003, 10:35 AM
your partly correct you can buy a spare eec but it will not work in the car till its reprogramed, with pats codes and this takes expensive equipment to do that normally by the dealer

Agent M79
10-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Partly correct is better than before!

Let's just say I can live without my MM until the EEC is turned around and back in my car. I take the car in for service a year from now and for whatever reason, the tech reflashes it. Does that happen? If it does, do I have to "repurchase" the custom programming you put in it?

Dennis Reinhart
10-13-2003, 12:19 PM
no its free

Matt Johnson
10-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Dennis,

If we buy the tuner, can we purchase your programming codes so that we can reflash our EECs with the same parameters you use?

Agent M79
10-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Hmmm... That could mean I send it out on a Wednesday...
...you do the voodoo that you do on Thursday and send it back...
...I put it in on Friday and...

...then I am totally hooked and calling for gears, a stat, and plugs two weeks later... then intakes, headers, a supercharger... and then a lawyer to bail me out.

Funny how I feel no internal opposition to this line of thinking. It may already be too late for me and I haven't even gotten started.

TAF
10-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Yep...that's pretty much the pattern^^^^

Dennis Reinhart
10-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Matt Johnson
Dennis,

If we buy the tuner, can we purchase your programming codes so that we can reflash our EECs with the same parameters you use?

No the prgrammer is not updateable, with the latest files I have for the Marauder the programer has a standard file format

RF Overlord
10-13-2003, 12:36 PM
Funny how I feel no internal opposition to this line of thinking. It may already be too late for me and I haven't even gotten started.

LOL!!!

I can't speak for the blower or the headers, but the rest of the stuff is GOLD...

Do it. DO IT NOW!

kurly
10-13-2003, 04:46 PM
I have been a Superchips Dealer for years as well as selling Jerry's programing, now you have the best of both worlds here with Superchips, since Jerry and Chris and David head up Superchips custom tuning. Here is the complete information, The Superchips Programer is really nice, is it as good as custom chip, NO if you have warranty concerns you can send me the EEC and I can flash it here and send it back the same day, this flash has the exact same custom tuning as the chip, or you can buy the Superchips programmer from my self or Cole.

Dennis, Hello.

I know this may be annoying to an expert, but what makes the "custom chip" superior?

Does your Superchip Tuner have the best possible custom tuning (Jerry's) achievable for that method.

Roughly, what would you estimate % wise the SC tuner would achieve compared to the custom chip method?

thanks for the help!:(

Dennis Reinhart
10-13-2003, 05:01 PM
Please just call me its far easier to explain, the custom chip is constantly updated from our dyno information, and my actual data logging information when I am driving and testing each new modification, I do this with very sophisticated equipment, we review all aspects of the data log files, the tuner is set up for stock Marauder with out many modifications, the tuner is great for the average driver, again if you want one call me, or Cole performance, if you follow the threads here on this site you can see that we all are constantly improving and modifying our cars for peak performance

Dennis A. Reinhart

Petrograde
10-13-2003, 07:17 PM
again if you want one call me, or Cole performance

Dennis A. Reinhart

You have a lot of class Dennis!

jgc61sr2002
10-13-2003, 07:26 PM
I second what he said.^^^^^ :up:

kurly
11-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart:
I am proud to tell all that my friend Jerry and Chris Johnson of Johnson Motorsports and David, Have teamed up with Superchips. Com . . . The dynamic Trio will be heading up and running Superchips Custom tuning they will be doing all Superchips custom tuning out of the Longwood facility, Superchips themselves will be concentrating on hand held tuning/programers I will explain more about this later, also I will be an authorized dealer for there soon to be released tuning software. This will allow you to actually make changes to your car your selves . . .

Dennis, Hello.

Where do you stand on this project?

SILVERMARAUDER
11-04-2003, 04:56 PM
DR i can send you my tuner and you can get it updated with the new programs? when program is ready.

SergntMac
11-04-2003, 07:27 PM
kurly and Silver...Best to call Dennis in real time, most expedient, K?

904.276.5003, and Dennis will provide your answers (and more) and in minutes too. Asking stuff like this here is cool, but it just adds time to the clock, ya know?

TripleTransAm
11-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Just as long as they post the info here once they've spoken with DR (that is, if it's okay with DR). I imagine this might save Dennis a great deal of time wasted answering questions over and over again...

Dennis Reinhart
11-04-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by SILVERMARAUDER
DR I can send you my tuner and you can get it updated with the new programs? when program is ready.

