PDA

View Full Version : XCal2 and LL3 files

Ross
01-17-2009, 10:48 AM
I have had an XCal2 with a couple of tunes in it for awhile now. I wanted to try something different so Zack kindly sent me a couple of new tunes by email. I have them on my computer but the computer won't open ll3 files. I have looked all over the internet to find a program which will allow me to open the files and install them on my Xcal, but no luck.
I know that I am pretty computer illiterate, but it seems like this should be fairly simple.
Help?

1stMerc
01-17-2009, 11:22 AM
You have to go to http://sctflash.com site and download and install LiveLoad in order to use .ll3 files.

Ross
01-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Been there, done that. Jesse at SCT has even emailed me a link to the exact program I'm supposed to download, but every time I try to download it, I get an error message that I'm not allowed to access that download. Happens on both my home and my work computer, so I don't think it's an issue with just my computer.

ITLRUN
01-20-2009, 12:44 PM
You say, you've had your X Cal-2 for a while now. How long, is a while? Have you updated, the firmware in your X Cal-2? If not, go to sctflash.com and do so that could be your whole problem, Mike.:run:

Ross
01-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I haven't updated anything in the XCal itself, but it's the program on the computer that's giving me problems. Even if I update the XCal, I still have to download a ll3 program to my computer in order to open the new tuning file. And that's the problem, I can't get a ll3 file to open.

Blown3.8
01-20-2009, 02:21 PM
You won't be able to open the ll3 file. you will just use the live load software to transfer the ll3 on the computer from email to your xcal.

High-C
01-20-2009, 03:21 PM
You won't be able to open the ll3 file. you will just use the live load software to transfer the ll3 on the computer from email to your xcal.

I need you to show me this sometime soon... :help:

crouse
01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
The early XCal 2's used the older .xtr file types and could be modified using SCT's free Extreme Tune program. Newer XCal 2's now use the .LL3 file types and SCT no longer offers a free program to make minor changes. If you have an older XCal 2, you can upgrade it to accept the newer .LL3 files. I believe that with the upgrade, you have the ability to make minor changes directly from the tuner itself such as axle ratio, rev limiter, tire size, idle RPM etc.

Ross
01-20-2009, 04:08 PM
As usual, I get stuck with a piece of equipment that is pretty near useless to me. Gotta be a damn computer nerd to figure out how to use it.

Vortech347
01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
I would contact Zack, if he provided the tunes he should support them, including installation.

Dennis Reinhart
01-20-2009, 06:31 PM
You can call me and I will walk you through this on the phone.