PDA

View Full Version : one size tire for Marauder?

FLMARAUDER
09-19-2003, 12:13 PM
I currently have 2,200 miles on my stock blue Marauder. I am considering buying 2 new tires, the same size that's on the rear. I drive a lot and I want to be able to rotate the tires. I have had several cars in the past with big tires and you need to rotate them regularly or they start to wear unevenly, get noisy, and wear out way before their time.

Has anyone done this?

Anyone want a deal on 2 like new front tires located in Central Florida?

I Met Dennis Reinhart in Orange Park a few weeks ago. He will be doing some modifications on my MM sometime after he gets back from Ennis. With more power, the tire issue will be more critical.

The Vortech supercharged MM he gave me a ride in is an E-ticket ride for sure. I will get one once the bottom of my MM has the correct forged parts installed.

Murader03
09-19-2003, 01:12 PM
As long as you go with the larger tires on the front, I don't think youo'll have a problem with the TC. Another member of the board did this, but I don't recall if he owned an A or B model.

joflewbyu2
09-19-2003, 02:19 PM
i would go w/ 235/50s all the way around. they are 4 lbs a piece less weight and 5% smaller - this essentially changes the rear ratio from 3.55 to 3.73. i just bought 2 new 235/50s for $100 each.

Murader03
09-20-2003, 07:52 AM
Keep in mind that going to the smaller tires also increases your speedometer reading by 3%. You're actually running slower than it states, at least accorrding to my GPS.

67435animal
09-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Murader03
Keep in mind that going to the smaller tires also increases your speedometer reading by 3%. You're actually running slower than it states, at least according to my GPS.

..and, it probably increases your odometer reading as well. I would tend to go with the same size tires as are on the rear rather than the front.

Bob

Petrograde
09-21-2003, 03:26 PM
I was thinking about getting the same size tires all around too, all the size of the back tires. Has anyone here done this?

2 issues though:
-Will the bigger tire in front have clearance problems turning lock-to-lock?

-Will Eibach springs only in the rear bring back the raked look?

Thomas C Potter
09-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Using the 245 rear tires on front may cause contact on the fender's lip, not to mention looking goofy. 235 will be better choice. If you have TC and use same dia f & r, the TC light will come on at approx 38 mph. Simply turn off TC switch. ABS is fine.

Clearance problems turning lock-to-lock will be fine if you use 245. My 18x9 with 275 on the front does cause interverence probelms, but a small price to pay.

TP

Dennis Reinhart
09-21-2003, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FLMARAUDER
[B]I currently have 2,200 miles on my stock blue Marauder. I am considering buying 2 new tires, the same size that's on the rear. I drive a lot and I want to be able to rotate the tires. I have had several cars in the past with big tires and you need to rotate them regularly or they start to wear unevenly, get noisy, and wear out way before their time.

Has anyone done this?

If you have traction controll you cannot put the same size tires all the way around, with out having the traction controll light come on, I am looking into this now I believe it can be done if you use a Grand Marqee brake contoll mudule.

Marauder57
09-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Mac and Nogl(or something like that)

Have some nice Pirellis on their rides....but are still the smaller on the front...forgot what the numbers were....

Papabear
09-22-2003, 06:32 AM
There has to be some way to do it with a traction control car. The Marauder S has 255/45ZR-18 Pirelli's on all 4 corners. May be worth a call to Kenny Brown to see if they will tell you how they do this.

looking97233
09-22-2003, 02:12 PM
marauder s tire sizes: 255/45/18 front, 255/50/18 rear.

Pirelli P-Zero something-or-other @ about $350 each.

Dennis Reinhart
09-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Papabear
There has to be some way to do it with a traction control car. The Marauder S has 255/45ZR-18 Pirelli's on all 4 corners. May be worth a call to Kenny Brown to see if they will tell you how they do this.

I just said there is no way of doing this with TC unless the brake module is changed I will explain this when I get home

Marauderer
09-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know how wide can we go on our stock rims without having them modified?