PDA

View Full Version : New member here

RAGTOPJAMES
01-16-2009, 01:00 PM
I've been thinking about parting with my S/C 92 Mustang and getting a Marauder . I've never ridden in one so here's my questions : 1 - How do they ride in comparison to say a normal Crown Vic ? 2 - What should I expect a " stock " one to run in the 1/8th and the 1/4 mile ? 3 - Stock MPG ? Thanks

Blackened300a
01-16-2009, 01:06 PM
I've been thinking about parting with my S/C 92 Mustang and getting a Marauder . I've never ridden in one so here's my questions : 1 - How do they ride in comparison to say a normal Crown Vic ? 2 - What should I expect a " stock " one to run in the 1/8th and the 1/4 mile ? 3 - Stock MPG ? Thanks

Welcome to the site.

Marauders have a more performance suspension so the ride is a bit more harsher over the crown vic. In the 1/4 we have seen from high 15's to mid 14's stock. Each one is different. MPG is around 15-18 city and 23-26 highway. These are the MPG's I was pulling when my car was stock.
I also have a 99 crown vic and the ride is definitely different from the Marauder.

RAGTOPJAMES
01-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the info . :)

ckadiddle
01-16-2009, 03:08 PM
A stock Marauder rides a little stiffer than a stock CrownVic, but not a lot stiffer. Steering is more connected and less mooshy. The tradeoff is that the Marauder does not wallow quite as badly in turns and is a heck of a lot more fun to drive, even in pure stock form.

Bluerauder
01-16-2009, 03:15 PM
A stock Marauder rides a little stiffer than a stock CrownVic, but not a lot stiffer. Steering is more connected and less mooshy. The tradeoff is that the Marauder does not wallow quite as badly in turns and is a heck of a lot more fun to drive, even in pure stock form.
I think that the Marauder is much stiffer than either the Crown Vic or the Grand Marquis. Gives a much better "feel" for the road IMHO. The MM has alot less body roll too. It holds turns well in stock form ...but is much better with the links and control arms.

jgc61sr2002
01-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the MM site.:D

TAKEDOWN
01-16-2009, 09:56 PM
I say keep the Mustang and get a Marauder. Hell, have your cake and eat it too!

a_d_a_m
01-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Steering is more connected and less mooshy.
if you can believe this:
i actually prefer the steering feel on my '02 MGM over the '03 MM steering...

Bluerauder
01-17-2009, 07:04 AM
if you can believe this:
i actually prefer the steering feel on my '02 MGM over the '03 MM steering...
Must be a matter of personal preference as to the "feel" of the steering. I get to drive alot of different rental cars and have a preference for the MGM when I can get it. I like the familiarity of the MGM set-up; but the handling isn't nearly as responsive as my MM -- IMHO. That's my preference.

Ms. Denmark
01-17-2009, 11:09 AM
The difference is night and day between my ex Crown Vic and my Marauder. Like my friend Big Dog says, "You can't take the off ramps at 65 (unless you're in the Marauder.)" I love the steering and agree wholeheartedly with what Charlie said. :burnout:

BODYMAN
01-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Welcome aboard looks like they have answred youre question get a Marauder and you wont be dissapointed!!!!!!!

rumble
01-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Think of a Marauder as a longer wheel base 4 door Mustang.

Stock 1/4 mile is high 14's low 15's. With one modification, a Trilogy,
(or most any other supercharger) you're looking at low 13's to high 12's.

Copious amounts of money will get you in the 11's, more money still and
you can have a 10 second rocket sled.

Pick your poison.