PDA

View Full Version : newb need info before buying

speedybob
02-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Greetings , I'm new here and it's time to update my ride! I've got a hopped up 93 Lightning , so what I get cant be slower. What is the best year Marauder? What options do I need to know about. I know I need a blower, but short of that , what are the best mods. My experiences say I need gears, a torque converter, a tuner and some sort of exhaust mods. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Bob

SC Cheesehead
02-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Greetings , I'm new here and it's time to update my ride! I've got a hopped up 93 Lightning , so what I get cant be slower. What is the best year Marauder? What options do I need to know about. I know I need a blower, but short of that , what are the best mods. My experiences say I need gears, a torque converter, a tuner and some sort of exhaust mods. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Bob

Bob,

:welcome:

Good questions, all. I've had both an '04 and '03, IMO, not too much difference stock. The "04's had a different transmission, and a slightly high stall speed T/C as well as some enhancements made to the knock sensors, but the engines are the same.

For starters, suggest you get 4:10 gears, a tune, and maybe a CAI, you'll be pleasantly surprised how those mods wake the car up. Also, spend a little time searching previous threads/posts; lots of great info on the site.

BTW, if you've not yet found a car, magindat has a S/C'd car he's selling, you may want to PM him, car's already set up, and is in great shape.

Bluerauder
02-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Greetings , I'm new here and it's time to update my ride! I've got a hopped up 93 Lightning , so what I get cant be slower.
Welcome to the MM.Net, Bob. :welcome1:

Check the timeslips page for cars that meet or better your best 1/4 mile in the '93 Lightning -- then click on screennames and research their signatures and statistics on what got them there >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/timeslips.php

Good Luck.

a_d_a_m
02-02-2009, 09:11 AM
magindat has a S/C'd car he's selling
i thought he took the car back off the market due to the deal falling through on the truck he wanted...? :confused: