PDA

View Full Version : Oct 11 Parkway Cruise

prchrman
09-24-2003, 07:59 AM
Sorry guys been out of town and was too busy to get on line. Ok we are going to meet at The NC mineral museum on 226 at 11am next to the parkway. We can meet early if you wish, it takes about 2 hours from Charlotte so I did not want to get you up too early. If you guys want to spend more time cruising we can meet earlier. Coming from Charlotte area there are several ways but you have to go through Marion NC and this will get you on 221 and 226 going north. Take 226 towards Spruce Pine NC. When you get to the top of the mountain (you will understand) you will turn right under the parkway and the Mineral Museum is the next left. Everyone that is coming pm me and I will give you my cell so if you have any issues we can get you on the right goat trail. I will be back on line some this week but gone to Europe next week, will be back Oct 4 so any issues post or pm me. If the weather holds it will be a great time. We can go to Mt. Mitchell and Linville falls and the Via Duct. People from all over say it is the prettiest drive anywhere they have every been.
willie

Agent M79
09-24-2003, 09:10 AM
I'm in.

I have my navigator examining the message to generate a map and directions.

I'll bring a red one!

Marauderman
09-24-2003, 09:23 AM
Awh -you beat me to the post AgentM79----anyway-

OK--we'll meet at the museum @ 11Am .Then after chat'n a bit, we''ll head out to Mount Mitchell, about hour away..There on top of the mountain have lunch ( willie says a restaurant there). After lunch we'll all convoy thru the parkway and enjoy stopping along the way at places like Linville Falls and the via duct...what and wherevever....

Sounds like fun day to me..all together ,stopping different places
convoying on to others areas---OH!! the looks and stares we'll get -----------
--and that FAMOUS QUESTION we all know to well....what is that??

Well time to step up and get yourself scheduled...lets see,,,Butch, dok, frdwrnch, --Agents already in, mrmark,
Fin Harder 92, and Zeus Automotive can bring whatever he has available too!!!

It's a good chance to get all four colors on the pic gallery first folks---well--so now we have three..who else--and of course--don't forget to PM prcherman your coming........Tom

Marauderman
09-24-2003, 09:29 AM
And don't forget--attendees decide next meeting location....and I think I have an idea already where it may be..........hummmmmm...

Marauderman
09-24-2003, 09:32 AM
And for those new to the board --this is Our Carolina Group get together for this meet--on the Blue Ridge Parkway this month---

So if there are any others who want to --come alone--we'd love to have you--let us know --speak up here.....Tom

Marauderman
09-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Refresh time already--check first post for Carolina group meet on Oct 11....

marauder1
09-24-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm going to try to make it but I cant promise anything yet

Agent M79
09-24-2003, 05:19 PM
For those needing to plug an address into your favorite mapping software or website: Museum of North Carolina Minerals, 79 Parkway Rd., (Blue Ridge Parkway Milepost 331), Spruce Pine, NC 28777. 828-765-2761. Hours: Sun-Sat 9-5.

Whilst we are crusing, shall we agree on a FRS radio frequency and scramble code?

Are there other crusing protocols, hints, or tips we should post?

Marauderman
09-24-2003, 06:01 PM
sounds interesting---how about you investigating this for us travelers andf get the best info and less costly way of doing things and post it here for us to setle on which way to go--look at Ennis hints and what worked...

Agent M79
09-24-2003, 06:08 PM
Wha...? Hey... are... are you giving me homework?!?

Marauderman
09-24-2003, 06:08 PM
marauder1--didn't mean to leave you out--sorry--know your schedule calls for odd situations at times --so we'll understand--keep us posted..thanks...Tom

Marauderman
09-24-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Agent M79
Wha...? Hey... are... are you giving me homework?!?

look at it as an upbeat way of keep us without the most current knowledge on these matters up to date... well you did mentioned it....and it is a terrific adea of yours..seems natural you
woiuld want to help in persuading us with what is best in that respect...--have I sold you yet..:lol:

Agent M79
09-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Yeah... but... I mean... I was just... [sigh] Ok... I'll see what I can work up... yeesh. :coolman:

Marauderman
09-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Update hints for Oct.11th meet-

All those coming should bring warm clothing or jackets as its colder up there and windy most likely-

We're working on a "rain" date just in case--no fun if it rains...stay tuned...........

Agent M79
09-25-2003, 10:14 AM
Yeppers, got rain gear and clothing on the big list. I'll post it once I can pretty it up.

