PDA

View Full Version : Any members here L.A.P.D. officers?

studio460
09-24-2003, 01:12 AM
WARNING: This post is sorta off-topic, but I'm getting desparate!

LOOKING FOR: L.A.P.D. officers.

WHY: They have those cool CVPIs with light bars, MDTs, and all that other cool cop stuff on 'em.

WHAT FOR: To help shoot NBC Shooter's ultra-low budget police action movie.

If you aren't L.A.P.D., but are an officer in some other Los Angeles-area law enforcement organization, and you would like to help, that would be great too! FBI, Airport Police, other municipality police, bomb squad, etc. . . . basically anyone who has access to CVPIs with blue and red light bars on their roofs!

Here are the only two shots I REALLY need:

1. Two L.A.P.D. black-and-white, late-model CVPI cruisers, lights on, siren off. The shot primarily consists of two cruisers power sliding around a city street corner and passing camera. Speed is moderate except for the cornering speed required to break some traction around the turn.

2. Handheld camera in backseat of any police vehicle equipped with an MDT and shotgun mount, but NO security divider. Camera angles on an over-the-shoulder of driver, while following TWO black-and-whites with lights on (siren off) which camera sees through the windshield. I only need a few city blocks-worth of this shot. Speed is moderate.

Location is to be determined based on the officer's assigned area. However, it is mandatory to shoot on streets with mercury vapor street lighting (the white kind) rather than the sickly-orange sodium vapor type street lights. The heart of downtown L.A. is all mercury vapor. Hollywood Blvd. has the benefit of triple-headed mercury vapor lighting. Other certain parts of Hollywood are also mercury vapor lit. Beverly Hills' downtown area is also mercury vapor, but it's just too risky to shoot there--besides, I really need L.A.P.D. cruisers, not BHPD cruisers.

Reply here or privately via PM or e-mail: nbcshooter@comcast.net

Thanks for your help.

studio460
09-24-2003, 01:21 AM
Just to clarify . . .

Marauders are very cool looking cars, as we all pretty much agree. However, our shiny 18" wheels are very out of character for a police vehicle. I think for a Marauder to look passable, it would need to have more mundane wheels and probably a push bumper.

What about a Marauder posing as an undercover or FBI car? Well, that would work, but still there's the problem with the wheels. Also, putting red and blue lights on the car could get us a serious ticket. I might actually have better luck putting this post on CVN. Real CVPIs could easily double for undercover cop cars (Rocket, you reading this?). Still have the problem with the lights though.

I truly hope to integrate Marauder vehicles in the as yet unscripted "movie" but just haven't figured yet out how to integrate them in a credible manner.

Dave Compson
09-24-2003, 09:26 AM
You know shooter, you can contact the emergency vehilce owners and operators of america. It is a group of people who own retired police, fire ect. cars and trucks (even motors) and they would love to have their cars in a movie. I think their website is evooa.org or something like that. I used to check them out when i owned my 1994 c***y caprice LT1 9C1.

Take care..

yorks
09-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Hey Shooter, You need extras?
I always fancied myself in the movies.

studio460
09-24-2003, 02:58 PM
THANKS, DAVE! That really sounds promising! Movie company police cars are REALLY expensive!

Dave Compson
09-25-2003, 02:46 AM
I'm just happy to be here...

Festus
09-25-2003, 07:51 AM
Just remember when you go the Academy Awards to collect your Best Picture Oscar to pull up to the red carpet in your Marauder!

Eric

studio460
10-01-2003, 06:39 PM
I NEARLY tore up the red carpet on set-up day at the Emmys! It's amazing what a press credential will let you get away with . . .