PDA

View Full Version : Panther meeting in March

Ryans PI
01-20-2009, 10:31 PM
All the info can be found in the link below from the Crown Vic site.

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1658183#Post1658183

Anyone interested can post either there or here for a head count.

CharlesRosenow
01-20-2009, 11:04 PM
I think it would be great if we can also get the guys with the SSP Mustangs to come too. How would we get ahold of them?

A98CVLX
01-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Ill be there, Is lunch on Charles? Sence he invited us.:beer:

CharlesRosenow
01-21-2009, 08:40 PM
haha... NO. I only buy for my wife. kthxbai

A98CVLX
01-21-2009, 10:13 PM
haha... NO. I only buy for my wife. kthxbai

Well I tried!:D

Ryans PI
01-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Where has everyone gone? I can't believe it's this dead here.

:confused:

Taemian
01-30-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm not sure that MMs and CVs mix well. The CV guys would mostlikely be telling us how cool our cars would be if we'd only mount a pushbar and some pillar spotlights.

After entering many car shows/events with my MM over the last year, I can say I've never met a Marauder whacker yet. I've met more than a few (the majority actually)CVPI whackers at those same shows. The difference lies in one group saying "It's an ex-High Commander's car, driven only to SWAT raids and bomb threats!" and the other group being more interested in a collectable high performance, limited edition car.

Neither is right or wrong, just a personal choice. The day I actually meet a guy who owns a CV that never mentions it's law enforcement history, and actually ponies up the $$ to make his ride perform (and I don't mean fake antennas, Silverstars, laser-cut floormats, and custom center consoles) I'll look forward to cruising with him and hitting the drag strip whenever we go.

And I never remember you piping in about any of the 3 events we set up last year for MMs?! Anytime you want to come to Mission Raceway, let us know. Same goes for car shows. I know there are some mean CVs out there; I hope to share some roadway with them soon.

Siege
01-30-2009, 03:43 AM
I'm not sure that MMs and CVs mix well. The CV guys would mostlikely be telling us how cool our cars would be if we'd only mount a pushbar and some pillar spotlights.

After entering many car shows/events with my MM over the last year, I can say I've never met a Marauder whacker yet. I've met more than a few (the majority actually)CVPI whackers at those same shows. The difference lies in one group saying "It's an ex-High Commander's car, driven only to SWAT raids and bomb threats!" and the other group being more interested in a collectable high performance, limited edition car.

Neither is right or wrong, just a personal choice. The day I actually meet a guy who owns a CV that never mentions it's law enforcement history, and actually ponies up the $$ to make his ride perform (and I don't mean fake antennas, Silverstars, laser-cut floormats, and custom center consoles) I'll look forward to cruising with him and hitting the drag strip whenever we go.

And I never remember you piping in about any of the 3 events we set up last year for MMs?! Anytime you want to come to Mission Raceway, let us know. Same goes for car shows. I know there are some mean CVs out there; I hope to share some roadway with them soon.
Making broad generalizations about a community of enthusiasts based solely on your limited interaction with them displays extreme ignorance.

Everyone in the CV community has encountered wackers; it comes with having a car used for fleet duty. However, this irritating subgroup does not define the community as a whole.

If you don't want to attend a Panther-platform meet with your Panther-platform car then don't but there's no need to insult an entire community because a few negative experiences you've had.

Ryans PI
01-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Wow dude, chill out.

We are nothing like the "meets" you have. We all gather around and have a great time, no matter what we drive. It's not just about the cars you know. Not only have I attented local meets in the past, I've helped organize them or get the idea going. Half the time we get together, cars are not even brought up. I've never seen you attend any of our meets we've had in the past. Sounds like if it's not on a dragstrip with an "in your face" attitude, you won't be seen. Ego is everything to you.

If you haven't seen a Marauder "whacker" than you must not be on the board much. I've seen many MM owners with pushbars and lights.

Taemian
01-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey guys, like I said in my post, if it doesn't apply to you, great. Sorry that you missed that whole part of the post. Maybe re-read it again and see exactly what I said.

Funny, I also thought I just read a new thread here from a CVnet guy who came over here to specifically raise some stupid arguments. (Can't figure out where I get my stereotypes from?) And my "ignorance" comes from all the real world experience I've had over 18 months worth of meets and shows. How else am I to make my opinions and generalizations? Guess or just listen to what other people say? Now THAT would be ignorant.

As I said in my post the first time, if those generalizations don't apply to you, atta boy! Let's cruise, race, meet, whatever. Wow, seems you guys have a raw nerve and read only what you wanted to read.

BTW I've yet to see a MM on hamsexy.com

A98CVLX
01-31-2009, 01:17 AM
Wow dude, chill out.