Marauderman
09-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Hey AgentM79 --If I haven't said it--it's fun having you around and on board with us......don't let it ruin to the head though--just want u to know your the kind of guy that makes this place fun for all of us --glad we captured you that day.....glad you joined us.....Tom....now back to the radios.....hummms...oh yeah --your gonna hand them out to us at lunch --right...? :lol:

Agent M79
09-25-2003, 07:03 PM
The checklist started as a simple homework assignment from marauderman and ended up pretty extensive once I got to thinking about it.

Understand, this turned into a checklist for a much longer trip (like I might be preparing for Marauderville '04 or something) but I'd rather present to much for a short cruise than too little and leave something out.

Please feel free to add to and comment on the list.

Tom, FRS radios are fairly inexpensive but if you need one or some (I have bought pairs) you can borrow my spare or I can pick some up for you. Let me know!

Here it is, my homework, turned in on time:

Carolina Marauders Parkway Cruise
Saturday October 11 2003

Initial meet time: 11:00am

Initial meet place:
Museum of North Carolina Minerals
79 Parkway Rd. (Blue Ridge Parkway Milepost 331)
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
(828) 765-2761 (call us or them if you get lost)
Hours: Sun-Sat 9-5

Things to bring:

FRS Radios
•Charge them over night, bring car charger if you have one
•Extra batteries
•Channel 7, Scramble Code 9 (as in M79)
•Fall back channel = -1 until open channel found (6/9, 5/9, etc.)
•FRS is public, wanna use your name or your screen name?
•If you have a CB, bring it

Cell Phone
•Charge it over night, bring car charger if you have one.
•Extra batteries

Food & Water
•Make sure water bottles (or other beverage) fits your cup holders
•Bring non-perishables that can tolerate heat (chips, crackers, pop-tarts, etc.)

First Aid Kit
•Check it. Make sure it is not depleted, sprayables still spray, liquids still flow, tapes still stick
•If not water tight, put it in a zip lock bag

Car Stuff
•Unexpired and valid drivers license, current registration, and current and active proof of insurance.
•Jumper cables
•Jump Device (like a Prestone Jump-It) if you have one, charge it overnight
•Water (for the radiator)
•Oil
•Rags
•Check that spare (really)
•Check that jack (really)
•Orange road hazard triangle thingies
•Flashlights (put fresh batteries in them, bring spares)
•Fire Extinguisher, Type C (CO2) (find a way to have this in the car, not the trunk)
•Some basic tools
•Motor Club Card/Roadside Assistance Cards and phone numbers
•Spray bottle and clean towel for spot cleaning your MM
•Keep a spare key on you or your navigator
•Program or learn, use, and memorize your keyless entry code the night before and try it again in the morning
•Load those CD changers and/or bring CDs and tapes

Writing Materials
•Pens, pencils, sharpies, etc.
•Paper
•See the www.mercurymarauder.net store for inspiration

Camera/Camcorder
•Bring extra film, tape, digital memory
•Charge them over night, bring the car charger if you have one
•Extra batteries
•Test the night before and/or morning of

Fiduciary Preparedness
•Credit Cards (bring the one that is not maxed out or call for increase)
•Cash (spread it around, on you, your navigator(s), center console, etc.)
•Bring your health insurance card
•Pay up your insurance, every kind and all of it

On-Cruise Emergency Contact Info
•Share with the group cell phone numbers in case of radio failures or if you get lost and are out of radio range or have to depart suddenly
•Who you want us to call (your off-cruise responsible party?) in case you are unable

Off-Cruise Emergency Contact Info
•In detail, share with someone where you are going and include specific times and locations. Always call to update with significant departures from plan. Set and agree to an “action time” when your responsible party will initiate an agreed to plan to locate you or someone in our group if you do not appear or call them by a specific time.
•Make sure your off-cruise responsible party or other can feed your pets if you are significantly delayed.

Navigational Aids
•Bring your GPS
•Bring your mapping software (update it now and the night before you leave)
•Bring a paper map even if you have GPS and/or mapping software

Environmental Aids
•Umbrellas
•Poncho
•Tarp for the wet ground while you change your tire. Someone will hold an umbrella or their tarp over you while you spit and curse.

