PDA

View Full Version : How many canadian members?

MapleLeafMerc
09-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Just wondering how many Canadian members we have here. I've only seen a couple so far. I've also seen a few stats on US sales, wondering what Cdn market is like. Anyone know?

Logan
09-21-2003, 05:45 PM
There's a number of Canucks on the board... I'm one too, but have been living in Texas for the past 4 years, so I guess I don't count eh? :) Welcome to the site!

MapleLeafMerc
09-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Sure you do! :banana:

67435animal
09-23-2003, 08:16 AM
I'm the same as Logan; born and raised in Toronto; been here for over 20 years. I'll be up in the area at the end of November. If you see a Marauder with a GA plate, it's me.

Bob

Logan
09-23-2003, 09:25 AM
I was born in Toronto, raised out on the prairies in Edmonton/Calgary, moved down here from Montreal where my wife is from...

I miss the land and the people, but don't miss the economy, taxes and price tags.

MapleLeafMerc
09-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by 67435animal
I'm the same as Logan; born and raised in Toronto; been here for over 20 years. I'll be up in the area at the end of November. If you see a Marauder with a GA plate, it's me.

Bob

If you have time, stop in and say hi! We can do lunch. My office is in Brampton, Airport Rd & Highway 7. (There's a local map on our website at www.ehpope.com). :up:

Larry

MapleLeafMerc
09-23-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Logan
I miss the land and the people, but don't miss the economy, taxes and price tags.

OUCH! Know exactly what you mean. :( You omitted left wing, pinko politicians, though!

Larry

67435animal
09-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by MapleLeafMerc
If you have time, stop in and say hi! We can do lunch. My office is in Brampton, Airport Rd & Highway 7. (There's a local map on our website at www.ehpope.com). :up:

Larry

Larry, no promises. I will be with my wife and we'll be staying in Oakville. However, Brampton is in the neighourhood.

Bob

TripleTransAm
09-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Count me as another Canadian Marauder. Montreal to be precise.

So far, I've spotted 4 other Marauders on the road (one lives about 2 minutes away from me) here in Montreal, and from what parts people from different dealers have told me, there's potentially a dozen or more Marauders roaming the Montreal roads. All that potential for a strong local club, but traditionally the local car folks tend to be more apathetic when it comes to getting together for car stuff.

Firedab
09-23-2003, 12:33 PM
Canadian too, from Montreal, but in Florida now. Been here for over 20 years, so I know I dont count. :alone:

Bobby Clobber
09-23-2003, 01:33 PM
How about a bluenoser all the way down east in Halifax. I'm one of two Marauders in the area both '03 and black. It is an absolute blast to watch people when they see this car.
By the way, beware of the Audis they are fast machines, at least to 200 kph , after that either no more go or no more nerve.

Dr Caleb
09-23-2003, 01:47 PM
Me too, the token Westernerer! Hey Bobby! How ya gettin' on Skipper? :)

I'm told there are 2 other MM's in the small town I live in, but I have yet to see them. By stats alone, there should be 18 in the Edmonton area (3 per dealer, 6 dealers took delivery).

I went by my dealer on Saturday. there were 3 when I bought mine in February. There are still 2 sitting there. :(

Dr Caleb
09-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Clobber
How about a bluenoser all the way down east in Halifax. I'm one of two Marauders in the area both '03 and black. It is an absolute blast to watch people when they see this car.
By the way, beware of the Audis they are fast machines, at least to 200 kph , after that either no more go or no more nerve.

I went for an 04 Maxima the other day. They're quick too. I had him up till 160/170 K, then I let off. It felt like my wheels were't on the ground anymore (hard headwind) and he took the LFB (loser fly by) up to about 220k before I lost sight.

Bobby Clobber
09-23-2003, 04:18 PM
Bobby's back

I spent some time out west while in school . Drove for Brewsters like all good easterners do.Mainly out of Banff/ Calgary but loved every minute of it, Great Country.

Glad to see some canuk activity on the site,

What are you doing about the winter months? Great deal the U.S. guys got, but I think I might park it for the Dec/Mar stretch.

We use wayyyyyyyy too much salt down here for any car to survive.

MapleLeafMerc
09-23-2003, 09:46 PM
Hi Bobby- Glad to hear from you!

You're dead on on about salt. :mad2: I'm sure many of our northern US friends would agree.

I drove mine last winter (rustproofed and winter-tire'd), and will this year. Will it be a candidate for the gold medal at a car show in 10 years? Not likely. But with good rustproofing and today's better built cars I can live with it.

Unless you want to preserve it as a show car, I say drive it and enjoy it! :up:

MapleLeafMerc
09-23-2003, 09:59 PM
Firedab- see reply to Logan above your post. You count too! :up:

MapleLeafMerc
09-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Dr Caleb- Thanks for standing up and being counted as a hoser! :lol:

Dr Caleb
09-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Dr Caleb- Thanks for standing up and being counted as a hoser! :lol:

Cooooo loo kooo koo kooo kooo koooo koooooo!

I'm going to put my car away for the winter too.

Not just because of the salt, but because of the rocks. If this thing chips with bugs only (I have a chip under my mirror on the drivers door!!), I can't bear to watch what the gravel they use on the roads here will do to it. Plus there are wayyyy too many rear enders when the first snow hits. I'll let my CV be the sacrificial curling rock.

I've said it before, but my 11 year old Crown Vic does not have as much paint damage, other than the front and rear bumpers (Thanks to those who park by 'feel') than my 9 month old MM does! I've got scratches on all 4 quarters from cats jumping on the hood and trunk, deep ones too. My CV is parked beside it, and not 1 scratch. And I won't get into the hood...

canmercman
09-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Hi Guys,

Another Hoser with a big black marauder in Newmarket,Ontario

Greg

TripleTransAm
09-27-2003, 02:00 AM
Maybe we should get our own forum... you know, so we could like hang out and act all disinterested in our cars... but in a group sort of way. ;)

Seriously though... any interest in a separate Forum? A place where we could safely discuss things in metric without fear of reprisal? A place where 0-62 mph (100kph) acceleration times meant something. A place where real men were determined by the number of kilowatts their engines put out. A place to call home...

yorks
09-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Coumt me in!
I'm somewhat like Logan, displaced. Immigrated from England in 1983. Lived in N.S. for 5 years and then moved down here to the Automotive Capital of Canada (says that on the welcome signs, honest).
I'd be interested in a separate forum for things like this.....
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4925&highlight=dead+pedal
Sroll down to the bottom for some useful info.

TripleTransAm
09-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Cool. I missed that post.

I wonder if Dennis deals with anyone specific up here in Canada when it comes to tuning and/or hardware installation?

MapleLeafMerc
09-27-2003, 09:33 AM
Hi all you hoseheads!

Triple's idea of a forum is good. And yorks with his link has a good point. We Canadians always have the problem of extra shipping costs and customs to deal with, and for most of us a Canadian source for equipment is probably the most practical. (I think a thread of Cdn dealer locations in our future forum would be helpful, including Sean Hyland in Woodstock, ON and RCO Enterprises in Aylmer, ON).

I was going to ask Logan if he would set up a forum for us but then thought we should come up with a name. Would something like Canadian Marauders suffice or should it be more 'creative'?

Regards

Larry Pope

Bobby Clobber
09-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Count me in too, I read all the posts from our brothers south of the border and wish we had access to the same stuff. Wonder if Dennis or Logan have any ideas, leads, or thoughts on the topic?

Again what are people doing for the winter and any idea on cost or who might be able to provide the goods ?
?

TripleTransAm
09-27-2003, 02:57 PM
I was going to ask Logan if he would set up a forum for us but then thought we should come up with a name. Would something like Canadian Marauders suffice or should it be more 'creative'?

I suppose the main goal would be to make it easy for first time visitors to spot. You know, us Canucks not having a lot of spare time what with all the time-consuming stuff we need to do... with winter coming, I gotta change the oil on the snow dogs and make sure the sled is properly aligned. Then there's the big generator I have to fire up before they shut down the electricity to the whole country on November 15 due to the cold (I can't wait until the April 20 'turn-on' date). There's also the time-honoured tradition of going over every inch of my property's fence checking out the barbed wire to keep out the hungry polar bears who missed hibernation. Man I'll miss watching TV once the antenna gets buried under the snow, sometime around mid October.

jgc61sr2002
09-27-2003, 03:35 PM
canmercman - Welcome to the MM site.:D

STAPrap
09-27-2003, 08:29 PM
Hey MapleLeafMerc,I am a 100% Canadian...
Sales here in Canada are poor for Marauder and Grand Marquis....us Canucks tend to buy the Taurus and Focus for our daily driver.
Sorry guys,I cannot afford to own a Maruader at this time.What I can tell you though,I've driven about a hundred of them in the black and blue colour 2003's.
Nice car you guys own,,,way to go,,,it's great to own a car when someone says "what is that?"

TripleTransAm
09-27-2003, 08:47 PM
Sounds like you work at the plant. Do me a favor and smack whoever's in charge of positioning the driver's side harness for me, will ya? ;)

I was on my way to drop off my kid at my parents' place on Friday morning when I found myself right behind another Marauder at my exit! I was behind him for about 10 seconds, then he set himself up for a left turn while I had to keep going straight... I slowed down (much to the frustration of traffic behind me) and honked. Can't tell if he saw me (his windows were almost as tinted as mine were!). Notable differences: he had a spoiler, mine does not.

Grand Marquis are pretty popular around Montreal. If I can swing it financially, I'll be tracking down a decent Marquis to allow me to avoid winter driving my Marauder this coming winter.

67435animal
09-28-2003, 04:08 AM
STRAPrap obviously works at the plant in St. Thomas. My wife and I are coming up to visit my family the last week of November and I would love a plant tour. I sent a PM to STRAPtap and asked if that was possible. I'll let you guys know what he says.

Anyone else interested? Would it not be neat to get a bunch of Marauders at the plant and go on a tour? Maybe we could even set up a tech session with one of the plant managers and get all our nagging problems off our chests.

FYI, Chevrolet does this at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green regularly. They have people who are responsible for the tours.

Bob

yorks
09-28-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
I wonder if Dennis deals with anyone specific up here in Canada when it comes to tuning and/or hardware installation?
I didn't ask that, but RCO enterprises were aware of SHMS in Woodstock.
If you call their #, the voice menu says something like "All Ford, all the time". Might be worth calling them at the # in the link I posted above.
I did ask them about T-Shirts, Zippos, etc (as sold by Ron Rush: www.mercurycollection.com) but Ron Otway said they only deal in mechanical items.
I'm staying stock for now (apart from KB dead pedal), but it might be interesting to find out what they have that is MM specific.

yorks
09-28-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by 67435animal
Would it not be neat to get a bunch of Marauders at the plant and go on a tour? Maybe we could even set up a tech session with one of the plant managers and get all our nagging problems off our chests.

FYI, Chevrolet does this at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green regularly. They have people who are responsible for the tours.
I hate to be a wet blanket, and I could be wrong, but...
a) I work for FMC and plant tours are few and far between unless it's in their best interests. ie New business, meet the press, product launch, civic pride horn blowing, etc.
b) The chance of any member of management at St. Thomas knowing more about this vehicle than any member of this site is slim to none unless he drives one and is a member here.

"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong" - Dennis Miller

TripleTransAm
09-28-2003, 09:24 AM
I thought there was already some sort of Panther get together at the plant, every spring?

67435animal
09-28-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by yorks
I hate to be a wet blanket, and I could be wrong, but...
a) I work for FMC and plant tours are few and far between unless it's in their best interests. ie New business, meet the press, product launch, civic pride horn blowing, etc.
b) The chance of any member of management at St. Thomas knowing more about this vehicle than any member of this site is slim to none unless he drives one and is a member here.

"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong" - Dennis Miller

Pity!:(

MapleLeafMerc
09-28-2003, 11:13 AM
Hi all!

Just noticed that Logan has set up a forum in the Regional section called "Maple Leaf Marauders" :banana:

Larry

Quickeys
02-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Hi MapleLeafMerc:
I recently joined.
Live in Etobicoke.
Have a 2003 MM and would like to aquire some high flow converters.
Any suggestions?
By the way, I am 55.:beer:
Quickeys

Just wondering how many Canadian members we have here. I've only seen a couple so far. I've also seen a few stats on US sales, wondering what Cdn market is like. Anyone know?

Sully008
02-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Hello everyone!

Not a MM owner, but a CV owner. Living in the middle of Canada, "Winter"peg. But I know of at least two MM in the city. And a third blue one still on the dealer's lot in Portage la Prairie.

wesman
02-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Have seen a few black ones around lately.

Wes.

de minimus
02-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi all,
I have a black '04 and live in Vancouver. I'm originally from Nova Scotia as you can probably guess by the avatar. I haven't seen many Marauders around Vancouver, though one of the Ford dealers had a real nice silver '04 ....this city is almost all riceburners and SUVs.
Cheers

blkgrape
02-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Hey, I'm located in Kitchener, Ontario and have seen only one other black one around in Guelph area.

Sully008
02-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi all,
I have a black '04 and live in Vancouver. I'm originally from Nova Scotia as you can probably guess by the avatar. I haven't seen many Marauders around Vancouver, though one of the Ford dealers had a real nice silver '04 ....this city is almost all riceburners and SUVs.
Cheers

Same here. Sunday night cruise night used to be full of hot rods and muscle cars. Now it's mostly Honda's and imports. The real cars just park and watch all the coffee can exhausts go by.