We are nothing like the "meets" you have. We all gather around and have a great time, no matter what we drive. It's not just about the cars you know. Not only have I attented local meets in the past, I've helped organize them or get the idea going. Half the time we get together, cars are not even brought up. I've never seen you attend any of our meets we've had in the past. Sounds like if it's not on a dragstrip with an "in your face" attitude, you won't be seen. Ego is everything to you.

If you haven't seen a Marauder "whacker" than you must not be on the board much. I've seen many MM owners with pushbars and lights.

I agree with Ryans PI and Darkyne 100%. I also find Taemian's long speech assuming all CV are old police cars wrong, Mine is Not It is a Normal LX (Grandmas Grocery Getter) Never was in service,No Spotlight or Push Bars, Yes some people were wackers at times but People and Times can changed. Sounds like you have made a call based on single factor [Influence],

I keep a very open mind about MM ownes and respect what they have to say about there MM, I feel the same should be showen to us CV people. Hope to see both MM and CV people there even Stang people too heck anybody welcome.

Thanks to Charles for picking a time & place!:banana:

freakstatus
01-31-2009, 01:33 AM
Is Taemian causing trouble here? I'll handle this.... (slowly walking him out of the room).

Taemian
01-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow.

You cupcakes still need to learn to read. If it doesn't apply to you, GREAT! Let's cruise/race/show and shine, whatever. I said that in the initial post. If you have a plexiglass divider in your daily driver, stay the hell away from me.

Is that so hard to understand?

Taemian
01-31-2009, 12:14 PM
I agree with Ryans PI and Darkyne 100%. I also find Taemian's long speech assuming all CV are old police cars wrong, Mine is Not It is a Normal LX (Grandmas Grocery Getter) Never was in service,No Spotlight or Push Bars, Yes some people were wackers at times but People and Times can changed.

I keep a very open mind about MM ownes and respect what they have to say about there MM, I feel the same should be showen to us CV people. Hope to see both MM and CV people there even Stang people too heck anybody welcome.

Thanks to Charles for picking a time & place!:banana:

Glad to hear that you agree with your friends. Glad to hear your car was never in service, and that you like it for what it IS, not what is WAS. Glad to hear you haven't added fake police paraphernalia.

Sounds like you have made a call based on single factor [Influence],

Actually, real life experience over a year and a half of meets and shows was the factor. (as I've mentioned twice now) How can "influence" be the factor??

Feel free to keep reading only the parts you want to read, I'll keep correcting you.

Summary: If yu like your Panther, great! Let's hang. If you are a whacker, get lost. If you're not a whacker, this shouldn't offend you.

Taemian
01-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Is Taemian causing trouble here? I'll handle this.... (slowly walking him out of the room).

Remember the Langley Cruise In?

CharlesRosenow
01-31-2009, 12:57 PM
This is not what I set up the meet for. To piss and moan over other peoples cars. If they happen to have an ex cop car, so what. Its still a panther platform vehicle. You dont want the vics near you, simple, dont show up. I set this up to have a gathering of friends with common interests. NOT to bash on other peoples cars. I happen to own a 1989 Ford Crown Victoria that is an ex cop car, but I dont parade my car as better or worse than anyone elses'.

Taemian
01-31-2009, 03:37 PM
This is not what I set up the meet for. To piss and moan over other peoples cars. If they happen to have an ex cop car, so what. Its still a panther platform vehicle. You dont want the vics near you, simple, dont show up. I set this up to have a gathering of friends with common interests. NOT to bash on other peoples cars. I happen to own a 1989 Ford Crown Victoria that is an ex cop car, but I dont parade my car as better or worse than anyone elses'.

Do you parade your Panther around as a ex-cop car, or as a Crown Victoria? That is and was my only question. By god people, learn how to read!

Incidentally, I drove P71s for years on duty, and personally as well. I loved them. I've owned or been assigned the following year CVs or CVPIs: 1987, 1990 (armoured), 1996, 2000 and 2001. Why do you think I bought the Marauder? I wish every CV was built to MM specs, but they aren't, so I upgraded. Should I be ashamed because it's better?

And before you start fussing, answer me this: If you were offered the choice a FREE brand new car in 2004, and the choice was either a CVPI or a Marauder, which would you have picked? (BTW, one answer makes you honest, the other answer makes you a moron or a liar.)

Is a Shelby GT 500 better than a Bullit? Is a Bullit better than a GT? Is a GT better than a V6? You'll have to admit there are various "trim" levels in every platform.

I'll never bash someone for owning a Crown Vic. I never have. I'll bash everyone who adds police gear to his civilian CV if he isn't legally allowed to operate it. If that offends you, feel free to put me on your ignore list.

Guys who have the "mean Vics" I mentioned in my initial post will not feel threatened by anything I've said. They are some of the first to go racing, attend a show and shine, or meet up for a cruise. I'm hoping to finally meet some of them since my real world experiences so far with CV owners in both countries has been.....less than stellar.

