PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy a tune

NOMARQUIS
12-21-2008, 06:31 AM
My friend has hopped up his Marquis, so I need to stay ahead of him. I really don't want to change my Marauder from stock, but I figure a stock tune would be a way to go. I'm worried a tune might void my warranty (ESP) but from what I understand, I can always set the ECU back to stock? Anyway, It sounds like I might want a Lidio tune. I have a few questions.
1. How do I contact this Lidio person?
2 Will he sell me an x-cal so Ican just plug it in to my port and go?
3 Will this tune improve shifting? My friend's MGM shifts much better since
it was tuned. (Lonnie tune)

4. How much dough do to do this? (x-cal and tune?)

Come spring, I want to make sure I can stay ahead of his MGM at the strip. His Merc seems really quick since he tuned, geared and changed the air box.

MM2004
12-21-2008, 06:36 AM
My friend has hopped up his Marquis, so I need to stay ahead of him. I really don't want to change my Marauder from stock, but I figure a stock tune would be a way to go. I'm worried a tune might void my warranty (ESP) but from what I understand, I can always set the ECU back to stock? Anyway, It sounds like I might want a Lidio tune. I have a few questions.
1. How do I contact this Lidio person?
2 Will he sell me an x-cal so Ican just plug it in to my port and go?
3 Will this tune improve shifting? My friend's MGM shifts much better since
it was tuned. (Lonnie tune)

4. How much dough do to do this? (x-cal and tune?)

Come spring, I want to make sure I can stay ahead of his MGM at the strip. His Merc seems really quick since he tuned, geared and changed the air box.

What gear did he put in?

Mike.

MM2004
12-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Check out Lidio's site and give him a call.

About $400.00

http://www.alternativeauto.com/prodserv/marauder_tune.html

Mike.

Mike
12-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Contact Zack :D

jdando
12-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Another vote for Lidio. Lidio knows Marauders.

03calitejas
12-21-2008, 12:59 PM
While I do agree that Lidio, Zack and Dennis all know Marauders very very well, I would suggest making the extra investment of time and a little bit of money and getting the car tuned on a dyno. Your car may be bone stock but with a fresh set of plugs and a tune on a dyno you can see the Torque and HP curves at given RPM's and the tuner can lean or enrich the mixture. Once tuned they can also adjust your shift points to suit you. Your buddy in his non 32V GM won't know what hit him. A good Mustang speed shop in 'sconsin or Chitown with a dyno will be familiar with your motor. Find the baddest cobra in town and ask them where to go.

You can also change to a JLT cold air intake and go back to your stock airbox later if you don't like it. Cheap extra 10HP or so depending on what you read.

If the strip is where you want the giddy up, I think changing over to the 4:10 gears is cost effective. Again, you can always toss back in the 3:55's later.

just my 2 cents

:beer:

Vortech347
12-21-2008, 11:59 PM
I would suggest getting a tune from a licensed SCT dealer.