PDA

View Full Version : Looking for CV Sport or GM LSE

FordNut
01-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Still looking for a car for my Mom. Stock condition '03-'04 Crown Vic Sport or Grand Marquis LSE. Prefer fully equipped except without sunroof. Been looking almost a year, most of them that I've found were ruined with vinyl roof, bunch of chrome, 24's, performance mods, undisclosed damage, repaint, high miles, etc.

Yesterday sucked, I found one in Monroe Louisiana, got a one-way rental car from DFW where I had a layover, drove there and it was in terrible condition. Carfax and OASIS reports indicated the car would be just as nice as the seller had claimed. Had to drive the rest of the way back home in the rental car. 14 hours on the road for nothing...

69marquis conv
01-24-2009, 07:34 PM
They do seem tough to find in an unmutilated condition. There was a super low mileage '03 LS Ultimate with factory buckets and floor shift at a dealer here in Roanoke but Carfax and OASIS indicated it was a manufacturer buyback. Might be ok if the issue got corrected (driveline vibration around 55mph). It was purchased new in Va Beach.

joedee
01-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi,
I traded in on 04 GM Ultimate Edition not too long ago. It only had 28K on it. Like new. All options except sun roof. It is blue with gray leather interior. It also has the digital display. I bought it from an older (than me) guy who was not going to be driving anymore. When I bought it there was only 16K miles on it. I sold it because we live in the country and the snow has been just terrible. Rear wheel drive is not what you want up here in snow country. (My Marauder is stored for the winters). The only problem with it was the chrome on the strips on the front bumper were peeling off. I believe this is a common problem and an easy replacement part. I think the dealer still has it. If you are interested let me know and I can get more info.

Joe

FordNut
01-31-2009, 08:24 PM
Is that the LSE with bucket seats & console and HPP package?

CrazyCor15
01-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Well your CV Sports are gonna come fully equipped as all LX Sports were except sunroofs. Sunroofs were about the only option LX Sports did or did not have... so I believe... or unless you knew that already?

Bradley G
02-01-2009, 06:19 AM
I have the GMQ LSE HPP in a 2002, it has 97K now.
We bought it in 2005 with 55K, The only issue I had with the car was running Marauderjacks'(gas saver/octane boost) iron pills.
It seems the extra heat generated by the additive caused the spark plugs to crack and it developed a misfire.
I have a BOC tune (CVN vendor) UD's and the MM air box, maf and cvpi zip tube.
The car feels faster than the MM did stock.
Too bad it's a peg leg, for now......

FordNut
02-01-2009, 06:59 AM
I have the GMQ LSE HPP in a 2002, it has 97K now.
We bought it in 2005 with 55K, The only issue I had with the car was running Marauderjacks'(gas saver/octane boost) iron pills.
It seems the extra heat generated by the additive caused the spark plugs to crack and it developed a misfire.
I have a BOC tune (CVN vendor) UD's and the MM air box, maf and cvpi zip tube.
The car feels faster than the MM did stock.
Too bad it's a peg leg, for now......

From what I've seen so far, I believe '03 was the last year of the GMQ LSE HPP w/ bucket seats & console. I for sure want an '03-'04 for the revised suspension and pre-drive-by-wire. My exploder is drive-by-wire and I hate it.

I just went to Florida and picked up a '03 CV Sport, not sure if I want to re-sell it or fix it. It supposedly had very minor damage, but every time I stopped for gas I spotted something else. I guess I'll see what my body guy says before I decide for sure.

Bradley G
02-01-2009, 07:03 AM
I can check that last year of HPP LSE production at work.
I deffinatly like the steering revision on 03 & newer.
From what I've seen so far, I believe '03 was the last year of the GMQ LSE HPP w/ bucket seats & console. I for sure want an '03-'04 for the revised suspension and pre-drive-by-wire. My exploder is drive-by-wire and I hate it.

I just went to Florida and picked up a '03 CV Sport, not sure if I want to re-sell it or fix it. It supposedly had very minor damage, but every time I stopped for gas I spotted something else. I guess I'll see what my body guy says before I decide for sure.

joedee
02-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Is that the LSE with bucket seats & console and HPP package?

Hi,
No bucket seats but it does have the air ride rear like the Marauder. I still have the window sticker. Here is a copy of it.

FordNut
02-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Gotta have the buckets. Thanks.

Spectragod
02-01-2009, 04:19 PM
I have an 05' Sport, Black, warranty (Ford) $0 deductable till 100K, currently has 56K, it has a tune, PI air box, zip tube, Magnaflow exhaust w/4" delete tips, MM rear body panel and spoiler, Addco's. tint, Infinity speakers w/powered sub. The downside, it has a power sunroof. PM if this is something you would consider.

Bradley G
02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
That's a deal breaker for me too.
Gotta have the buckets. Thanks.

DEFYANT
02-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Carmax usually has nice stuff.