PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Nice Marauder w/ good miles

gcgarner
01-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I am ready to buy anytime between now and early September. I am looking for a Silver Birch (1st choice) or Black (2nd choice) Marauder with less than 50k on the clock and in excellent condition. Nothing over $14,000. Black interior is preferable. Mild mods OK (cai, headers, etc ... no superchargers or custom interior/paint/wheels). P.S. I am tired of people telling me that their cars are "perfect" or in "showroom condition" only to drive 8 hours and find crappy body work from previous damage, scratches that won't buff out and holes drilled in the console in order to mount a CB. If you have a car for sale that fits this bill, PM me. I know this is a tall order, but I have plenty of time ... and if the right car doesn't come along, it just wasn't meant to be.

Marauderjack
01-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Sorry....mine is supercharged and has more miles than you are looking for (190,453 to be exact) but it fits the rest of your criteria!! :beer:

These cars are getting enough age on them that you will be hard pressed to find one that is perfect and has low miles for $14K!!??:shake:

Good Luck!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Spectragod
01-01-2009, 03:22 PM
I have a low mile DTR, but I don't think it will fit your bill.....

TAKEDOWN
01-01-2009, 04:49 PM
How about a Dark Blue Pearl, there's 1 for sale here.

gcgarner
01-01-2009, 07:56 PM
These cars are getting enough age on them that you will be hard pressed to find one that is perfect and has low miles for $14K!!??

Nope. They're still out there. I've got time on my side. No need to be in a rush. I know that DBP is rare, but I think it's rare for a reason (not to offend anyone, but it is the ugliest color on a Marauder IMO).

UncleLar
01-01-2009, 08:07 PM
I know of a very nice SB,but it has a light flint interior.4.10 gears installed by Dennis Reinhart and tuned by him with resonator delete tips,probably 20K miles or less right now. But you'd be at least $2500 short of what it's worth. BTW,it was a Florida car until this last winter.

gcgarner
01-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I would be willing to go a little higher if the car was worth it. But I couldn't afford that right now. Maybe closer to summer. The issue is, my wife's car's lease will mature on Sept. 16. I gave her my Yukon XL and I am driving her leased Volvo. The Marauder will be a replacement for the Volvo and, thus, my daily driver. I would actually be smart to wait until July or August to buy, but if the right deal comes along, I'm prepared to snatch it up.

The more I look at SB, the more I think that's the only color for me. There are two NICE ones on Ebay right now ... one in Pennsylvania for $14,500 and one in Sarasota with a $15,500 reserve. I'm willing to wait, though.

DOOM
01-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Hope you find what youre looking for.

sd8683
01-01-2009, 11:59 PM
If I could do it all over again I think I would buy a Silver Birch MM with a sun roof and black interior. I love my black MM but its such a PIA to keep clean!

Aren Jay
01-02-2009, 12:23 AM
.............................. ..

BAD MERC
01-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Mine is a SB with sunroof. 39K miles and some bolt-on goodies. The stereo system will take it out of your price league since it retailed for what you want to spend for just the car. Yes, mine is perfect and garaged with laminated window sticker, complete service manual, dealer brochures and videos and all dealer-included periodicals. You can have it for $35,000. That's the insured value.

gcgarner
01-02-2009, 06:58 AM
BAD MERC, I'm not even going to comment on that. You know that's not what I'm looking for ... was it just an opportunity for you to brag? Sounds like a nice ride, but car audio isn't my priority at all.

Aren Jay ... thanks and I'm going to check that link when I get a chance.

BAD MERC
01-02-2009, 07:31 AM
BAD MERC, I'm not even going to comment on that. You know that's not what I'm looking for ... was it just an opportunity for you to brag? Sounds like a nice ride, but car audio isn't my priority at all.

Aren Jay ... thanks and I'm going to check that link when I get a chance.

I was trying to differentiate the difference between a "nice" one and one obsessed over by a seriously anal owner. I don't have to brag - I have 2 dozen car show trophies and plaques to do that for me. Be patient and look for exactly what you want - it took me 11 months and I got it. I never regretted what I paid.

SC Cheesehead
01-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Nope. They're still out there. I've got time on my side. No need to be in a rush. I know that DBP is rare, but I think it's rare for a reason (not to offend anyone, but it is the ugliest color on a Marauder IMO).

Have you seen one up close, clean and waxed?:rolleyes:

You're right, you don't want a DPB, one of those "unique" black models sounds like the ticket for you.

gcgarner
01-02-2009, 07:38 AM
I don't have to brag - I have 2 dozen car show trophies and plaques to do that for me.

Nice! I am going to have to check out your pics.

