PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 2003 300B Black Marauder f/s. Turbo'd with GT heads

Todd
02-02-2009, 08:57 AM
FOR SALE $22,000 OBO I am open to creative ideas to span the difference between my price and your financing amt. (Put stuff on a credit card at a local store etc)

********I can also sell the car through a local car dealer as a pass through sell if it helps anyone get financed. I hear buying from a dealer helps********

I am putting my Marauder up for sale. Title is in hand. I do not need to sell the car but I want to start the next project. I have a few things in mind. But nothing specific yet. And I have another vehicle I drive every day so I can’t have 3 cars at one time. Something has to go. In the mean time, I will continue driving it once a week and working on the small mods I want done to it.

The car has been garage kept since I got it. I have never put it on the track and the new engine has less than 4000 miles at a very low boost level. Oil changed in new engine at 500 miles and subsequently every 1000 miles using Castrol engine oil and K&N oil filter. Should go to synthetic soon.

As you all know, this car has many one-off, unique items on it. To start off it has the Ford GT 5.4 liter cylinder heads, cams, valves, etc. These heads are just under $4000 retail by themselves. The heads themselves are the same as on the Shelby GT500 Mustang and GT. But the cams in these GT heads are upgrades to the GT500 cams. This car was the prototype vehicle for adapter plates to use the factory manifold on the 5.4 heads. To run these heads, I also had to have a custom, all metal cowl induction hood made because the intake was raised almost 3 inches with the head install. The hood was almost $2000.

Currently dyno tuned by Jerry W. 475rwhp/476rwtq at just under 10psi boost at a flat 11.5 afr. See dyno sheet I posted later in this thread.

The car could use 2 things to get it where I want it.
1. ***** EDIT 11-20-09 This is no longer an issue. See my post on page 7 of this thread. Post 103 at this point. I just got in over $600 worth of Spal fans and accessories. Which is overkill for this fix. But I wanted to fix it the way I wanted it done. *****

2. I would like to make the kit blow through. It isn't needed but a number of guys have had really good success with blow through maf on our cars. There is a short pipe that comes from the intercooler to the front of the engine and on to the throttle body. There is a silicone connector near the driver’s side valve cover that adapts the final pipe inline to the throttle body. This modification would replace this length of pipe from that connecter to the throttle body. I already have a short 45degree pipe and Procharger throttlebody elbow with 05+ mass air bung welded in. But the new owner would need to buy a couple other pieces to complete this modification. The new owner should get a short piece of 3inch aluminum pipe and a 45degree silicone adapter to add a new 2005 Mustang style mass air which requires 3inch pipe or larger. This modification will allow removal of the SCT 2400 ‘Big Air’ mass air and allow you to run a huge K&N filter. This setup will be much more efficient and allow install of the new blow off valve I have. I have the new Turbosmart 52mm Race Port blow off valve in the box waiting to be installed. The current blow off valve (actually a recirculation valve) is a Greddy Type RS and circulates back inline prior to the turbo. Sometimes if it opens at certain rpm and throttle position, it can cause an inconsistent mass air signal by back-feeding air into the mass air and cause the engine to stall. It can be tuned around. So you could pick either/both routes. I think the new blow off valve and different style mass air is the best route to take the car to the next level. But if you are happy with the power it has now, you can just have the tune adjusted to account for the mass air signal and you are good to go.

The clarify where this car should be even as it sits with a re-tune and upping the boost, you should see 20psi and over 700rwhp and 700rwtq with no problem. I think it will be a good bit more with the new mass air but I think 700/700 is a safe goal. The turbo in this kit is really not efficient till approximately 15psi on our cubic inch engines. The car should be tuned to that level (15psi) at a minimum.

(another Marauder with stock heads, lower compression, and stock sized turbo made over 600rwhp and almost 700rwtq at a mid teens boost level. He only quit due to running out of fuel pump.)

The paint is in good shape. No dents or dings. A few very, very minor rock chips/nicks which are to be expected.

I will help arrange shipping if that’s the way the new owner wants to go. It will be at the new owners expense.

2003 Mercury Marauder (300B)

· Black exterior
· Charcoal interior
· 40,000 miles
· Extra set of factory Marauder carpeted mats new in box
· Mercury rubber all weather mats along with original factory mats (in perfect condition)
· Factory CD Changer (not connected to aftermarket radio)
· Heated front seats
· Factory trunk organizer
· Traction Control

Exterior Modifications:
· Custom, all metal cowl induction hood
· Exterior, underbody valet lights
· Factory rear spoiler
· Windows tinted
· Badge-less front grill (will include original, unmodified grill as well)
· KDW ‘New Tread’ rear tires

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00387.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00389.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00394.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00395.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00398.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00399.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00402.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00406.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00403.JPG

Todd
02-02-2009, 08:58 AM
CONT -

Interior Modifications:
· Real Autometer Oil pressure and Voltage gauges in factory pod
· Real Autometer Transmission Temperature gauge in pillar pod
· TurboSmart Eboost2. 2 1/16inch boost gauge and electronic boost controller in pillar pod

Interior Stereo/Electronics Modifications:
*Pioneer products just installed*
· Pioneer D3 in dash DVD player, AM/FM radio, CD Player, HD radio, and IPod connection (in glove box)
· Pioneer Rear view camera and Bluetooth module
· RCA audio and video input routed to glove box for addition of Playstation, video camera, etc
· Boston Acoustic Pro60 separates (6½ and 1in) in front doors
· Boston Acoustic Pro60 separates (6½ and 1in) in rear deck
· Boston Acoustic C110 factory made sub box. 10inch ‘Competition’ subwoofer and 10inch passive radiator mounted on shelf to the left of spare tire
· Xtant121m mono amp with optional bass module (LQF45) powering sub
· Xtant 704x powering Boston separates
· Full power and ground distribution to trunk using JL Audio blocks and wire
· All RCA wires are MonsterCable 401’s (except input in glove box)
· Prewire for hardwired (V1) Valentine1 radar detector to overhead center console (currently mount V1 on window)
· Superchips SCT Xcal2 tuner

Engine/Driveline Modifications:
· Modular Mustang Racing (MMR) Race 1100 low compression (9.2:1) shortblock
· Polydyn fully coated pistons (low friction coating on skirts and ceramic on tops)
· ARP head studs and Main Studs
· Cometic head gaskets
· High volume oil pump with billet gear
· Ford GT 5.4 liter complete heads (heads, cams, valves, springs, etc.)
· ‘Ford GT’ cylinder Head to factory intake billet aluminum adapter plates
· Pro Turbo Systems turbo kit. Front mount intercooler. Black ceramic coated hot pipes and black powder coated cold pipes
· Upgraded Precision 76GTS turbo with polished ‘H’ cover (4inch inlet and 3inch outlet) and black ceramic coated .81ar exhaust housing
· Pro Turbo Systems T-bolt upgrade option
· Black turbo blanket
· Accufab polished billet throttle body
· Breslin locking header bolts
· PI 2900 stall triple disk torque converter
· Upgraded transmission stub shaft and associated drum from Lentech (additional splines and stronger metal)
· Many upgrades in transmission. Including racing clutches, ‘J’ mod, and many, many others
· Dennis Reinhart large Transmission cooler
· Art Carr deep, finned aluminum transmission pan
· Relocated coolant reservoir to passenger fender well
· Canton power steering fluid reservoir
· Twin 12inch Flex-A-Lite electric fan assembly
· Brand new factory radiator
· Brand new 180 degree thermostat
· Brand new EMP Stewart Warner water pump
· Turbosmart Race Port 52mm blow off valve waiting to be installed on new pipe. See note at top of ad.
· SCT Big Air 2400 mass air
· Head Cooling mod
· Zack and Mac control arms
· Upgraded front sway bar
· Metal Matrix drive shaft
· 4.10 gears
· Granatelli Motorsports Coil Connectors
· 200amp PA Performance Alternator and premium wiring kit waiting to be installed

Fuel System Modifications:
· Aeromotive billet fuel rails with billet adapter for factory fuel pressure sensor
· Twin Ford GT fuel pumps in tank
· Upgraded FPDM
· -8 braided stainless fuel line from tank to rails
· 60lb injectors

Extras:
· Original documentation that came with car
· XL sized Marauder leather jacket in zip bag and original box. Only worn a few times and in perfect condition.
· 2 sets of the Mercury head locking valve stem caps. Never installed.

