PDA

View Full Version : Review Review: 3500 stall converter and Zack products/services

Motorhead350
12-18-2008, 10:50 PM
I purchased the P.I. 3500 stall torque converter and it solved my issues off the line. No matter what it was buring rubber off the line and I loved it. I had an issue with it though. A few months after I got it, it started acting like the stock torque converter was back in. Off the line it would be a sloth just like before, even with 9psi. The car would only act like this when it had been driven for a while. If it was just fired up or I only drove it for 15 minutes it would work fine.

One day I met up with Dennis at a Marauder meet and asked him to check out this problem. He took me for a ride, brake torqued the car and lit up the tires and said "There is nothing wrong with your torque converter." My responce was "Try that again without using the brake." He did just so and it was a total sloth off the line. The car was hooked up to a computer and he tried his best to figure out the problem for what seemed like 45 minutes... no luck.

I didn't know what to do and I got advice on here to take it back to the installer and have it tuned again. I did just that and it turns out this product cost me a whole transmission. Something from inside the torque converter got inside the transmission and blew it up while it was at the shop. It was a shame I had to sell my soul to my dad to get it fixed and built so I would never have to worry about it again. I don't know who is to blame, but if you want a 3500 stall torque converter stay away from P.I.

Next I bought the Zack and Mac control arms and I must say they did more for me then I though. Taking the old ones out required air tools to get the bolts free, but using the old bushings wasn't a problem. Not only did it make the car handle better, but it went faster too. When I was N/A I got the car to run 14.6 with Zack's control arms, the Dennis flash and a K&N Air Charger.

Zack also installed my second engine in the matter of hours and headers in one night. (separate times) If you need any work done and Zack is near come on over. Even if he's far he's worth the drive and his labor prices are unbeatable.

Zack used to be a vendor and has made products so I would image it's alright to review his work.