Don’t Forget You’re Human
•Fill your prescription early and bring it. Give ½ to your navigator cause you’ll lose yours
•Allergy meds (non-drowsy folks, keep it in your lane)
•Headache/muscle ache meds
•Anti-bacterial hand wash (might be no hot water/soap available)
•All the embarrassing stuff like anti-diarrheals, feminine hygiene products, etc.
•Toilet Paper (you’ve needed it, didn’t have, or know someone that has, don’t deny it)
•Wear glasses? Bring an extra pair
•Wear contacts? Bring your eye drops, an extra pair, and your glasses
•Bring a navigator, they can drive when it’s best you don’t (because you ignored me and brought full-drowsy Benadryl and you drooled on yourself)
•Bring a change of clothes (and an extra shirt on top of that, ya slob)
•Be prepared for cooler weather
•Be perpared for sun (hats, sunscreen, etc.)

General
•Zip locks (bigger is better than smaller, you’ll know why when it’s to late)
•Garbage bags (again, you’ll know why when it’s to late)
•Moist Towelettes
•Pocket knife/Swiss army knife

Traveling with Disinterested Others
•Crosswords
•Gameboys
•Magnetic board games
•Laptop PC
•Portable DVD player
•Books
•Magazines
•Pillows
•Tranquillizers

MM03MOK
09-25-2003, 10:07 PM
MY WORD, Agent!!! I'm impressed. Now I need some place to go!!

SergntMac
09-26-2003, 08:01 AM
I'm packed...Where am I going now?

Marauderman
09-26-2003, 09:11 AM
Holly Cow BAT MAN!!! Give you a compliment on top of little favor---LOOK WHAT WE GET!!!!!!!!!!!

With a package list like that --we outta be good for a Cannon Ball Run to the WEST COAST!!! J/K!!

That list sure has to be the list of all list--- DOn't let Bob MAthis see it--it may be calling you for help for the '04 run.....

All aside--Thanks for putting together (some) items for us to consider...gheeese..... good job...now sit down a rest awhile....
.Tom......

Agent M79
09-26-2003, 09:18 AM
Aw schucks! It didn't all come outta my head! Maybe 1/3rd of it did. There rest I found here and across the Internet and my wife.

A little overkill for a day cruise but nice to have nonetheless.

I will keep it compiled and add to it as new ideas and practical advice is encountered.

I have this currently in Word but I am going to move it to Excel to make it handier to create checklists, etc.

If anyone wants a copy when I am done, PM me your email address and I will send it off to you.

MAD-3R
09-26-2003, 09:38 AM
That is a fantastic list!!
Just a few add ons;
Wide Brim Hat (Especially if you are gifted with an expanding forehead like me)

Sun Screen. (I was as red as my inserts in TX, and you CAN burn on a cloudy day.)

frdwrnch
09-26-2003, 01:10 PM
Oh My what a mess! I'm supposed to help at a car show at church. But I may be able to get a driver for my Falcon wagon to take it to the show and then I can go to church on Sunday after the Marauder meet and repent. Sound good? I'll let you guys know.

dok
09-26-2003, 01:45 PM
Sorry guys. October 11 is the day of the big race at Lowes Motor Speedway. My son and wife are coming from New York. Tickets are bought and paid for.

Hope you have a great time and I'll see everyone at the next outing.

Agent M79
09-26-2003, 02:59 PM
MAD-3R: Good ones! And now added. Thank you.

mman: Is prchrman going to be checking in from overseas or is he incognito?

Marauderman
09-26-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Agent M79

mman: Is prchrman going to be checking in from overseas or is he incognito?

Hard to say---But at the meet he can help put frdwrnch's mind at ease since he feels it may be necessary to repent somwhat...

Darn--dok not coming--ther goes the pic for the four colors......gotta thing of something to get that accomplished and posted .....

Oh heck--we'll still have fun .....where is the others--time to start letting us know of your plans...please.....Tom

Agent M79
09-27-2003, 01:30 PM
I asked if prchrman was going to look in or not as I am thinking that he is the primary organizer. It may be early, I don't know as I've never been involved with such a thing. but I am concerned about attendance.

Are we looking 3 commited so far? prchrman, marauderman, and me?

A few 'possibles' and a declination?

Should we be talking about an alternate date? Would that attract more (and more colors)?

Just putting it out there, I don't want to hijack prchrmans plans and process here.

I also ask because I will be incognito from the time he gets back an not back online until Thursday the 9th and I am anxious!

prchrman
09-27-2003, 02:34 PM
I can not do the wk end of the 18th...watching UNC midnight madness and UNC vs AZ St the next day...if no takers for the 11th?? willie

Marauderman
09-27-2003, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Agent M79
[B]Should we be talking about an alternate date? Would that attract more (and more colors)?

QUOTE]

I'm beginning to think like Agent M79 --

But I'm a bit upset here--we set this date back in Aug. and all agreed this is a GOOD date..NOW several have chosen other alternatives....it's not as if is wasn't enought time to consider and post before now!!!

NO wonder AgentM79 is a bit concerned- So am I!

Our new member sees 6 to 7 grouped in one meet and told what out plans are for the next two and the second time table comes up and several say --other things....well, it makes me want to reconsider ....yes maybe another place or date for sure.....I'm currently re-reading from having printed all post as to what actions I feel is needed -( have asked ms.marauderman for assistance here in the re-read)...so as not to post later a mistake--but I will return with my thoughts....probably tomorrow.....Tom...

Agent M79
09-27-2003, 04:59 PM
Hey prchrman! I am glad you are checking in!

I can usually make any date if given far enough in advance and work does not intrude at some point.

I am not pushing for the 11th or any other day. I would like to get back together with you guys so you can see what you have done to me!

Y'all just let me know. I'll chime in when I think I have something worthwhile.

Bigdogjim
09-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Just an FYI Hershey, Pa. is Oct 17,18,19. I might just "shoot" over if time permits. M79 Pm the list to me please.
(we did not prep this much for a 1500 mile run to Texas) :lol:

Fin Harder 92
09-27-2003, 09:17 PM
Hey Guys,

The wife and I will be there. I'm going to call Butch this week to confirn timeline. See you there.

Take Care

Marauderman
09-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Well. Ms marauderman and I have decide to "go and attend" our original meet in prchrman's local....and we're glad to have others sign up as well..it will be good to make a day of it just hanging with each other in our MM's and seeing the mountain scenery from one stop to the next....now if the rain only stays away... looking forward to meeting all on the 11th....

2003Marauder
09-30-2003, 10:42 AM
What's latest on the 11th Cruise? Wife and I would like to drive over from Memphis, TN and join the convoy.

Agent M79
09-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Looks like it's on to me.

Commits:
prchrman
marauderman
Agent M79
Fin Harder 92
2003Marauder

Possibles:
marauder1
frdwrnch
Butch

If we are lucky the leaves will just start changing right about then.

Butch
09-30-2003, 06:05 PM
I am *planning* on being there. As usual, I will know more the week of the event.

I have an opportunity to go blow some bucks playing craps with a friend off the coast of Myrtle Beach that weekend. He is begging me to go with him again because his other friends bailed on him. He has some money to blow and it is burning a hole in his pocket. PLUS....I got a bonus check last week, so I have some spare money to blow also.

And to add to my long message....I bought a boat (used) from a friend and I am in the process of giving it a good "once-over" before we take it out in the next week or so. So, I have been trying to spend all of my free time with that. Nothing really wrong with the boat, but I just want to fix it up nice before I take it out.

Anyway....Fin! Give me a call at the office and we will discuss our options. I'm usually in the office around 9:00am.

I'll PM you the # just to verify you have it.

Later,
Butch

Agent M79
10-04-2003, 06:47 AM
Alrighty folks, Agent is on a mission until October 9th. It's a deep cover mission so I may be incognito.

Mrs. Agent requests an agenda beyond the initial meet place and time. Apparently she has an extensive social agenda that is on a need-to-know basis (and evidently I don't need-to-know) and also needs to make arrangements for a babysitter.

[Secret message to Control: If I do not emerge by the 9th, execute Protocol Bluebird... oh... and feed my cat.]

Marauderman
10-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Agent M79--Here is what we started with --as an agenda ---more or less a day riding the ridge--no specfic plans --just stopping here and there---deciding "whats next" while at each stop--Each is on their own time table as to how long they want to stay with the group and when they will want to leave back to town.

[i]Originally posted by marauderman [/i

OK--we'll meet at the museum @ 11Am .Then after chat'n a bit, we''ll head out to Mount Mitchell, about hour away..There on top of the mountain have lunch ( willie says a restaurant there). After lunch we'll all convoy thru the parkway and enjoy stopping along the way at places like Linville Falls and the via duct...what and wherevever....