Pics of turbo itself off the car
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00230.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00228.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00227.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/4/4/DSC00226.JPG

Zack
02-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Uh, wow. Thats a killer car you have there, Ive never seen it in pics til now.

ctrlraven
02-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Todd do you have contact info like a phone number or email? I was going to post this on another forum.

TAKEDOWN
02-02-2009, 02:11 PM
That's a beautiful Marauder there! If I had the $$$, I'd buy it instantly.

TiTo35
02-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I think I just "jizzed" my pants...:D

Zack
02-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I think I just "jizzed" my pants...:D

The swear filter will be updated shortly. :rolleyes:

hot-rauder
02-02-2009, 02:25 PM
The swear filter will be updated shortly. :rolleyes:

haha, i found a way to bypass it... but ill keep it to myself. lol

Good luck witht he sale. It is one AMAZING MM. I love the custom hood. Very subtle

Tusc
02-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Ha ha! What's it get for MPG? LOL Love the project you did there. Clean and subtle on the outside, down and dirty under the hood - just my style.

rayjay
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Sweet Todd! Good luck with the sale. Someone will be getting one very special Marauder!

ImpalaSlayer
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Todd, that thing is ****in beautiful! good luck man. i love the hood!

blackrauder
02-02-2009, 04:52 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEET RIDE :eek::burn::burn:

Todd
02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the comments.

It doesn't get the best gas mileage as you would imagine. De tune it a little and it should get much better. but then why would you build a car like this!!! It probably gets 14mpg as it sits. But dont quote me. I really havent measured it. And I NEVER let it get below a 1/4 tank. Usually fill at about 1/3.

Todd
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Todd do you have contact info like a phone number or email? I was going to post this on another forum.

pm sent.....

kariamack
02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
..This is not cool at all .......I love this car ..your car is what made me go turbo .....Mann good luck with the sell ..and I now live around the corner from you ..so i still want me test drive lol...

Dennis Reinhart
02-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Steve my top mechanic had a lot do with this car, and it is immaculate, Jerry personally did a very conservative tune, on the car Paul Holman of Visual FX did a perfect job of the hood, so I can tell any one, this is a very unique car.

stryker
02-03-2009, 11:15 PM
:eek: !!Oh my goodness that is a stealthy panther that's the one I need to cause terror on the street and on the track, but unfortunally it is very high in price scale to me but the state of that Panther is far Awesome,Wonderful,Majestic,Int imidating,Menacing am sorry mang but !!ARE YOU CRAZY!! you have a hell of a Panther car, I think is time to start play Lotto to see if I win.

stryker
02-03-2009, 11:17 PM
:eek: !!Oh my goodness that is a stealthy panther that's the one I need to cause terror on the street and on the track, but unfortunally it is very high in price scale to me but the state of that Panther is far Awesome,Wonderful,Majestic,Int imidating,Menacing am sorry mang but !!ARE YOU CRAZY!! you have a hell of a Panther car, I think is time to start play Lotto to see if I win.One other thing. Could you post interior Panther pictures if you don't mind I'll love to see that panther's interior.

Motorhead350
02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
I hope you don't sell that car too soon because I will be able to afford it in a few years. :D

Good luck with the sale though.

offroadkarter
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
interested in trades? :D

Good luck todd, i guess we will never be able to see what it does on the dyno or 1320 now :(

Todd
02-04-2009, 08:14 PM
interested in trades? :D

Good luck todd, i guess we will never be able to see what it does on the dyno or 1320 now :(

Actually I wouldnt be totally against a part trade. Dont know what I would consider. But I needed to move the Marauder to make physical room. New car needs the spot in the garage. The daily driver (a large suv with roof rack) will not even fit in the garage so it is in the turn around spot in driveway. One more car (keeping the marauder) means something is in the street and that cant happen.

