PDA

View Full Version : Review Reinhart SCT Tune

JohnPPD
01-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Dennis e-mailed a tune for my SCT X3. I'm glad that I didn't have to ship the programmer to him, because I was anxious and hate waiting on snail mail. The transaction was smooth. I called and spoke to Dennis, sent him a PayPal payment and had the tune emailed the next day.

I just installed the tune to the car. So far, so good. It's a little early for an extensive review, but I'm very happy with my first impressions. My desire was to have a daily driver type of feel under light throttle. No hard jerking shifts while just sitting in traffic. But I wanted it to kick a$$ on WOT. That's pretty much what I got.

It doesn't seem to downshift as much in the city. And it pulls no matter what gear I'm in on the highway. I wasn't able to really open it up on the highway yet, but changing lanes and speeding past a slow poke is a little more fun. The stock tune seemed to downshift out of overdrive when I punched it on the highway, and then it would scream up to 6,000+ rpm. I didn't really like that. This hasn't happened with the DR tune. It just pulls. It actually shifts very smooth on the highway. You almost wouldn't know it without looking at the tach.

Overall, I'm very happy. I'll give a better review later. I've only driven 30 miles on the tune. :banana: