PDA

View Full Version : New world record

Blown3.8
12-15-2008, 01:19 PM
The Shermanator has done it!:) We'll go for 9's in the spring.
Video
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u216/blown38/?action=view&current=1030.flv

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u216/blown38/DSC05793.jpg

Pops
12-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Way to go guys! What you going to do to top this in the spring!

Motorhead350
12-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Did he drive it to the track? If not, that doesn't count in my book. Still congrads on the time! Man that's fast and what a sleeper!

Cheeseheadbob
12-15-2008, 01:37 PM
No, but he drove it home 80+ miles if I am not mistaken so Nate could put his car on their trailer. Swapped out the slicks for some drag radials, put Nate's car on the trailer and off they went. So, whatever book you are referring to, put it in.
Did he drive it to the track? If not, that doesn't count in my book. Still congrads on the time! Man that's fast and what a sleeper!

Hack Goby
12-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Great job guys.

TiTo35
12-15-2008, 01:50 PM
My God!!!:bows::bows::bows:

sd8683
12-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Gotta love that front wheel poppin up!!:bows:Great job:up:

NATEHAWK
12-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Yea man it was driven home. My car got a chance to ride on the Shermanator's sled....

DOOM
12-15-2008, 02:06 PM

He drove it home :D . Over a 2hour drive.

ctrlraven
12-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Love the wheel hop. Way to go Sherman!!!!!

Joe Walsh
12-15-2008, 02:18 PM
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!

It sounds like a Nuclear powered vacuum as it pulls the front wheels!!!....:bows:

Did you hit the spray right out of the hole?

Blown3.8
12-15-2008, 02:34 PM

Thanks everyone. Like Bob and Nate said it drove 128 miles home.

Did you hit the spray right out of the hole?

2 step set to 2k, Window switch set to come on at 3200rpm. I still think it needs to come down to 3000. I think there's just a slight lag from the throttle hit to the bottle hit. We'll do somemore testing in the spring.

What you going to do to top this in the spring!

9.999 :D Then we'll slow down cause we don't want to do a cage... but we say that now. I think you'll know how it goes... just gotta keep goin faster.

High-C
12-15-2008, 02:51 PM
:bows: I feel honored to have been there!!!

I had a great time on Saturday and look forward to seeing you guys in the 9s... Congrats again Chris & Sherman!!!
:beer:

ImpalaSlayer
12-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks everyone. Like Bob and Nate said it drove 128 miles home.

2 step set to 2k, Window switch set to come on at 3200rpm. I still think it needs to come down to 3000. I think there's just a slight lag from the throttle hit to the bottle hit. We'll do somemore testing in the spring.

9.999 :D Then we'll slow down cause we don't want to do a cage... but we say that now. I think you'll know how it goes... just gotta keep goin faster.

you already have a cage :confused:

Pops
12-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Needs more cage as soon as it goes 9.99 and certifaction!

CBT
12-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Good Lawd! Very nice, what was he racing against?

Hotrauder
12-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Chris, Sherm,

No longer just chocolate cake..you both get wings and adult beverages, too next time you are down. Make sure we know. Great job! You guys are all over that car and all over the performance wring out of her. Only thing I would change would be still doing it in the DTR.:) Dennis. Sherm has always been my hero..now he is my SUPER HERO!.

O's Fan Rich
12-15-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm gonna have to lose more weight to even get close!

Awesome you guys!

mpearce
12-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Did he drive it to the track? If not, that doesn't count in my book.

Then your book is stupid. A world record time, and this garbage falls out of your mouth? Your ignorance is amazing. Show some respect kid.

Sherman, thank you for always pushing the envelope, upping the ante, and thank you for spending the necessary money on your Marauder to always make it the best it can be. Lots of us would love to have a Marauder like yours. Amazing car, amazing video.

Congrats to you sir!

-Mat

Bluerauder
12-15-2008, 05:29 PM
The Shermanator has done it!:) We'll go for 9's in the spring....
Congrats to Sherm and Chris .... that is one heck of a combo there. :2thumbs: Looked like at least 2" of air on that launch, too.

jdando
12-15-2008, 05:48 PM
EXCELLENT!!!!

Nice video, it is amazing to see a huge 4 door pull the front wheels :bows:

CRUZTAKER
12-15-2008, 06:08 PM
You have mastered the hook. :bows:

Eventually...some of us would really love to know a bit more about your tune.

I personally would love to have a copy.

Got email...:D

justbob
12-15-2008, 06:10 PM
That car is insane!!

Joe Walsh
12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Then your book is stupid. A world record time, and this garbage falls out of your mouth? Your ignorance is amazing. Show some respect kid.
Sherman, thank you for always pushing the envelope, upping the ante, and thank you for spending the necessary money on your Marauder to always make it the best it can be. Lots of us would love to have a Marauder like yours. Amazing car, amazing video.

Congrats to you sir!

-Mat

^^^^^^^+1 on that!^^^^^^^^^^

This is a 4300 lb 4 door sedan that most probably WILL run 9s on a 281 CID engine!!!!

It ALSO has a lonnnnnnng wheelbase and it PULLS the front wheels!

You had to trailer your Marauder from the track after you ran it on Diesel race fuel.....:P

BTW: Chris...Do you and Sherman tune that BEAST?
I need to update my NA tune and I need a local guru.

MarauderTJA
12-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Way to go guys:beer:. It will be a race to the 9's for sure.:banana2: You guys sure are making this fun.....gotta love it.

DTRMiguel
12-15-2008, 07:40 PM
^^^^^^^+1 on that!^^^^^^^^^^

This is a 4300 lb 4 door sedan that most probably WILL run 9s on a 281 CID engine!!!!

It ALSO has a lonnnnnnng wheelbase and it PULLS the front wheels!

You had to trailer your Marauder from the track after you ran it on Diesel race fuel.....:P

BTW: Chris...Do you and Sherman tune that BEAST?
I need to update my NA tune and I need a local guru.

Hey Joe check out excessive motorsports they tuned Doom's car and Merc but springfield motorsports did merc's last tune i believe. Excessive is a straight up beast :up:

FordNut
12-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Great time! It's awesome to see some more of the Marauders getting close to 9's. Especially in full street trim with door panels, console, and everything still intact. Just take off the slicks and it's a grocery-getter!

TAKEDOWN
12-15-2008, 08:55 PM
That car is insane!!

Yeah huh... and the driver TOO!!! Did I ever tell you, that you're my hero!

Motorhead350
12-16-2008, 04:08 AM

Did you read my whole post or just take notice of the negative like the media does? I gave it respect, but think it's cheating when a car is trailered. It's not a street car, and it's not a street car it's a race car and if it's a race car it's no longer a car to me. Still driving 128 miles is impressive so it still kinda is a street car, but why was it trailered in the first place? Drive it the whole time and you'll have my full respect, but seems like enough are impressed anyway.

Bluerauder
12-16-2008, 05:23 AM
Did you read my whole post or just take notice of the negative like the media does? I gave it respect, but think it's cheating when a car is trailered. It's not a street car, and it's not a street car it's a race car and if it's a race car it's no longer a car to me. Still driving 128 miles is impressive so it still kinda is a street car, but why was it trailered in the first place? Drive it the whole time and you'll have my full respect, but seems like enough are impressed anyway.
Dom, stop talking about things you don't know about. Sherm's car can be whatever it wants to be. With street tires on, its a street car. With slicks and skinnies, its fast. He drove it to the Safford L-M car show last June. He has driven to other area events as well. When he gets serious, the shoes get changed. Bringing it to the track on a trailer just saves some prep time. And the trailer is there just in case ..... like for Nate's mishap this past trip. Sure makes sense to me.

ImpalaSlayer
12-16-2008, 05:59 AM

Congrats to you sir!

-Mat

thank you for saying what i could not figure out how to say. lets see your mm do that Dom

Blown3.8
12-16-2008, 06:11 AM
well said charlie.

i will reply to all other questions prolly tomorrow, goin to yamaha class now.

MarauderTJA
12-16-2008, 06:24 AM
Dom, stop talking about things you don't know about. Sherm's car can be whatever it wants to be. With street tires on, its a street car. With slicks and skinnies, its fast. He drove it to the Safford L-M car show last June. He has driven to other area events as well. When he gets serious, the shoes get changed. Bringing it to the track on a trailer just saves some prep time. And the trailer is there just in case ..... like for Nate's mishap this past trip. Sure makes sense to me.

What Charlie said^^^^. My car is a street car and yet I trailered it to Atlanta and ran my personal best. Both Sherm's and my car are full interior, registered street cars. Whether it has skinny fronts, Nitrous, slicks or whatever either of us do, still make our cars street cars. Race cars are stripped, gutted and the like. A huge difference between our cars.

2ndMDRebel
12-16-2008, 06:47 AM
Sherman, that is one sweet accomplishment, you have my utmost respect and admiration.

BlownMerc
12-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Nothing worse than driving to the track, having a $20 part put you down, and having a trailer at home! Trust me, it sucks. If I can drag it there, I'm going to. If it's on a trailer, you don't need it. If it ain't, you do. Simple Murphy's rule--if it can go wrong, it will! I drive mine back and forth to work, pull it to the track.

Great time, awesome car! Maybe one day when mine grows up and gains two more valves...

Blk Mamba
12-16-2008, 09:02 AM
All I can say is, WOW.