Hopefully whoever buys it will do the retune and run it. I am no driver. I just love seeing cool things come together. It has all the parts and power potential to be one of the absolute fastest Marauders in the world no doubt.

Todd
02-04-2009, 08:15 PM
One other thing. Could you post interior Panther pictures if you don't mind I'll love to see that panther's interior.

I will try to take pics tomorrow. But the interior is beautiful. Kariamack has been in the car. Maybe he will comment (suffice until I get pics).

Raudermaster
02-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Wow Todd I can't believe you're selling it! Good luck with the sale, beautiful car.

Zack
02-05-2009, 07:15 AM
I have a Mach 1 with a built motor and a brand new turbo kit minus the turbo Id trade + cash for you car.

Im drooling up here!

CKMustangCobra
02-05-2009, 08:12 AM
That MM is so nice I came in my shorts and punched my wife in the face at the same time.

Zack
02-05-2009, 09:46 AM
That MM is so nice I came in my shorts and punched my wife in the face at the same time.

:rofl: :banana2:

offroadkarter
02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Actually I wouldnt be totally against a part trade. Dont know what I would consider. But I needed to move the Marauder to make physical room. New car needs the spot in the garage. The daily driver (a large suv with roof rack) will not even fit in the garage so it is in the turn around spot in driveway. One more car (keeping the marauder) means something is in the street and that cant happen.

Hopefully whoever buys it will do the retune and run it. I am no driver. I just love seeing cool things come together. It has all the parts and power potential to be one of the absolute fastest Marauders in the world no doubt.

Unless you want my DTR or a 1994 explorer, i dont think i have anything that interests you :P

Good luck with the sale todd, send it to a good home :)

Joe Walsh
02-05-2009, 05:30 PM

Lucky you didn't punch yourself in the shorts and......err....never mind.

BTW: That is THE nicest hood mod I have seen on a Marauder!
The whole engine build is incredible....:bows:

stryker
02-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Wow Todd I can't believe you're selling it! Good luck with the sale, beautiful car.:cool: Not just beautyful RAUDERMASTER but !!WAESOME!!

Mest30
02-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I'll trade you my Marauder and Zack's Mach 1 for it.

Got Diesel?
02-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Very beautiful car with a host of awesome parts

I don't mean any disrespect but is it (in its' current state) a driver... you listed alot of "needs" but if one were to make a offer on it and want to pick it up could it be driven across the country with out issues?

Thanks and good luck!!

Zack
02-13-2009, 12:37 PM

I don't mean any disrespect but is it (in its' current state) a driver... you listed alot of "needs" but if one were to make a offer on it and want to pick it up could it be driven across the country with out issues?

Thanks and good luck!!

He cant answer that question, a brand new car could have issues.

DTRMiguel
02-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Im selling my car for 16k if someone buys it. Ill be in touch ;)

Got Diesel?
02-13-2009, 04:39 PM
He cant answer that question, a brand new car could have issues.

He talked about it getting hot, and fan fitment problems both having a direct issue with driving it.

If I wanted sarcasm I would have a conversation with my girlfriend....

Thanks Prof. Obvious

Todd
02-13-2009, 04:40 PM

Thanks and good luck!!

None taken. It is a legitimate question.

It is a new combo. Only driven a little bit of break in miles and then some local trips to see how it did. But I have also driven it to and from work a good bit. It IS a driver.

But driving across country would be a gamble with any 'project' car. Especially one this heavily modified. I wouldnt want to put thousands of miles on it because I have way, way, way to much money in it. But it was built right. There was NOTHING done half azzed so it would be as good as any other heavily modified car out there.