Sounds like fun day to me..all together ,stopping different places
convoying on to others areas---OH!! the looks and stares we'll get -----------
--and that FAMOUS QUESTION we all know to well....what is that??

prchrman
10-05-2003, 02:15 PM
howdy all...good to be back in the states...so looks like it is still on for this sat the 11th...looks like we got a few more signing up...the leaves have not changed color alot but maybe by this weekend they will turn some for us...we will meet at the mineral museum at 11am at the parkway and then head up to Mt Mitchell... it is really beautiful...just be sure to bring some walking shoes and a jacket...it gets cool at nearly 7000 feet...if any want we can go to Linville Falls and the parkway via duct...I am sure all will enjoy the views, convo and such...sorry about being away so much while this is in the planning stage but it is not too hard to plan this out...ps...everone coming please pm me your cell # if available so if you have any problems I can call you...also I will send you my cell so if you have problems finding us I can give you directions...thanks willie, your friendly neighborhood MM owning preacherman...

prchrman
10-06-2003, 06:26 PM
so how many are coming to the cruise...ante up...looks like about 5 cars???...check in guys and gals for some grand touring...

Marauderman
10-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Well, it outta be a fun time for scenery even if for nothing else -besides meeting up again with the best car friends a person can have----so the leaves take longer--it's something different and as said before --what a view of MM 'ers and the fun we'll have --as well as bringing looks and questions from others .....why not!!!

Marauderman
10-07-2003, 04:09 PM
OK folks--re-fresh time--Wed is tomorrow--start get'n plans to cruise on the Ridge ---weather forcast is ok--no rain as of today Tuesday for Saturday---..so..... lets ..get out and take some great pics of us and the view---...can't hear ya!!!....

prchrman
10-08-2003, 03:06 AM
leaves are getting right...lots of color...a little cloudy saturday...no rain...my wife is even looking forward to the cruise...if you are coming let us know so if you run a little late we do not miss you at the museum...and I can give you my cell #...thanks willie

Marauderman
10-08-2003, 04:32 AM
Well, after checking the weather forcast this Wed. morning--it appears there is rain possibility for Sat throughout most of the reagion ==say 40-50% chance for now--

SO...........What we need here is a show,,, of hands, excuse me---huh,,,key boards,,,no,,,,huh,,,yea's or no's for coming out to the mountains with the chance of rain....Hummmmm....

Personally, I'm not for being out in the rain in the MM for any reason unless I have to...but this event does make it difficult to decide upon.....I dont believe we will enjoy the event/trip as much with having rain to deal with ..... so I will start first and say ...

........if on Fri. it is forcasted for rain on Sat in the mountains where we'll be going - then I think we should post pone till another date..... this leaves eveyone the opportunity to make other plans..

What does everyone want to do.........lets hear if the rain will make a difference? If everyone still want to go--I'm in and will be there...

....Thanks....Tom

Marauderman
10-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Just want to throw this out for review an comments---..Tom

Originally posted by marauderman
Well, after checking the weather forcast this Wed. morning--it appears there is rain possibility for Sat throughout most of the reagion ==say 40-50% chance for now--

SO...........What we need here is a show,,, of hands, excuse me---huh,,,key boards,,,no,,,,huh,,,yea's or no's for coming out to the mountains with the chance of rain....Hummmmm....

Personally, I'm not for being out in the rain in the MM for any reason unless I have to...but this event does make it difficult to decide upon.....I dont believe we will enjoy the event/trip as much with having rain to deal with ..... so I will start first and say ...

........if on Fri. it is forcasted for rain on Sat in the mountains where we'll be going - then I think we should post pone till another date..... this leaves eveyone the opportunity to make other plans..

What does everyone want to do.........lets hear if the rain will make a difference? If everyone still want to go--I'm in and will be there...

....Thanks....Tom

Agent M79
10-08-2003, 01:53 PM
I am back from deep cover.

I am looking forward to the cruise but I think it would be much less fun in the rain. If we are reasonably certain if rain, I'd say let's postpone.

Let me know. I've got the day blocked off for it but I can block another with some notice.

Marauderman
10-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Thats just it--just want to put it out there for discussion and consideration --what does everyone think---I know it's hard to get all together--and this date is what we decided on way back--but we forgot to mentioned ..what ifs --like rain..so might as well toss it around as it gets closer...

Agent M79
10-09-2003, 09:11 AM
I've sent a PM to prchrman with my home and cell numbers in case there is a cancellation at the last moment. If no cancel, my plan is to be there.

The forecast as of 10/9 at noon for the NC Mineral Museum is:

Sat Oct 11 AM Clouds / PM Sun 65°/49° Precip Chance 20 %

You can get a fresh forcast at this link:
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/28777?lswe=28777&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

This is the list from the previous page, I am pretty sure it's the same. Let me know if not and I will update it.