DOOM
12-16-2008, 09:45 AM
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Motorhead350
12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
thank you for saying what i could not figure out how to say. lets see your mm do that Dom

It does. I can drive it to the track, run my times and drive it home. Over 140 total miles no matter what track I go to. No tire changes, no headlight removal. It'll go down the track in it's street form. You wanna see it do that? Come on over, I'll show you in the spring. :P

Charlie you are right I do not know the car, but a trailer is a trailer. If a car is on one it's not being driven and if it's not being driven it's being "taken to places" it's lost respect from me as a "car". That's just me and I believe I stand alone on this one.... at least over here.

Anything can last longer the less you use it. Mine has 133,900 miles and runs 12s. How many people in the world can say that? Not to mention it never stays in a garage, it's my daily driver in the summer, I'm not afraid to drive state to state... I'm not putting down the Marauder that does 10.3, I'm saying mine is still a car, his seems more like a race car. I have not forgotten about the long ride home, but the tire changes, trailer time... street cars don't commute on trailers since it's no longer on the street, but that's JUST ME!

DOOM
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Dom he ran 10.30 and DROVE the car home. Over a 2 hour drive. And when he ran 10.30 his headlight was still in bro. That to ME is impressive :up:

Pops
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM
It does. I can drive it to the track, run my times and drive it home. Over 140 total miles no matter what track I go to. No tire changes, no headlight removal. It'll go down the track in it's street form. You wanna see it do that? Come on over, I'll show you in the spring. :P

Charlie you are right I do not know the car, but a trailer is a trailer. If a car is on one it's not being driven and if it's not being driven it's being "taken to places" it's lost respect from me as a "car". That's just me and I believe I stand alone on this one.... at least over here.

Anything can last longer the less you use it. Mine has 133,900 miles and runs 12s. How many people in the world can say that? Not to mention it never stays in a garage, it's my daily driver in the summer, I'm not afraid to drive state to state... I'm not putting down the Marauder that does 10.3, I'm saying mine is still a car, his seems more like a race car. I have not forgotten about the long ride home, but the tire changes, trailer time... street cars don't commute on trailers since it's no longer on the street, but that's JUST ME!

Sherman drove it to Michigan and raced it. Drove it to the track and drove it home. He is a winner in my eyes! Whipped the snot out of me while he was at it! :D

DOOM
12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Also sherman does drive the car around town. He has taken me for a ride in it :D

Blown3.8
12-16-2008, 02:48 PM

And there is a hugh difference between a 12.8 car and a 10.3 car in reliability. Not making excusses cause it'll still go the distance. Like John mentioned it went 11 hours to MI ran low 11's then made the trip home. No it doesn't have AC right now but it will.;) The street is not tough on a drag car if in its heart its still a street car like it is. But one thing is for sure street tires suck. :burnout:

Maybe next season we'll keep the street tires on it and see what it'll do on the track.

No hard feelings to you Motorhead350 you are entitled to your opinion.:) And you didn't disrespect.

Blown3.8
12-16-2008, 03:00 PM
You have mastered the hook. :bows:

Eventually...some of us would really love to know a bit more about your tune.

I personally would love to have a copy.

Got email...:D

The tune is a Jerry W. tune. The only person that has touched the tune in the car, besides a certain local speed shop that will never touch it again.

I have travelled far and wide to have Jerry tune it. Whenever he comes somewhat close and we need some upgrades we get it there and he does his magic. I've been to Jacksonville, Atlanta, Conneticut, North Carolina and local in VA to have Jerry tune our cars.

And thanks again everyone for the kind words.

Blown3.8
12-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Oh yeah and it still gets 20mpg.:P

Bluerauder
12-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah and it still gets 20mpg.:P

Just keep rubbing it in .... :rofl:

NATEHAWK
12-16-2008, 03:21 PM
All the haters will be vaporized by the Shermanator.....Meet him at staging lane..Enough said....

Shermanator
12-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Dennis, I accept the cake and adult drinks offer. Sorry about the November trip without visitation. House plumbing problems.

To the rest of you warriors, thanks for all the support over the street car/race car bs. Bottom line to me is "its a street car". I would rather have a "fast street car" than a "slow race car". Believe me DOM, its a regularly driven, street legal , fast Marauder.;)

TJA, Had to save Nate so did not make another run. Guanteed 9's. I regret that we didn't match up at Atlanta, But you engineered a surprise and forced me to match it. Next spring the race for 9's is on. I hope for our sake it is, then still between you and me and that DOM does not sneak up on us with his "Street Car named Desire".:D

merc
12-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Holy Cow the old man responds on the internet. Great run Sherman, sorry I could not be at Cecil that weekend, there is always next year. I guess I should stop talking smack about kicking your butt. :flamer:

