PDA

View Full Version : sct x cal 2

burt ragio
01-02-2009, 07:11 AM
I have had an x cal 2 for a few years. It came with a tune for 3:55 & 4:10s. There was never much of any information on how to completely use it to it's fullest capasitiy. I would like to experiment with it but am afraid of either messing up the x cal or downloading something into my car by mistake. I have looked at sct web page & could not find any directions. Can anyone offer some helpfull info ?

Blk Mamba
01-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Come to my house, and we'll experiment on my MM.

burt ragio
01-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the invite what can I bring ?

Blk Mamba
01-02-2009, 07:50 AM
It was a joke, I'm in Ohio, but if you really want to, we have a lot of cruises, during the summer, and you are invited, no need to ever bring anything, but you , and your car.

ckadiddle
01-02-2009, 07:54 AM
I have nothing usefull to add.

SID210SA
01-02-2009, 08:57 AM
How far is Cape Cod from Cleveland?

Richy04
01-02-2009, 09:47 AM
too far

If you have a Lidio tune in there, there is not much you can do. An sct dealer can lock out any tweaking (which Lidio did for good reason). Other tuners may have features turned on in their units so you can tweak some of the settings.

Other than that there is not much to know. Simply scrolling thru the menus will tell you what you have.

I moved up to the Sniper Commando, I can adjust anything now including how long it takes for the lighter to pop out. Just kidding, but it does give you tremendous control over any tune you make or store.

Richy04
01-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Oops,

I reread your post and the answer is rather simple. Guessing you are totally stock with no tune then do this:

With the key off, install the xcal2 into the obdII port under the drivers dash, turn the key to the on position (not start) and the unit will turn on and show you the info screen. Follow the menu prompts to the tunes and pick the one you want, if you have 3.55's the tune will show an octane rating and a gear ratio. (I run the 91/355 tune)

Then install that tune (it will take about 1 minute.) follow the prompts after that and your good to go.

The xcal will store your original tune in itself and upload the chosen tune, it will then lock itself from being used on another vehicle. You can reverse the tune back to original again any time and for as many times as you like, but to use the xcal on another vehicle it must be returned to a stock tune on your car and then hooked up to a computer to DE-Vin it from your vehicle using SCT software. You can then use it 4 more times from there (unless you bought it used) before it will lock out and then it must be returned to be reset by a dealer.

You can use it as many times on your car as you like when its locked to your vin, it will only count down from 5 if you use it on other vehicles.

burt ragio
01-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Trash - thanks for the invite same here.
Richy -The tune I bought in 11/05 is a DR tune. One tune for the 3:55 the other for 4:10s that is downloaded or uploaded some time back when I did the gear change. If I scroll the index timming transmission ect is there any chance I could change by mistake the tune that is now installed ?

HBTMD
01-02-2009, 12:21 PM
I would recommend you give Dennis Reinhart a call. I have always found him to be extremely knowledgeable and generous with his time and advise. :beer:

Richy04
01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Burt,

Always roll back to the stock tune before you make any changes. Then re-upload the changed tune or tune of your choice..

O's Fan Rich
01-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Lidio unlocked mine for me the last time I was up there. That way I can make adjustments for tire size and gear ratios.
I don't really want to do anything else myself.

Maybe Dennis can do the same for yours?

Krytin
01-02-2009, 01:35 PM
If I scroll the index timming transmission ect is there any chance I could change by mistake the tune that is now installed ?
Not unless you initiate/accept a change and then up load it off of the X cal into the EPROM. You have to make a very deliberate effort to make the change.
If it's a DR tune you might not be able to alter the tune at all. Many tuners don't alow access to the tune files for both proprietary and liability concerns.