PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles-area Trilogy Installations

studio460
09-20-2003, 06:53 PM
I just saw a post on Trilogy's own forum (at their website, not this one) from another Marauder owner mentioning Steeda as a possible installation location for his own Trilogy install (he contacted Steeda himself, according to the post, and Trilogy was not involved in any way). Where in California is Steeda located? I'm in Los Angeles, and I'm planning to get a Trilogy blower this winter sometime. Has Jerry Barnes started any kind of dialogue with Steeda or anyone else on the West Coast for Trilogy installs, yet? Just wondering where the rest of us Southern Californian Marauder owners will be able to turn to for their Trilogy installs. My current plan is to buy the Trilogy blower through Ford Racing when offered this fall and, hopefully, have a Ford dealer do the install in order to have the maximum manufacturer warranty support possible. Thanks, Trilogy, and keep up the good work!

sailsmen
09-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Good strategy but IMHO all your getting is a friendly dealer who will be more likely to help. This is of significant value.

FMC Racing parts do violate your FMC Marauder warranty.

gonzo50
09-20-2003, 08:22 PM
I thought that Steeda was in south Florida, and Saleen was in California.....anyone ?
Either one is an excellent choice for any mods.

studio460
09-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Oh, duh. Yeah, Steeda is in Florida.

studio460
09-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by sailsmen
FMC Racing parts do violate your FMC Marauder warranty.
Thought so.

SouLRioT
09-21-2003, 06:43 PM
I was the one who called steeda btw (not knowing that they were "steeda") One day I figured I would try and see what I would have to do if I decided on this option. I first called my dealer and they said they wouldnt touch a SC install, also adding that I would void my warranty. I said thanks for the info and hung up. Then I fired up my computer and looked at ford mortor sports's web site to see local dealer who could do an install. I first called a ford dealer and they just kept on connecting my to differnt people, so I hung up. I then called another shop, and they said they needed more info. I then called trilogy and go the info and called the shop back. They said they could do it but would want to look at the manual. So I'm having trilogy send a install manual (when they make it) and hear back when it goes down. My suggestion would be to go and see who your local dealers for fomoco in your area and see what they can do.

RocketCouch
09-29-2003, 10:16 PM
I bet JBA would be able to do it for you. Maybe ask Bruce when we're down there?

Jerry Barnes
09-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Hey Folks,

Thanks for the notes. Yes, Steeda is in Florida, but it's not a long drive(ha ha)!

We are currently working with some dealers in the SF area. I am looking for SVT or established Tuners in the LA area. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Lidio and me will be visiting LA and SF before the end of the year to nail down quality installation centers for our customers on the West Coast.

I would appreciate any help you can give!!!

Thanks

dailydriver
09-30-2003, 04:32 PM
Any word on the kit being CARB legal?

Jerry Barnes
10-04-2003, 12:28 PM
We are trying to set up our testing for CARB by the end of this month or the beginning of next month. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks!

studio460
10-08-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Barnes
We are trying to set up our testing for CARB by the end of this month or the beginning of next month.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After my recent FordChip dynotune at a Southern California racing shop, I was told some pretty scary non-CARB certified horror stories. The techs at the shop told me that in San Diego (I'm in Los Angeles) they have roadside checkpoints to enforce California emissions compliance. Another customer told me that at a large car show in the San Fernando Valley (near Los Angeles), CHP officers were sticking O2 sensors (or whatever those tailpipe smog check probes are called) into everyone's cars! California smog checks now include visual inspections both under the hood and under the car! When I asked about installing a supercharger that doesn't have a CARB certification, the shop replied. "We don't install any illegal superchargers here." So thank you, Trilogy! It looks like you're about to become our only legal option for those of us in California with the need for more speed!

studio460
10-08-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Barnes
I am looking for SVT or established Tuners in the LA area. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Jerry/Lidio:

Since I am getting very excited about having your product in my Marauder someday, I am hoping you'll find a reputable (and hopefully, affordable!) installation partner here in the Los Angeles area soon. To be honest, I would feel more comfortable having the Trilogy install performed at a Ford SVT dealer. I plan to buy the Trilogy product as sold through Ford Racing (how soon might that be happening, by the way?), and it would be nice to complement the purchasing relationship with Ford by having a Ford SVT dealer do the install as well. I believe there are several SVT dealers in the Los Angeles area, but I don't know who they are. As to an independent shop as another option, two Mustang shops that I've heard of may be worth mentioning here as well. Now, let me say that I have NO DIRECT EXPERIENCE with either of these shops, and have only heard of these shops second-hand.

Swanson Performance
22414 South Normandie, Suite H
Torrance, California 90502
Tel. 310.787.7800 Fax 310.787.7200
http://www.swansonperfomance.com
swanperf@gte.net
danny@swansonperformance.com

Chicane Sport Tuning
1908 Del Amo Blvd., Unit A
Torrance, California 90501
Tel. 310.782.0063 Fax 310.618.1934
http://www.chicanesport.com
joe@chicanesport.com

Thanks, Jerry, Lidio, and everyone at Trilogy--keep up the great work!