Commits:
prchrman
marauderman
Agent M79
Fin Harder 92
2003Marauder

Possibles:
marauder1
frdwrnch

My stealthy badgeless grill will not make it in time, unfortunately.

prchrman
10-09-2003, 09:53 AM
yahoo sez cloudy morning...sunshine afternoon and evening at a high of 65 degrees...sounds purrrfect...zip here is 28714 if you want to look up on weather sites...willie

Marauderman
10-09-2003, 12:14 PM
Okey dokey then-=---

Will be there-

***--Just got the baby's oil changed

*** and her "new fender badges " put on-Oh so Sweet!

*** Now to wash and clean her up for the RIDE!!!

See ya Saturday folks....

TAF
10-09-2003, 12:16 PM

*** Now to wash and clean her up for the RIDE!!!

See ya Saturday folks....

Oh no...now it IS going to rain...

Marauderman
10-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Can't happen--Already took her out in the rain this morning--so to help with breaking the spell!!!!!
( mman has fingers crossed behing keyboard)

TAF
10-09-2003, 12:25 PM
Hey...I don't want it to rain in the mountains either. I'm taking my girls up to the Tree Top Orchard for our Annual Apple Pickin. FYI...that's near Brevard & Hendersonville. I'll be in "the big white bus" though.:(

Marauderman
10-09-2003, 01:15 PM
For yall that are coming--don't forget to have some ideas for next meet-----

And don't forget--attendees decide next meeting location....and I think I have an idea already where it may be..........hummmmmm...

Marauderman
10-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by dok
Sorry guys. October 11 is the day of the big race at Lowes Motor Speedway. My son and wife are coming from New York. Tickets are bought and paid for.

Hope you have a great time and I'll see everyone at the next outing.

Hey dok--They have moved the race time back a bit--till 7:30 or 8Pm I hear--so tell kids you'll be on the ridge in the earily morn and afternoon with us and then silp on out later in the afternoon and into your seats at the raceway-----still enough time to enjoy both --eh?..

Hey ==am trying real hard here to sell this idea on you--!!!

....Tom

dok
10-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Tom-The race they moved back is the Friday night race. Trying to help the traffic because of the Dixie Chicks concert at the Verizon which is only 2 miles away from the track.

We will be at the track by 4 pm on Saturday for the 3 doors down concert before the race.

Just got home from the track. We got there at 2:00 this afternoon and were there until almost midnight. Long day!!

Butch
10-10-2003, 05:41 AM
Sorry guys. I won't be able to make this one. I'm going a few miles off the coast this weekend.

$$$ :D $$$

Everyone have a great time! Sorry, but I gotta go see my friend down at the coast.

Later,
Butch

Agent M79
10-10-2003, 07:19 AM
The precip chance just went to 60%. http://www.weather.com/weather/local/28777?lswe=28777&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

Agent M79
10-10-2003, 02:43 PM
Well... now precip chance is 50% but it is currently pouring here in Race City USA. I have one more slot (tomorrow morning) to clean up the MM otherwise I will have to show up dirty. :rolleyes:

prchrman
10-10-2003, 03:22 PM
rain...rain...rain...here...le t's call it off...the clouds are low and it will not be pretty...willie....

Agent M79
10-10-2003, 04:13 PM
prchrman,
I am taking this as an official postponement so I will not be there tomorrow. You may have to call the others in case they don't check in here.

Marauderman
10-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Well prchman--calling it till a later day --ok--anyway to reach the other two who comitted?? I too take this as a postponement till later--- --any way to reach Fin Harder92 in nam country--its a long way for him too.......and the other from Tenn..?

Marauderman
10-10-2003, 06:29 PM
Alert--Alert!

I just reached Fin Harder 92 via phone--advised him tomorow is called for time being---said if not in the next two weeks a reschedule is posted then to get with "Butch" and consider a get together in Greensboro/ Spring Lake Area-----

What do you all think---( trying to keep it alive folks)--help me out here...............Tom

Marauderman
10-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Time to use Bunny's List --Hope it will help out in this case!!!

Marauderman
10-10-2003, 06:40 PM
If anyone knows how to reach 2003 Marauder--please tell him meet tomorrow on the Blueridge is called off..Thanks..per prchman

Originally posted by 2003Marauder
What's latest on the 11th Cruise? Wife and I would like to drive over from Memphis, TN and join the convoy.

Marauderman
10-10-2003, 06:55 PM
SO all know prchrman has announced the following!!!!!

Originally posted by prchrman
rain...rain...rain...here...le t's call it off...the clouds are low and it will not be pretty...willie....