I made sure in my ad to detail everything it needs. The car needs a better fan set up to run a/c without warming the car up. The fan in there does a great job of keeping the car itself cool even on the hottest days in Florida..... But add a/c and 90+ degree high humidity days and it struggles. No doubt. My solution will be (if I dont sell the car) to put a fan shroud from a company called 'Universal Parts Inc' I believe on ebay. They make a aluminum very thin shroud with 2 Spal fans that fits our stock sized radiators almost perfectly. It doesn't flow much more than the one on there now but will cover the radiator better. Then put 1 or a couple Spal or Derale pusher fans in front on the condenser to have adequate air flow across it. Or as I mentioned in the ad, one could accomplish the same thing by pushing the radiator further forward and running a higher flow puller on the engine side which would pull across the condenser. Either would work.

The mass air tuning fix I mentioned doesnt effect driveability either except for the quick off throttle situation i mentioned. Regular driving shows no side affects. But I wanted 1000% up front honesty so there are no surprises at all.

If you guys only knew how much I have in the car..... And relative to the price I am asking..... Trucking the car anywhere would still leave you so far ahead of the game.

Joe Walsh
02-13-2009, 04:46 PM

It is a new combo. Only driven a little bit of break in miles and then some local trips to see how it did. But I have also driven it to and from work a good bit. It IS a driver.

But driving across country would be a gamble with any 'project' car. Especially one this heavily modified. I wouldnt want to put thousands of miles on it because I have way, way, way to much money in it. But it was built right. There was NOTHING done half azzed so it would be as good as any other heavily modified car out there.

I made sure in my ad to detail everything it needs. The car needs a better fan set up to run a/c without warming the car up. The mass air tuning fix I mentioned doesnt effect driveability either except for the quick off throttle situation i mentioned. Regular driving shows no side affects. But I wanted 1000% up front honesty so there are no surprises at all.

If you guys only knew how much I have in the car..... And relative to the price I am asking..... Trucking the car anywhere would still leave you so far ahead of the game.

I've been looking at your Marauder, and it is almost exactly what my ultimate Marauder would be!
I have a good idea of how much $$$ you've put into your ride and I can appreciate how tough it must be to sell it so cheap.

I'd almost want to sell my built N/A Marauder so that I can buy your sweet Marauder.
I've been thinking about it a lot.

Got Diesel?
02-13-2009, 04:47 PM

I made sure in my ad to detail everything it needs. The car needs a better fan set up to run a/c without warming the car up. The mass air tuning fix I mentioned doesnt effect driveability either except for the quick off throttle situation i mentioned. Regular driving shows no side affects. But I wanted 1000% up front honesty so there are no surprises at all.

Thanks for the candid response

Any prospective buyer wouldn't drive the car across the country, I used it as a extreme example. You wrote of cooling issues and just needed some elaboration on that.

Thanks

ImpalaSlayer
02-13-2009, 04:48 PM
I've been looking at your Marauder, and it is almost exactly what my ultimate Marauder would be!
I have a good idea of how much $$$ you've put into your ride and I can appreciate how tough it must be to sell it so cheap.

I'd almost want to sell my built N/A Marauder so that I can buy your sweet Marauder.

lets trade b4 you do that Joe! seriously!

Todd
02-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the candid response

Any prospective buyer wouldn't drive the car across the country, I used it as a extreme example. You wrote of cooling issues and just needed some elaboration on that.

Thanks

No problem. I added a little more details to my response to clarify more. Hopefully that helps even more.

I knew what you meant about driving across country. No worries.

Todd
02-13-2009, 05:00 PM

Thanks Joe. I appreciate the compliments...

NTHE10s
02-22-2009, 08:57 AM
TTT

PM sent.

Rich

Todd
02-22-2009, 03:03 PM
TTT

PM sent.

Rich

Got it Rich. Thanks.

I responded.

mgmsleeper
02-22-2009, 10:24 PM
i've seen the car seen it ride... love it! good luck if i sold my 72 it'll be MINE

Bradley G
02-23-2009, 06:37 AM
There's no mention of a first born.:P
I'll trade you my Marauder and Zack's Mach 1 for it.

