PDA

View Full Version : Welcome all!

Logan
06-06-2002, 12:18 PM
Welcome to MercuryMarauder.net!

This is a brand new site based off an proven formula on the first website I created, this site's Mama as it were, www.mercurycougar.net

We retooled the software and "feel" of mercurycougar.net and brought it up as mercurymarauder.net. Why? Well, I was pretty shocked to see that there wasn't more of a web presence for both the old and new marauders. www.mercurymarauder.org seemed to be one of the few sites dedicated to the marauder.

That's the premise of why we're here.

Myself, I live here in Dallas, TX and am a Merc nut, through and through. I own a 69 Mercury Cougar XR7 Coupe, the wife drive's a 2002 Villager, and my daily driver is a 02 SVT Lightning (I need a truck, otherwise it'd be a marauder for sure).

I hope this will grow into a valuable resource for classic and new owners alike, and if the Marauder crowd is even half what the Classic Cougar crowd is, this will turn into a fine site indeed!

Thanks for visiting and look forward to chatting!

Gaylon Harwell
06-06-2002, 12:34 PM
Thanks for setting this up, Logan.
When I noticed that you'd bought the truck --- after you'd registered the mercurymarauder.net URL --- I was afraid you'd lose interest and not follow through with a site. Glad you did... and a nice job I might add.
I'm a regular on IMMC... but frankly I'm not to delighted with the forum software that board uses (and I think HTML adds a lot to the emotion of a message). I hope this site draws a nice following.
...Gaylon

Logan
06-07-2002, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the comments Gaylon... You're right, I was waffling back and forth whether or not to open it up, but decided it would be best if I did. Our local Mercury dealer is also our Classic Cougar club sponsor. The GM owns a 70 Boss 302 Cougar Eliminator. I'm going to be in and around Marauder's quite a bit, and have a unique inside perspective on them as a whole through my contacts.

So, based on that, my own plans to pick one up, and that this site is using a design I've already proven, tested, and works well... It made it worthwhile to continue the effort.

I'm excited about it, and can't wait until the new marauder's start hitting the streets in style!

2004 MARAUDER
06-23-2002, 02:42 PM
I would also like to thank you Logan. I am real excited to be able to join this new forum. Hope it grows and continues for years to come. As my user name implies, I must wait untill next year for my Marauder, but will hang around and plan to learn from all the lucky 2003 owners.

Jim

Logan
06-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Thanks Jim. Forums take a while to take hold and get on their feet. With the cars just debuting, it'll take a few months before this site becomes a hot bed of activity. Folks have to find it first.

I'm trying to get Mercury to post the link up on the marauder page. We'll see how that goes...

My local Mercury GM bought one for himself, it's the 4th one they've gotten in, he's already modified it with 3.73 gears and magnaflow exhaust. The 3.73's are really needed to increase the off the line performance and get the motor into it's power band sooner.

On a plus note, the gear swap does NOT require PCM modifications. The new speed sensors are located on the rear axle with the ABS sensor, not in the transmission as they have been previously...

This site will be around for a long time, Marauder is in the production plans for mercury through 2010 currently.

Silver & a Navy Blue shade will be introducing later this year, along with a power moonroof and a dealer installable deck wing...

Petronski
07-01-2002, 06:33 AM
I hope management here at mm.net won't mind if I point out that there are hundreds (thousands) of fans of the CrownVic/GrandMarquis/Marauder sharing technical information and cameraderie at crownvic.net and y'all are welcome to check us out too.

I'm not connected with owners/management of either site, I'm just trying to offer some neighborly info. :)

Logan
07-01-2002, 06:48 AM
Now why would I mind? Noooooooooooo problems... :)

Petronski
07-01-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Now why would I mind? Noooooooooooo problems... :)

Have you ever met the people who run and inhabit that 'other' crown vic site?

Logan
07-01-2002, 07:33 AM
I lurk at crownvic.net all the time, but haven't actually met any of the operators of the site no...

OKmrodr
07-02-2002, 09:01 AM
Logan --

Thanks for a dedicated Marauder site. The CV sites are good general information sites as concerns the basic platform and possible modifications but I am looking forward to seeing specifics that owners really do to their MM. The 3.73 gear swap info on your GM's ride looks like a high priority for those desiring the extra grunt. I especially am looking forward to the Classic MM section taking off. I am old enough to remember that vehicle but cannot recall what it looked like.

I had the opportunity to test drive the MM last week at a dealership in Norman, OK. I decided I will have one of them, hopefully as soon as this fall. Basic plan for mine will be as a weekend ride, making modifications as time/money allow, maybe making a few car shows as the modifications move into the area where they might impress a judge.

I love the look and layout of the site. I wish you much success in running it and keeping it a site for encouraging MM owners to enhance the fun of the vehicle while not devolving into bashing each other's rides, modifications or personalities. You know what I mean!! :D :D

Logan
07-02-2002, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the kind words OKmrodr... :)

The 3.73's are a definate must, if it was me, I'd probably pop for 4.10's but there'd be no more flat out romps off the line without going up in smoke. With the 3.73's, it's just mash it and go. Simple. I like that.

The classic marauder guys will have to find us first, unfortunately, it's a pretty small crowd of people. The original marauders are pretty rare beasts now a days...

SSMOKEM
07-10-2002, 03:00 PM
Hey Logan,

I just found this site, and even though I'm an Impala guy, I'm still anxious to see what you guys can do with the big cars. I love BIG sporty 4 doors :)

Bill96DGGM
07-10-2002, 03:13 PM
Nice looking site Logan... I will have to second what SSMOKEM said...

Logan
07-10-2002, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the comments!!

MarauderMike
07-10-2002, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the site Logan! I got my Marauder about three weeks ago, what a car! I'm looking forward to all the perfomance upgrade suggestions I'm sure I'll find here, the 3.73 gear sounds like a winner.
This car is my daily driver, and it just gets better and better with more miles on it. My only complaint about the car is the extra time I need to allow when I go somewhere to answer all the questions(what a trip!). I haven't had this much reaction to a car since my 73 Pantera. Keep up the great work with the site!

GarageMahal
07-10-2002, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the new site!

I purchased up my 'rauder on Saturday and love every minute of driving it.

I actually didn't mind spending three hours cleaning the garage last night in an attempt to make it possible to fit the MM in next to my '76 Eldo convertible.

Looking forward to all the good discussions here,
jta

Racerx88
01-12-2005, 02:40 PM
So, how many of you who actually posted in this thread still have your MM and are still active on this board?
:cool4:

CRUZTAKER
01-12-2005, 03:22 PM
So this is where it bagan....?

Kinda like Genesis 4:6:D

MarauderMark
01-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Oolee sa leem , Olee sa leem.. :bows:
Well it was cool to read this . Never knew about this thread.. :D

Smokie
01-12-2005, 03:54 PM
That's when Logan was young and innocent and use to smile, we actually were kind to each other.....didn't really know much about the Marauder.....we know a lot about the Marauder now....don't we.

Petrograde
01-12-2005, 03:58 PM
wow,... talk about an old a$$ thread!

If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em! eh Dean?

:rofl:

Racerx88
01-12-2005, 04:00 PM
wow,... talk about an old a$$ thread!
If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em! eh Dean?
What on earth do you mean??

:cool4: :cool4:

Logan
01-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Dean, why'd you have to go and do that.... :)

Silver_04
01-12-2005, 05:50 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~ctt9/images/sixth_sense.jpg

Bigdogjim
01-12-2005, 05:55 PM
A regular world of nightmares.............:rofl:

Bluerauder
01-12-2005, 07:38 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~ctt9/images/sixth_sense.jpg
"They're just popping around and they don't even know they're dead." :rofl:

Agent M79
01-12-2005, 07:55 PM
I think THIS (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1) is the very first thread!

DEFYANT
01-12-2005, 10:56 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

This is an old thead. Cant we have a warning or something to let the board elders know so we dont have to read the old news again??? whaaa boo hoo

:D

Patrick
01-13-2005, 02:03 AM
My MM was even built then. And I thought I was one of the first!!!

Racerx88
01-13-2005, 07:24 AM
Hehehe!!!

:rofl: :laugh:

jgc61sr2002
01-13-2005, 07:43 AM
My Marauder will be 2 years old this month and have no intention of ever selling it. :D I'am in for the long haul. :D

DEFYANT
07-15-2006, 09:28 PM
:bump: cuz I like this thread :D

Bigdogjim
07-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Old thread reborn!

Mebot
07-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Logan --

Thanks for a dedicated Marauder site. The CV sites are good general information sites as concerns the basic platform and possible modifications but I am looking forward to seeing specifics that owners really do to their MM. The 3.73 gear swap info on your GM's ride looks like a high priority for those desiring the extra grunt. I especially am looking forward to the Classic MM section taking off. I am old enough to remember that vehicle but cannot recall what it looked like.

I had the opportunity to test drive the MM last week at a dealership in Norman, OK. I decided I will have one of them, hopefully as soon as this fall. Basic plan for mine will be as a weekend ride, making modifications as time/money allow, maybe making a few car shows as the modifications move into the area where they might impress a judge.

I love the look and layout of the site. I wish you much success in running it and keeping it a site for encouraging MM owners to enhance the fun of the vehicle while not devolving into bashing each other's rides, modifications or personalities. You know what I mean!! :D :D

If you stopped by Capt Dans did you talk to my uncle's? They all work there

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away...

Mebot
07-04-2013, 03:37 AM
What in the world is going on? I thought I was quoting and replying to Paul (05crownsport) in a thread he posted in CAM forum but instead I ended up here replying to Logan?

What happened? Must be a glitch in the system....

WhatsUpDOHC
07-04-2013, 04:09 AM
MM.net post #1?
That's what I call a Bump!

Mebot
07-04-2013, 04:16 AM
Yeah I'm not sure what happened... on my phone using tapatalk and replying to a post in the CAM forum and I hit submit and now I've bumped the first thread ever on mm.net..... ?

My he'd asplode

Ms. Denmark
07-04-2013, 04:59 AM
Wow...you bumped THE FIRST mm.net thread! You are a genius, Ryan! I enjoyed reading it. So how many "original members" are still here driving their Marauders I wonder? :cool:

PRCARGUY
07-04-2013, 05:48 AM
I'm now part of history.:bows: In before the lock! :lol:

lji372
07-04-2013, 05:50 AM
I'm now part of history.:bows: In before the lock! :lol:

That right there^^^^^

Even when you screw up it works:beer:

Very cool ryan:D

SC Cheesehead
07-04-2013, 05:52 AM
What in the world is going on? I thought I was quoting and replying to Paul (05crownsport) in a thread he posted in CAM forum but instead I ended up here replying to Logan?

What happened? Must be a glitch in the system....

http://lolpics.se/pics/75453.jpg

Bluerauder
07-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Wow...you bumped THE FIRST mm.net thread! You are a genius, Ryan! I enjoyed reading it. So how many "original members" are still here driving their Marauders I wonder? :cool:

Logan is still around and checks in occasionally. Last visit was 29 March. He sold his MM.

MarauderMike still has his MM and is still active here as of today.

GarageMahal last checked in on 17 June.

CRUZTAKER sold his MM but attended MV10 in his WRX. He still visits every once in awhile. Last stop was 5 May.

Smokie is now just a reader and a lurker. Not much posting but he stops in every couple weeks or so. Last stop in was 10 June. I miss Smokie's voice of sanity here on MM.Net.

MOTOWN
07-04-2013, 06:12 AM
Nice thread!

kirk
07-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I just realized he made that first post on the same day the first retailed car left the dealership.
(Yes, that would be my car):banana:
(Would have been about the same time too!)

Ms. Denmark
07-04-2013, 11:36 AM
I just realized he made that first post on the same day the first retailed car left the dealership.
(Yes, that would be my car):banana:
(Would have been about the same time too!)
That's pretty cool! You and nhmuscle need to get your cars together. He's got the last one that rolled off the line #11,052. Alpha and Omega

Motorhead350
07-04-2013, 02:46 PM

Hi........... :)

cruzer
07-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Number 92 ----- I had been posting on another site for a year--- Logan was there also. I was off the net for a while and when I came back, I immediately signed on. There are others with much lower numbers still here--- Speak up and be recognized. Those were really " the good old days". I still enjoy being a member of the mm.net family . To have survived this long and to be as active as we are is very rare in the web site world. Soooooo,let's keep Logan's dream alive. The Old Man

Mr. Man
07-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Hi........... :)

Number 92 ----- I had been posting on another site for a year--- Logan was there also. I was off the net for a while and when I came back, I immediately signed on. There are others with much lower numbers still here--- Speak up and be recognized. Those were really " the good old days". I still enjoy being a member of the mm.net family . To have survived this long and to be as active as we are is very rare in the web site world. Soooooo,let's keep Logan's dream alive. The Old Man

You guys have managed to hang in all these years (and at opposite ends of the age spectrum.) That says something about this site or Marauder owners or both.;)

guspech750
07-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Interesting stuff

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

MyBlackBeasts
07-04-2013, 07:23 PM
http://lolpics.se/pics/75453.jpg

Classic!!!