PDA

View Full Version : Transmission programing

32V MERC
01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I know this has probably already been answered a thousand times but, what is the best way to reprogram/change the shift points and t/c lockup points. Is this easily done with a hand held programer, and if so what brand, or should it be done by a professional. The big problem for my taste is the t/c locks immediately at the 2-3 shift unless the throttle is pressed 75% or more. Would like to possibly change it to lock only when OD applies. My car is totally stock but would like to eventually "trilogize" it.

Darrin
01-22-2009, 06:08 AM
The best way to reprogram is to find a good tuner who uses SCT software. On this site Dennis Reinhart, Lidio and I are all tuners who use SCT software and can help you with your needs.

I specify SCT software only because no other company gives us as much control over the functions on these cars.

Darrin

32V MERC
01-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the info Darrin. Is it possible to purcase a SCT handheld from you guys with a shift program already installed or is each car a unique tune? Or is this something better done with a laptop and SCT software. What is the cost of these programmers? I would like to do this myself if possible for the experience and of course to save some money. I do have quite a bit of electronic and mechanical experience but need some professional guidance. The marauder is my second baby (04 DTR with 12k miles) my first is a S/C 93 Cobra that I did all the work on my self but the tune which was done by Randy Haywood. Thanks again for the help.

Darrin
01-23-2009, 06:41 AM
If you want to give me a call at 317-514-0816 I can help you out. Or, you can call Dennis at 904-276-5003 or Lidio at 586-949-7505.

Any of us can help get you what you need.

Darrin