Master
02-23-2009, 06:47 AM
I just feel kind of sad that one of the pioneers is considering moving on. Also, that hood is the FINEST piece of subtle, quality work that I've seen. How much for just the hood? ;)

juno
02-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Todd,

Best of luck with the sale! I can't thank you enough for the guidance when I installed my PTK kit!

Folks,

I have the stock turbo and it is quite the experience to drive. Todd's car is completely over the top!
The turbo kit itself is the ultimate sleeper and makes a great daily driver.
He has been forthright with the few issues he has to make the kit perfect.
If someone wants to take the time, they will have an incredibly fast Marauder.
I hope she goes to a good home!

Mest30
02-23-2009, 11:19 AM
There's no mention of a first born.:P

Offering that in the trade might get me in trouble. But, if anyone has any Marauder parts and may be interested, we can take it to PMs!

jimlam56
02-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Todd,

Best of luck with the sale! I can't thank you enough for the guidance when I installed my PTK kit!

Folks,

I have the stock turbo and it is quite the experience to drive. Todd's car is completely over the top!
The turbo kit itself is the ultimate sleeper and makes a great daily driver.
He has been forthright with the few issues he has to make the kit perfect.
If someone wants to take the time, they will have an incredibly fast Marauder.
I hope she goes to a good home!
I agree Jay!
Good luck with the sale Todd, and keep us informed on your next project. Hard to top this MM though.
Jim

magindat
02-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I've done work on and ridden in this car. Frankly, it's so strong I was scared to drive it.

It's true all it needs is some cooling help and it's ready. Good luck keeping the rear tires stuck, too!

It's a super clean car and Todd takes supreme almost anal good care of it. He's very honest and very thorough.

His asking price pales in comparison to the investment.

Good luck, Todd. Keep in touch!

ridinclean
02-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Wow Todd, Wow. I hate to see you actually selling your Marauder. What a price too. We have all been waiting and waiting for this beast to be at its full potential. Well...I wish you the best of luck with selling and moving on to the next thing but good luck topping this.

Man I wish my car was already paid off. I'd buy this from you in a Heartbeat!

Todd
02-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks again guys for all the compliments. I appreciate it.

Todd
03-01-2009, 06:27 PM
A couple people asked for pictures of the inside. Didnt get a chance to vacuum it. So this is non-vaccumed. But you get the drift.

Todd
03-01-2009, 06:30 PM
A couple more...

ImpalaSlayer
03-01-2009, 06:46 PM
whats there to vaccume? :eek:

CanadaMarauder
03-01-2009, 06:55 PM
LOVE THE HOOD! Good luck on the sale beautiful car...

offroadkarter
03-02-2009, 11:51 AM
that interior is mint! are you SURE that car has 40k miles!?

chris.k
03-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Im very interested.It's been over a year since i sold my #1 reinhart sc install.IM ready for another .This car is amazing.Sending you pm.Have cash and ready to talk.Thanks

magindat
03-11-2009, 05:29 AM
that interior is mint! are you SURE that car has 40k miles!?

Dude, it's so mint, I laid towels on everything as I was doin' the stereo work.

There's not a single scuff or mark in the leather.

I haven't read Todd's details above, so apologies if this is redundant.

I believe all that's truly needed to finish the car is a custom radiator shroud. There's a fan, but I don't think it pulls enough air over the radiator. There's very little space between the turbo and the radiator. So, I think a creative custom shroud and a good volume fan would finish the car. I had a design idea for Todd which we discussed, but never quite got around to drawing out and getting done.

Steve at Reinhart Automotive has done gobs of work on my car and I would trust any of his work, including Todd's car.

This whole car is just a good package. I wish I could own it.

Oh yeah, and you'll need to get some big rubber out back!

Best of luck, Todd. As you know, I hate to see ya sell, but I understand you're ready for the next project!

tjl006
03-11-2009, 05:33 AM
Chris K. looking to have the top Marauder on the block again?:D

00SVT
03-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Damn that is one sick Car. If only I had the truck sold and the money to buy that. Good luck with the sale, someone is going to get a very clean and quick ride.

chris.k
03-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Yes i will.I also have a chance to buy back my sc marauder i sold last year.i have a huge choice to make.Im really bending towards todd's turbo mm.Well i guess we have to wait and see what happens.TO BE CONT........

tjl006
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Chris I hope you buy either one of them. But there just something about a turbo marauder that... :burnout:

Todd
03-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Im very interested.It's been over a year since i sold my #1 reinhart sc install.IM ready for another .This car is amazing.Sending you pm.Have cash and ready to talk.Thanks

Got your pm. I called you back and left a message.

Todd
03-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Dude, it's so mint, I laid towels on everything as I was doin' the stereo work.

There's not a single scuff or mark in the leather.

I haven't read Todd's details above, so apologies if this is redundant.

I believe all that's truly needed to finish the car is a custom radiator shroud. There's a fan, but I don't think it pulls enough air over the radiator. There's very little space between the turbo and the radiator. So, I think a creative custom shroud and a good volume fan would finish the car. I had a design idea for Todd which we discussed, but never quite got around to drawing out and getting done.

Steve at Reinhart Automotive has done gobs of work on my car and I would trust any of his work, including Todd's car.

This whole car is just a good package. I wish I could own it.

Oh yeah, and you'll need to get some big rubber out back!

Best of luck, Todd. As you know, I hate to see ya sell, but I understand you're ready for the next project!

Thanks Rich. I appreciate the compliments. And definitely all your help with the car and advice.

I will post pics if I can work out getting the car I have narrowed it down to. I may not be able to work it out though. Timing and price will have to be just right. And I think I missed the boat as car prices are starting to climb back up to where they were about a year ago. So I may have to start going to second or third on my list.

Todd
03-13-2009, 07:32 AM
I added a note at the top of the ad about potential payment alternative.

I will be purchasing a new watch for my collection soon. They are not cheap. So if someone wanted to stretch the payments out a little bit on a credit card/amex/etc and then get a loan for the rest, let me know.

ctrlraven
03-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Straight up trade for a 2006 Ford F-350 Amarillo diesel? :lol:
Has every option besides roof clearance lights plus some small cosmetic aftermarket parts.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF24941280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF24941280x768.jpg)h ttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF24971280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF24971280x768.jpg)h ttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF24991280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF24991280x768.jpg)h ttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF25001280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF25001280x768.jpg)h ttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF25031280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF25031280x768.jpg)h ttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF25051280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF25051280x768.jpg)

Let me know when I can pick the black beast up. :lol:

Too bad you can't take it to the Barret Jackson auto auction in Palm Springs to see what it would fetch, with a reserve on it of course.

NO5.0
03-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Whats your number? have a few questions. thanks

magindat
03-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Has every option besides roof clearance lights plus some small cosmetic aftermarket parts.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF24941280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF24941280x768.jpg)h ttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF24971280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF24971280x768.jpg)h ttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF24991280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF24991280x768.jpg)h ttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF25001280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF25001280x768.jpg)h ttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF25031280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF25031280x768.jpg)h ttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/th_DSCF25051280x768.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/06%20F350/?action=view&current=DSCF25051280x768.jpg)

Too bad you can't take it to the Barret Jackson auto auction in Palm Springs to see what it would fetch, with a reserve on it of course.

I would take that trade for mines.

Todd
03-13-2009, 11:02 AM

Actually I would probably consider that. But I already have a large vehicle. I got a hummer (h2) for daily driver. But those 350's are awesome!!!!

281cammer
03-19-2009, 05:36 AM
TTT. That is a Bad Machine right there!!

Todd
04-13-2009, 07:21 AM
Still for sale. Lots of tire kickers.

Todd
06-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Top. Havent been here in a while.

offroadkarter
06-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Just keep it todd! :D

HusH
06-09-2009, 07:49 PM
your not into charity are you?

lol worth a shot

Glockafella
06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
MAn, that truck trade would be more than fair IMHO

CKMustangCobra
06-10-2009, 09:04 AM
I'll give it a good foster home until a new home can be found.