I also commend you for being patient and getting exactly what you want. Hopefully I can find the self-restraint to do the same.

Haggis
01-02-2009, 07:39 AM

You're right, you don't want a DPB, one of those "unique" black models sounds like the ticket for you.

What's wrong with 'black' now!!!!! You stuck up 'BLUES' driver!!!!! :neener:

gcgarner
01-02-2009, 07:42 AM

You're right, you don't want a DPB, one of those "unique" black models sounds like the ticket for you.Haha! Like I said, NOT trying to offend anyone. Everyone has their own tastes. I'm sure you car is a beauty. Hopefully I'll be able to see it in person some day and you can change my mind on the DBP. You're only about 2 hrs. from me.

SC Cheesehead
01-02-2009, 07:42 AM
What's wrong with 'black' now!!!!! You stuck up 'BLUES' driver!!!!! :neener:

As we say, "the few, the proud...."

BTW, you get that C4 drive by wire config for the 4x4 conversion sorted out yet?;)

Haggis
01-02-2009, 07:45 AM
As we say, "the few, the proud...."

BTW, you get that C4 drive by wire config for the 4x4 conversion sorted out yet?;)

"the few, the proud.....". What the 'Have another 'Blue Moon'. :lol:

Still working on cutting the roof and 'B' pillar.

SC Cheesehead
01-02-2009, 07:49 AM
"the few, the proud.....". What the 'Have another 'Blue Moon'. :lol:

Still working on cutting the roof and 'B' pillar.

Make sure you document well, and take lotsa pics.

While you're at it, see what you can do about installing a keyless ignition.

I hear this may be the next HOT option on AWD conversions.

Loco1234
01-02-2009, 10:47 AM
wait what are you doing...?
cutting B-pillars... on he marauder...?
Please explain....

BAD MERC
01-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Nice! I am going to have to check out your pics.

I also commend you for being patient and getting exactly what you want. Hopefully I can find the self-restraint to do the same.

Here's some pics - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2267482

O's Fan Rich
01-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Please explain....

Gordon is building a 4x4 Marauder pickup out of Chris' KB car.
The only problem he's having is Chris complaining about having to sell her Fire Hawk to finance the project.

SID210SA
01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
:hijack:

I dont remember seeing a thread on this one....
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/0/6/2/limegreen_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8615&catid=member&imageuser=4062)

Whats the link to this one?

gcgarner
01-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Here's some pics - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2267482

:eek: *drool*

That car is p-e-r-e-f-c-t.

SC Cheesehead
01-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Please explain....
It's a looooong story.

Best told while sitting out in the garage with numerous beers and a bottle to pass around.;)

SC Cheesehead
01-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Haha! Like I said, NOT trying to offend anyone. Everyone has their own tastes. I'm sure you car is a beauty. Hopefully I'll be able to see it in person some day and you can change my mind on the DBP. You're only about 2 hrs. from me.

NBD, as you'll see after hanging around on the site for a while, the DPB guys are used to putting up with crap from the owners of the "ordinary" Marauders.:D

Vortech347
01-06-2009, 10:55 AM
If you get black go over the paint with a fine tooth comb.

bigmerc2003
01-06-2009, 02:00 PM
[quote=SID210SA;699552]:hijack:

I dont remember seeing a thread on this one....
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/0/6/2/limegreen_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=8615&catid=member&imageuser=4062)

Mercy Killing????

Cordoba1
01-11-2009, 08:03 PM
The car in Chicago that UncleLar said he knew of is mine. You can find pictures here:

http://functionbox.org/mercurymarauder/

As UncleLar mentioned, it has DR installed 4.10's, res-delete tips, and DR's tune. The pictures show the Mach spoiler, but UncleLar helped me take it off this summer. UncleLar was also right in mentioning that it would have about 20,000 miles -- He's right -- It's currently in a garage on Chicago's near Northwest side with about 20,500 miles on the clock.

If you find yourself in Chicago, let me know and I'll happily show it to you.

Your price range is about what I would like to get from her. This Spring, I'll have it detailed, get the foggy headlight replaced, and put it up for sale officially. But like I said, if you're in Chicago, drop me a line.

Best!
Adam
adam@functionbox.org

Blackened300a
01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
If you get black go over the paint with a fine tooth comb.

Doing that will scratch the clearcoat off!
:lol:

SC Cheesehead
01-12-2009, 05:16 AM
:laugh:

Doing that will scratch the clearcoat off!
:lol:

Yeah, I think there's a TSB on that.

gcgarner
03-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Bump

I haven't quit looking.

ixlr8
03-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Bump

I haven't quit looking.

I haven't quit selling.

See Link in sig.