PDA

View Full Version : Need ONE back tire!

Rocket Man
01-22-2009, 01:33 PM
WTB one new BFG 245/55-18 for my MM. I have found one, and need one more to run a matched set on the rear of my 2003 300A. If anyone can part with one of these discontinued tires for a reasonable price, I'd be most appreciative. My understanding is that BFG will do another run in May or June, but I desperately need one now.

:confused::confused:Rocket Man
Keller, TX

SC Cheesehead
01-22-2009, 02:12 PM
WTB one new BFG 245/55-18 for my MM. I have found one, and need one more to run a matched set on the rear of my 2003 300A. If anyone can part with one of these discontinued tires for a reasonable price, I'd be most appreciative. My understanding is that BFG will do another run in May or June, but I desperately need one now.

:confused::confused:Rocket Man
Keller, TX

Good luck with your serch. You may want to mothball the BFG and go with a matched set of aftermarket 255/55/18's.

Rocket Man
01-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Thank you...I would go with the after-markets except I've still got great tread (less than 5k miles) on all three remaining tires.

SC Cheesehead
01-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Thank you...I would go with the after-markets except I've still got great tread (less than 5k miles) on all three remaining tires.

Are you running OEM's up front? If so, shouldn't be any problem mixing aftermarket rears with the OEM fronts, lots of us do.

How's you spare? Could you swap it out for the good rear and go with new 255/55/18's on the back? Just a thought.

Spectragod
01-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I have One like new rear tire, less than 1K on it(replace due to 3/8 bolt). I'm getting ready to have the rear wheels widened and am going to pull the tires off. Let me know if your still needing one.

Rocket Man
01-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Yes, I'm interested...please send particulars (and perhaps a picture?) to me at dhmaxeffort@verizon.net.

Thanks!

tomd
01-27-2009, 06:29 AM
How long have we been waiting for rear tires again? :flamer:
This happen last time I needed tires; you can get the front but not the rears! Had to park the Marauder for over 30 days waiting for the rears to come in!

I saw a sliver Marauder in Woodridge/Downers Grove IL. they changed out all tires and wheels. Maybe that's way to go if the car still tracks well. If you’re a member here could you let us know what that set you back?