Well I am here in Las Vegas at the Sema show. I will ask Chris Johnson this tomorrow, but as far as I know there is no upgrade for the programing files. For the hand held programmer

kurly
11-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac
[B]kurly and Silver...Best to call Dennis in real time, most expedient, K?
904.276.5003, and Dennis will provide your answers (and more) and in minutes too. Asking stuff like this here is cool, but it just adds time to the clock, ya know?

Hi SergntMac,

I'm not trying to be cool here. This is Dennis's "supporting vendor" forum.

I am down here in Anderson, SC., where I just had my stock mufflers and pipes torched and then they found out that they needed the offset/in and center/out 942441 Flowmaster Delta Flow 40's. Now they have tack welded my pipes and mufflers temporarily until they can get the right mufflers.

I really want to be able to take care of the PCM issues myself, considering. The Superchip Tuner with the additional PC based program capability similar to the Diablo Predator type functionality would give me this capability.

I think there is a lot of interest here in the ability to use the Superchip Tuner and the PC based software , especially out here in the sticks. I am seriously interested and want to work with our supporting vendors!

Dennis, please give us a little more feedback on this interesting product!

thx!

Dennis Reinhart
11-04-2003, 09:25 PM
I will give you a detailed description later this evening or in the AM

SergntMac
11-05-2003, 06:38 AM
Oh...I get it now, kurly, sorry I misunderstood. Let me step back here, I've been hit with strays before.

I thought you had an important question that needed an answer right now, and as it has been the case in the past, sometimes you get better answers (and faster too) by talking with Dennis himself, rather than posting here. Just trying to help out, sorry for the interruption.

RCSignals
11-12-2003, 12:57 AM

Did you mean to say yourself or Wes? ;)

From what I've been reading, there will be a hand held flasher version available to use the Custom tuning. If it works right, instead of buying a chip from you, we should be able to buy this handheld tuner, that you flash with the program, then we can flash our own eec. We may even be able to get an updated file from you, then upload it to the hand held flasher ourselves. (that is also one of the abilities of the diablo tuner)

Do you have an idea when these customisable handheld flashers may be available?

Dennis Reinhart
11-12-2003, 06:08 AM
The programer is out there now, you can buy it from me or other Vendors here as far as me updating the programer, that's not true, I do not have the ability to do that, and Superchips will not be doing it either unless they find an error in the programing in the hand held, is a programer as good as a custom chip the answer is NO. Let me explain why. Superchips now is completely out of the Custom tuning Business, all they are doing is working on the programers for unmodified cars only, so what you are buying is a good general program set up for a basically stock unmodified car. Superchips Custom tuning is a separate division. This is the Dynamic trio Jerry Chris and David, they are doing all the custom tuning, and I am a gold Dealer I will have the new state of the art tuning software this week. I will be still be selling Custom Chips. With th new software I can do custom tuning on site with the best Dyno facility in the State, and with the most accurate AF money can buy. So will one of our custom Dyno tuned files be installed in a hand held programer the answer is NO, does this make the hand held not worth buying absolutely NO, it is great tool for the average owner who wants to have an easy quick way of improving the car, I will offer these on a group buy if I get enough interest, but a flash or custom chip is a better program, for the modified car with the driver wanting Max RWHP.

RCSignals
11-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Well Dennis, you will eventuallly be able to supply the custom tuning in a hand held tuner as well as a chip. it will not be exactly the same tuner as the current Superchips Tuner though.

Here is a quote from an e-mail I just recieved from SuperChips Custom tuning

EEC-V Custom Microtuner Flash Device - (available in Late December 2003)
(yes, you can now offer your customer a custom tune inside a ECM FLASHER that programs the EEC thru the OBD-II port)

Dennis Reinhart
11-13-2003, 05:36 AM
I will know more about this, this weekend, I will be in Atlanta

DEW34
11-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Dennis i believe this question has been asked but idont rember seeing an answer if you flashed your program on the ecm would a sct be able to remove and install it from the ecm as the stock program ?
mike

Dennis Reinhart
11-13-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by DEW34
Dennis i believe this question has been asked but idont rember seeing an answer if you flashed your program on the ecm would a sct be able to remove and install it from the ecm as the stock program ?
mike

If I flash the ecm, with one of my files, The SC programer can not remove it, what would happen is it would save it as the stock program then flash its own program, if you chose to return it back to stock my original flash would go back.