PDA

View Full Version : An invite to my Flikr photstream

CRUZTAKER
01-03-2009, 04:01 PM
It's really ironic that I was one of the handfull of members here that requested a photography forum and now have absolutely no interest to post here.

Apparently a photography forum within a website dedicated to one brand of car was not such a good idea. Particularly since the opinions of a few inevitably decide what is acceptable by THEIR opinion, and their opinion alone.

I want to invite the handfull of us members that take photography seriously and are creative. Particularly those not shooting a friggin Marauder all day long.

Please visit my flickr photostream and enjoy. I won't post a link, as that may be grounds for an entire thread hard delete. So....once a member, you may search cruztaker, and enjoy thousands of other folks whom post without CENSORSHIP.

I'm done with this forum...and inches from being done with this boring website.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/mercurymarauder/ (http://www.flickr.com/groups/mercurymarauder/)

Ms. Denmark
01-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Took a look on Flickr and really enjoyed your photos. You capture things on film the way I wish I could. Since I know nothing about the censorship issues you speak of I can't comment, except to say I for one would enjoy seeing your work here on this site. There must be room for subjects other than the Marauder?

MM03MOK
01-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Come on, Barry. How about telling the whole story. You know the picture of "flipping the Bird" was over the top, both in the other thread and your avatar. In a Private Message, I politely asked you to remove it, after you had already stated to me, "don't worry...it won't last."

Thank you for being considerate of other Members and removing said photo.

Ms. Denmark
01-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Understood. Thankyou, Mary.

CRUZTAKER
01-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Come on, Barry. How about telling the whole story. You know the picture of "flipping the Bird" was over the top, both in the other thread and your avatar. In a Private Message, I politely asked you to remove it, after you had already stated to me, "don't worry...it won't last."

Thank you for being considerate of other Members and removing said photo.
Oh baa....the offensive gesture was cropped and removed before I even posted.

You and maybe 4 others on this entire site knew who the individual was in the image with the way it was composed.

I stand. I will not post images here period.
And no point in replting as you are officially on MY ignore list.

CRUZTAKER
01-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I guess you win in all catergories.

I guess I'll leave now.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/2/6/wtf.jpg

MM03MOK
01-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Barry, you have a natural talent that I've always admired and appreciated. You're capable of much greater things than such subject matter, which you know full well would raise some eyebrows. You had a very specific intent with that photo and it wasn't to show shallow depth of field, and I called you on it. Sorry, you can't Ignore me. Not sure why you're making such a scene.

Ken
01-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Barry, you have a natural talent that I've always admired and appreciated. .:2thumbs:
You're capable of much greater things than such subject matter, which you know full well would raise some eyebrows. You had a very specific intent with that photo and it wasn't to show shallow depth of field, and I called you on it. Sorry, you can't Ignore me. Not sure why you're making such a scene.Still hung over from New Years Eve? :lol: :dunno:

You've tasted Jessica's chocolate Martini's, can't have just one.

Or didn't he just have a birthday? 43 isn't that bad, Barry; Considering the alternative.:beer:

Ken

bob6364
01-04-2009, 01:04 PM
43 wow that old....:rolleyes:

oldekid
01-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Barry,
I don't know what's going on, but of all people to leave the photo forum, I think you should reconsider.

When I post a pic, you are the one that I expect to see a reply from. You are up front and honest. You have both criticism and suggestions.

This forum was created and supported by people like you. Your advice helps all of us.

Don't let something small destroy what you have to offer others.

You are a Nikon guy, but I still respect you. :rolleyes:

Stay with us Barry.
:beer:

FastMerc
01-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Barry was having fun thought the pic was original and funny,I knew it wouldnt be there long . But it is a free country still I think,well the govt. doesnt owne the auto industry yet!I may not say much but I do see what goes on in this site :D Some is funny and very true and some cant handle it,and yes some is ucalled for depending on IQs. My 2 cents :P

CRUZTAKER
01-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Let's get it started.

The CVN guys have one!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/mercurymarauder/

Aren Jay
01-06-2009, 10:18 PM
.............................. ...

hot-rauder
01-06-2009, 10:33 PM
IM probably on Barry's list, as I was previously....

But I will truely miss your pics and knowledge of photography in general Barry. Although I do not have a massive interest in photography, I have looked and listened to all of your comments on whit balance and what not, and applied them to my pictures, no matter how useless they are lol.

Hope you will stay around!