PDA

View Full Version : ...and so the sun set on Marauderville. For now...

Logan
09-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Wow. Holy Cow. Phew! Incredible!

All words that come to mind to describe the past 3 days. I was so busy I didn't even have a chance to log onto the site!! Fortunately, my trusty sidekick and others did that duty for me, for which I'm grateful.

Marauderville concluded this afternoon with a total of 63 cars registered and well over 100 attendee's.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=511/1DSC01180-med.jpg

I could type forever on what an awesome experience it was, but I'll let the individuals tell their stories which I'm sure are to come as folks start arriving home.

MANY MANY thanks to the folks who helped make the show a reality, especially Bob & Jean. Without these two, I gaurantee you, it wouldn't have even happened. Mary was also instrumental in making sure everything went off without a hitch and was our right hand lady for the entire event, dropping everything at the drop of a hat to help us out, for which I'm eternally grateful.

It was awesome to see and drive :D the Reinhart, Trilogy and Kenny Brown cars, and I HIGHLY recommend the experience. Lesson here: If someone offers you keys to a Supercharged marauder. Don't speak. Just take them, get giddy, and put the right foot to the floor!! ...but you should really refrain from getting stopped by the fuzz and try and return it with fuel left in it!! :D

We had tremendous response from all our vendors, including a major sponsor in the Texas Area Lincoln Mercury Dealers Association. Sonny Morgan and the rest of the Texas dealers, we couldn't of possibly done what we did without them and we're grateful for the support beyond words!

Jerry, Dennis, Lidio, Kenny & Carrie Brown, Bill Alexander & George Klass of Fun Ford Events and Sonny Morgan of John Eagle Lincoln Mercury all deserve a round of virtual applause for the support of the Marauder community!

Also a very special thank you to Steve Babcock of Mercury and his wife for taking time out of his own life to come all the way down here to hang out with us. What a great guy. Mercury Brand managers rarely get to put on a set of tights and be a super hero to a group of folks and I know he was tickled pink with the reception he received. Many thanks to him and other at Ford & Mercury who helped make the car a reality!

In closing, I KNOW everyone had a good time, and Bob, Jean, Mary and myself all did too! So from us to you, we'll see ya at the 2nd Annual meet next year!!!

Long Live #3
09-21-2003, 07:01 PM
I would like to thank you all for toasting to me and Emmie this weekend. You guys are truly hero's in my book. Once again, thank you. Even you Logan, thank you.

drobin
09-21-2003, 08:38 PM
Wife and I just back from 3 day Marauderville trip and we are not able to talk about anything else but what a great time we had and how nice it was to finally meet the wonderful group of members that I've been associated thru this site since I became a member back in August of 2002. The event was an experience that I shall never forget and to behold all the Marauders at one time was breath taking. Thanks to all who made this event a great success and we look forward to the next one.

drobin

Mad1
09-21-2003, 09:18 PM
There are too many people to thank all of you properly, but I was amazed at how special this weekend was for me.
Meeting everyone was incredible and something I won't forget. And I guarantee that no one will want to miss out on next year after hearing about all the fun we had in Ennis.

I can't wait to hear how the tent works out for FordNut! (Maybe you can paint it orange for the next Tennessee game.)

Safe driving to all on their ways home. (I spent the last 10 hours driving back to Nashville in the rain ... maybe I should have taken a kayak instead of my MM? Nah!)

Jeremy
Mad1

CRUZTAKER
09-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Too much fun, so little time........

Dennis Reinhart
09-22-2003, 07:15 PM
Bob and Jean are the true unsung hereos here, they need a additional award for there patients and every thing they have done above and beyond the call of duty, there attention to detail made the event a work of genius

Jerry Barnes
09-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Folks,

I am back home and all we can talk about was the great time we had this last weekend. I share all of the tahnks that I have read so far to truely great people.

Bob and Jean are miracle workers and I vote them organizers for next year, what does everyone else think? And some of the best people on the planet!!!! I am sincerely proud to call them my friends!

Logan, congratulations on creating such a great device for all of us to stay connected. I don't know what we would do without it! And I am glad we could finally meet and become good friends. If there is anything we can do to assist you in continuing to build on your hughly successful site, please let us know!

Steve Babcock has created a monster!!!! I want to thank him for his support and friendship these last couple of years. Without his passion for the Marauder, all of us would be driving Taurus's with fancy mud flaps! Steve, please don't give up your commitment for the car and its followers!!!

Lidio has taken our development work from digital to reality. He is a genius, a friend and a great business partner. This guy can turn a nice car into a screamer. And everytime I am hard on the gas, which is a lot these days, I think of Lidio saying I can get another 20 hp if we do this. I am addicted and there is no cure!!!I look forward to many more years of friendship and projects together.

My staff of super people who make me look much better then I could ever do on my own. They are passionate like Steve, they are fun to work with, they are committed to their work and most of all they put up with me! I can't thank them enough for making all of this possible.

To all of the friends I have made on the trip, see you very soon!

LincMercLover
09-23-2003, 06:22 PM
You know, I don't think I saw this face once this weekend...

http://www.mercurycougar.net/gallery/data/524/1logan-med.jpg?2279

:lol:

TAF
09-23-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
You know, I don't think I saw this face once this weekend...

I did...it was on the Manager of the Waffle House...who gave us permission (thanks to Marty) to wash THREE cars....and 23 showed up. :lol::lol::lol:

LincMercLover
09-23-2003, 06:28 PM
I was gunna say something, but Marty just kept waving everyone in... ;)

bnrparker
09-23-2003, 07:00 PM
We've been back from Ennis since Sunday night and I still can't stop telling everyone I know what a GREAT time we had and how many awsome people we met. We are already planning for next year!!
We would like to thank everyone that made last weekend possible and offer assistance if need for future events.

Renee

JET
09-23-2003, 07:39 PM
I had a great time and it was great to meet all of you. Everyone thought I was I was crazy to go to Texas to meet some strangers the internet and talk about a car. We'll you all proved them wrong. It was agreat bunch of people and I looking forward to seeing you all again.

John T

Fast4Door
09-23-2003, 08:08 PM
I still can't believe what a great time I had!

I was really fortunate to hook up with Dave (MI2QWK4U), geno (Detgeno), Lidio, Jerry Barnes and Ben from Trilogy and Jerry's two kids. I was originally going to make the trip solo. Having a great group like this to drive with turned the trip from a long drive and short vacation into a full 5 day vacation!

Can't wait until next year!

stanchfi
09-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everybody for the event. It was great to meet some of you and Steve's talk gave me plenty of good information for the book

James

TooManyFords
09-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Finally got time to read the forum and thank everyone for the great time in Ennis!

>THANKS!<

BCKNBLK
09-25-2003, 08:55 AM
I'm hooked.

What an awesome weekend. Marauders and FFW was a hit combination. Can't wait for the next one. Thanks to Bob and
everyone for an excellent experience.

Dr Caleb
09-25-2003, 09:56 AM
I wish I could have gone. It sounds like a really unique experience, but alas, I took my yearly fishing trip to Halifax before I even discovered this site.

I hope there will be another FFW next year, as I'm already saving for it and a supercharger :)

Mark [N4OGL]
09-25-2003, 10:31 AM
I can't tell you what a great time I had at Ennis, even if I didn't get track time.

Perhaps for me, the most special time was when the car broke, and I had such support from the MM.net members that my stress levbel went way down. Special thanks to BigDogJim, TAF, Logan, Mac, Zack, Dennis, Dave and Carrie (at Kenny Brown) and all you others who helped me get by.

And a big thanks to Bob and Jean Mathis - it couldn't have happened without you, and you are heroes in my book.

Mark

Bigdogjim
09-25-2003, 10:48 AM
...and so the sun set on Marauderville. For now...

I think we are going to see the dawn of new and more exciteing era then any one every hope for or dream of!:)

Marauderville was only the beginning!

With Mark [N4OGL] arriving home that accounts for all Marauders!

Just a BIG THANK YOU to all that worked so hard to make the meet a huge hit!:)

Now its on to Hershey, Pa.;) :D :D

It was more than worth the 1675 miles I drove to get there.
There were :) every mile.

God bless all.

TAF
09-25-2003, 11:05 AM
Mark,

Glad your home. Enjoyed meeting and spending time with you, as well.

And your car looks GREAT! I still LOVE that silver!

drobin
09-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Mark, did you get tired of playing the Metallica CD??

drobin

Logan
09-25-2003, 12:31 PM
Get tired of Metallica? I didn't think that was even possible?

Long Live #3
09-25-2003, 01:16 PM
I love Metallica!

Hemlock
09-25-2003, 02:39 PM
REALLY HAD A GREAT TIME , ENJOYED EVERYTHING AND EVERBODY . LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING ALL "YA" NEXT YEAR . CHEERS!! HEMLOCK.

SILVERMARAUDER
09-26-2003, 08:41 AM
looked like a lot of fun would love to have gone!!! maybe we can do one close to GA soon i can help arrange as much as i can!

Racerx88
09-26-2003, 08:49 AM
There's talk of doing it in Bristol, TN next year...................