MarauderTJA
12-16-2008, 04:44 PM
TJA, Had to save Nate so did not make another run. Guanteed 9's. I regret that we didn't match up at Atlanta, But you engineered a surprise and forced me to match it. Next spring the race for 9's is on. I hope for our sake it is, then still between you and me and that DOM does not sneak up on us with his "Street Car named Desire".:D

Sounds good Sherman:up:. You have to love the cool temps in MD for the run. :bows:Super run my friend. With some nice new Hoosiers, good track conditions I will be coming at you in January with a better ET than I have now. But you are right, we are the front line STREET MARAUDER CONTENDERS for the 9's. All in fun. This has been a blast. Enjoy the top spot while you can:lol:. And for DOM, naw I don't think so:shake:. Oh yeah, I am on a low carb diet too. Gotta lose some weight to compete with you:beer:.

CRUZTAKER
12-16-2008, 09:08 PM
The tune is a Jerry W. tune. The only person that has touched the tune in the car, besides a certain local speed shop that will never touch it again.

I have travelled far and wide to have Jerry tune it. Whenever he comes somewhat close and we need some upgrades we get it there and he does his magic. I've been to Jacksonville, Atlanta, Conneticut, North Carolina and local in VA to have Jerry tune our cars.

And thanks again everyone for the kind words.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping you would address some of us.
I used to catch Jerry here in Ohio every summer. But ever since dynomax went out of business, he does not come to our fair city any longer.

Somewhere I have an old business card of his. I just never called as I aware of his health issues and a need to get away from the hussle of dyno tuning every weekend.

Your post is encouraging, and leads me to believe he is still making some rounds.

If you don't mind, would you care to elaborate in a PM when you have a moment? I would also love get a copy of the MFT file you are using for some comparisons.

Super sticky tires are in my future. Once I can hook...I am going to need some super tuning to get where I want to be. My trap times varing from 120 to 125 compared to my et's clearly indicate that I am not hooking, and my trans is having issues.

Aren Jay
12-17-2008, 10:42 AM
.............................. .

Motorhead350
12-18-2008, 11:09 PM
My cars name is Suzy.

I knew I was going to get bashed.

Oh well!

A nine second Marauder is something I'd like to see too, even if it's trailered for 2 miles and driven 300.

NATEHAWK
12-19-2008, 04:27 AM
My cars name is Suzy.

I knew I was going to get bashed.

Oh well!

A nine second Marauder is something I'd like to see too, even if it's trailered for 2 miles and driven 300.

Man you really do post just to post. Mode get this bandwith HOG

Motorhead350
12-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Man you really do post just to post. Mode get this bandwith HOG

No I just always want the last word. A lot post more than me or have been here for less time, but post at a more often rate. Get it straight. :P

NATEHAWK
12-19-2008, 10:44 AM
No I just always want the last word. A lot post more than me or have been here for less time, but post at a more often rate. Get it straight. :P

Post Whore LOL

Motorhead350
12-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Post Whore LOL

You think you're funny? Calling people over the internet names, not to mention something everyone else has said? Hua? Especially when others have a much bigger rate for posting than I do? Get your infomation before you start anything. It's funny how you used the term "hater" when all I was experssing was an opinion. The world hate means you dislike something so much you take action about it, do you see me going over to the ten secod car and bashing it to bits? Nope. Would I? Never, it's a Marauder. Hope you had a good time laughing at me, you are a laughing matter yourself for your ignorance.

nomad
12-22-2008, 04:06 AM
You think you're funny? Calling people over the internet names, not to mention something everyone else has said? Hua? Especially when others have a much bigger rate for posting than I do? Get your infomation before you start anything. It's funny how you used the term "hater" when all I was experssing was an opinion. The world hate means you dislike something so much you take action about it, do you see me going over to the ten secod car and bashing it to bits? Nope. Would I? Never, it's a Marauder. Hope you had a good time laughing at me, you are a laughing matter yourself for your ignorance.
WOW, just wow.:shake:

rayjay
12-22-2008, 04:41 AM
Great accomplishment Sherman, congradulations!

Dom, please go back on your meds.

Motorhead350
12-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Dom, please go back on your meds.

I can't have my wisdom teeth removed again can I?

I don't use drugs and if it was to get in a better mood, that's just really low.

ImpalaSlayer
12-22-2008, 11:08 AM

you took that entirely too far. you must have very thin skin :shake:

O's Fan Rich
12-22-2008, 11:35 AM

Dom.... you need to quit while our behind.... stop digging the hole your standing in.

I'm still trying to figure out if I can get myself down to Sherman's body weight.... without dying....
hell, that'd be good for a good 1/2 second !

03calitejas
12-22-2008, 11:49 AM
UN FREAKING BELIVEABLE!!! Congratulation on an amazing acheivement. I look forward to watching the 9 sec shootout in the spring. Happy Holidays to all:beer: