PDA

View Full Version : Another satisfied customer!

ik04
09-21-2003, 11:10 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

WOW! I finally have the car I wanted!
The low speed throttle response, shift points/speeds and obvious rear wheel torque increase are well worth the change to the new EEC program!

Thanks, Dennis for getting me on the right track (no pun intended) toward modding my screaming silver beast...

I'll put the plugs in tomorrow. The 'stat might go in the same day- we'll see.

I'm still getting used to the "firm" shifts (I love 'em).

Flashing the EEC or installing a Reinhart chip is an absolute must in order to get the minimum desired performance from this awesome car. No more granny shifts for me!

I have pics of Dennis working in my car at Marauderville and I have Geno as a witness to the improvements (he drove my car).

I figured I would make notes of the changes I want in the program and live with the rest, but so far I am convinced the CRD1 program from Dennis is near perfect.

Short of the big cash commitment for a SC kit, I'm looking forward to many naturally aspirated mods.

What a great ride! Thanks again, Dennis.

Kevin

martyo
09-22-2003, 04:13 AM
All you gotta do is look at my ET's from Friday and Saturday (14.1's and 14.2's all day long on Friday and Saturday at Ennis) to know that Dennis's set up and assistance makes the most sense.

Imagine, I have never been down the 'strip before. I roll up and blast down the 'strip. And, a 14.2 time. Not bad, eh?

Thanks Dennis!

Smokie
09-22-2003, 06:56 AM
Martyo What I find truly impressive about your times is that you are so close to having a 13.xx second car and your mods. are all external bolt-on's. Did you loose any traction during your runs ???? :bows: :bows:

RCSignals
09-22-2003, 09:51 PM
If marty would just take off his dice valve stem caps at the track he would be a 13.xx car :)

martyo
09-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Smokie
Martyo What I find truly impressive about your times is that you are so close to having a 13.xx second car and your mods. are all external bolt-on's. Did you loose any traction during your runs ???? :bows: :bows:

Not really. A light burn out without passing through the water box (thanks again for the tip Lance!) and up to the line. Left hard on the last yellow and off I went....No real tire spin despite the PI torque converter. I did bark the tires once or twice when I was in the right lane (which I found was wetter).

Originally posted by RCSignals
If marty would just take off his dice valve stem caps at the track he would be a 13.xx car

Duncan: I just can't do that. Dice are a way of life for me....

SergntMac
09-23-2003, 06:30 AM
This consistency in ETs is remarkable, and valuable. Should Marty "the Mongoose" want to turn pro, this is one way to build your 1/4 mile skill. Keep driving the 14.1/14.2 bracket until your driving skill can't get any more performance of of your MM, then consider your next mod to lower times. Remember though, the faster you get, the harder it is to squeak out better times. You're not going to see consistent sub 14.0 times without another serious mod. Nitrous? Maybe. Supercharger? Oh yeah baby...

cyclone03
09-23-2003, 03:17 PM
I was going to start a new thread but I'll just jump on this one.
After 1230pm Sunday at Marauderville I'm no longer "stock tell I die".
Dennis reflashed my computer with the program that should have been installed at the factory!
Stock 3.55 in the rear.
Shifts feel good.
The amazing thing is on the way home I got the best milage my car has ever gotten.24.80mpg.This was in "normal" IH35 south bound traffic. 60-80mph.
The plugs are in.
The t-stat goes in on the weekend.
I also reinstalled my underdrive pulleys,the idle came up to about 900 with the reflash so the battery voltage is not an issue.

I'm going to call this Reinhart Stage .7.

martyo
09-23-2003, 03:55 PM
Lance: You mean to tell me that I "let" you work on my car and you haven't even gone with teh Stage 1 yet? Whatever was I thinking????

:lol:

cyclone03
09-24-2003, 06:08 AM
"Those who can,Do.Those who can't,teach."

Thuth is I had the pulleys on and off and now back on to stay 3 times.So it was "been there done that" for me.

But I'm now at RPP stage .7.LOL

pete
09-25-2003, 10:09 AM
I just purchased the Stage 1 for my 300a.

Has anyone tried removing the cats off of the stock exhaust, and what would be involved for this simple gain of hp?