So stop whining and prove me wrong. Arrange a wildly successful meet of Panther cars without CV police wannabes, set up a great cruise where nobody flashes their strobes or yelps their sirens, organize a car show where people talk about Panther performance mods and tips etc etc.
Those would be events to be proud of, and any CV/GM/MM owner would love to attend.

Either that, or get the whackers together and talk about last night's episode of Cops while you glare menacingly at passing traffic.

freakstatus
01-31-2009, 03:57 PM
One of the best looking Crown Vics I've ever seen.....

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/p144331_large1999_ford_crown_v ictor.jpg

Ryans PI
01-31-2009, 04:07 PM
I can understanding where you're coming from. It can get old real quick. I do not tell every single person I talk to what kind of car I have. If they ask, I simply say Crown Victoria. If they ask if it was a police car, I'll tell them. I do not make it a point to tell everyone. No need to brag about it.

If it where a choice of a new Vic VS. a MM, it would be a SB MM hands down. Silver is my favorite color on MMs. But because I can not afford one right now, I went with the CV. And a PI because they're dirt cheap. I picked up my current one straight from auction for just over $3K. I would like to get a civilan model LX Sport in either SB or DTR, but they almost do not exist locally. Panthers are great cars and prove to be reliable and very safe. Why do you think I've owned two? I enjoy the comfort and low maintanence. I enjoy ALL Panthers, not just one style.

Taemian
01-31-2009, 05:10 PM
I can understanding where you're coming from. It can get old real quick. I do not tell every single person I talk to what kind of car I have. If they ask, I simply say Crown Victoria. If they ask if it was a police car, I'll tell them. I do not make it a point to tell everyone. No need to brag about it.

If it where a choice of a new Vic VS. a MM, it would be a SB MM hands down. Silver is my favorite color on MMs. But because I can not afford one right now, I went with the CV. And a PI because they're dirt cheap. I picked up my current one straight from auction for just over $3K. I would like to get a civilan model LX Sport in either SB or DTR, but they almost do not exist locally. Panthers are great cars and prove to be reliable and very safe. Why do you think I've owned two? I enjoy the comfort and low maintanence. I enjoy ALL Panthers, not just one style.

Thank you, you've answered the very question I alluded to in my posts. You are most certainly not a whacker, and that's nice to know!

Your CV purchase was a good choice. Bang for the buck, it's certainly the way to go. You could make a 2 Valve just as fast as a 4 Valve for far less investment. Even if you have to have a few more mods, your starting costs were dirt cheap which leaves major $$ for mods. My MM was $24.5K with 9156 miles on it. After adding the Trilogy, headers/cats, CAI...yikes!

A $3K CV could get a Paxton/Vortech, a new forged crate engine, with a big brake kit, Addco sway bars, Metco control arms, and Naake coil overs. Add a kickin' sound system, and you've just about reached the price I paid for my car in stock trim, with no mods. THAT is the kind of ride I'd love to see at a Panther meet.

On the flipside, there is an specialty status that the MM has. (Like SVO/SVT/SHO) You cannot upgrade to that, either the car is or isn't. I've kept my original parts so that it could be returned to stock form should the need arise, but I can't imagine ever selling it.

Even most car guys don't know what the MM is, I'm not about the marquee. It's not like I'm going on about my: Shelby/Saleen/Roush/AMG/Alpina/Dinan etc.
Cosmetically my car is stock, and I keep it that way on purpose. I'm not about standing out. If I wanted to be "in your face" like somebody said, I'd have bought a Cobra and modded it, and it would be much faster for the same cost.

I agree with you about the reliability and safety issues, but you can get that in a Volvo. I really like the look of the 98+ Panthers, MM especially, and that's half the reason I bought it. The other half was the performance side of things.

To those of you with quick trigger fingers, please read the posts entirely before you pull the trigger on your replies. You'll see I never slagged anyone but wannabes and whackers, which makes me wonder why you got all up in arms.

Taemian
01-31-2009, 05:13 PM
One of the best look Crown Vics I've ever seen.....

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/p144331_large1999_ford_crown_v ictor.jpg
The Lounge Lizard lives! That's one of my favourite photos. If I had a Black, I'd go for that look. And add the old orange-insert taillights and I'd call it a day.

freakstatus
01-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Ian, didn't your Marauder come with the special Police Package installed?:)

Taemian
01-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Ian, didn't your Marauder come with the special Police Package installed?:)

Shush you, dammit! I was saving that part for the next meet!

BTW, I think your current wheels are HAWT. Keep 'em on as long as you can. Chick magnets with a capital M!

Seriously though, aren't we supposed to do some maintenance on your beast? Or did you do it after our dyno day?

teamrope
02-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Don't make me push the button......

Ryans PI
02-19-2009, 07:52 PM
BJ, where is everyone?

teamrope
02-19-2009, 11:33 PM
I have no idea. I was in Cali for a couple of weeks.

A98CVLX
03-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Who is comming to the Meet Sat? I think Rosenow Is not going to make it.