Todd
06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Just keep it todd! :D

I know man. I am thinking about it. Where could I buy another 700-800hp and tq vehicle for just over 20k??? And include almost $6000 in stereo, $2000 custom hood, the motor and trans with tons and tons of money in both of them, etc..... No where.

I just dont drive it that often. And have another car in mind. But cant have all of them!!!

Todd
06-10-2009, 12:14 PM
MAn, that truck trade would be more than fair IMHO

You're right..... That trade would be very fair....

I wish I had a need for it.

Unfortunately I would just be trading to resell the truck (which may be better if I could sell it easier than the Marauder). I do not want to sell the Marauder to just anyone. It has to be someone who will appreciate it and do the right thing with it.

If it was another vehicle I wouldnt care and just put it on autotrader. Which is why I have only advertised the Marauder here.

Glockafella
06-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Did you have the intake powdercoated black?

Would be willing to swap with my stock intake + CASH?

Todd
06-11-2009, 07:02 AM
Did you have the intake powdercoated black?

Would be willing to swap with my stock intake + CASH?

Yep, I spent a lot of time sandblasting that upper and powdercoated it with the help of a friend of mine that had a gun.

I appreciate the offer but I dont want to pull it off. It should be really cheap to powdercoat something that small. It only used maybe 3/4 teaspoon of powder.

Kennyrauder
06-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I realise the expense ..... I finished my 5754 03 Marauder. Lidio Tune 425 RWHP I won't waste anyones time reading what I put into my Marauder. Call me 705 264 0234. 42K miles pristine never raced. Asking 25K CDN.Call Gregg Ash for references.

LOWBUCKMM
06-13-2009, 06:37 PM
if i could sell my marauder for the price i owe on it i would. just to buy this car.

Vortech347
06-14-2009, 11:34 AM
I realise the expense ..... I finished my 5754 03 Marauder. Lidio Tune 425 RWHP I won't waste anyones time reading what I put into my Marauder. Call me 705 264 0234. 42K miles pristine never raced. Asking 25K CDN.Call Gregg Ash for references.

WTF? you hi-jacked someone's classified with your own?! :flamer::mad2:

sd8683
06-14-2009, 01:44 PM
WTF? you hi-jacked someone's classified with your own?! :flamer::mad2:

Haha I was thinking the same thing! But then I said to myself......... Him posting that in Todds for sale thread makes Todds car look like a bargain! $25,000 Canadien?!?!?!? Guy must be high as a kite on gorilla glue!

Todd
07-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Top.....

Am thinking about trading it now for something else I could sell. But cash talks.

kariamack
07-29-2009, 07:46 AM
save it for meeeeee. i could be ready by the end of the year...so i can have two T marauders lol ..but if not good luck with the sell..and what would you be willing to trade

mjrcarnut
08-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Top.....

Am thinking about trading it now for something else I could sell. But cash talks.

Hmm What would you want to trade for? I've got a 73 Plymouth cuda I'm going to sell.. :D

bob6364
08-06-2009, 04:22 AM
That car is wonderful.....good luck.If I wheren't paying for my oldest sons car atm(long story :( ) you and I would b taking....

Bradley G
08-06-2009, 06:38 PM
You may have made it too Flippin' fast! WE NEED A BUYER WITH BIG CAJONES :P

Top.....

Kennyrauder
08-06-2009, 07:30 PM
You have gone so far with this! Don't run out of gas....Finish your car..see the end result.And a whole lot more money in your pocket.

Todd
08-31-2009, 06:31 AM
I am getting close to trading for a car that is only worth about $19-19.5k.

If someone wanted to buy the car soon, I would drop down to $19.5 if it went fast.

I also have found the solutions to the fan issue. I have the part numbers of 2 fans and a fan controller that will fit and will work perfectly. All you have to do it order them.

blazen71
08-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Somebody please buy this car!!!! You'll never be able to build the same car for 19.5k.

cougar9150
08-31-2009, 10:33 AM
You may have made it too Flippin' fast! WE NEED A BUYER WITH BIG CAJONES :P

That was my problem. I kicked the tires and finally decided it scared the crap out me to use as a daily driver. Hindsight is 20/20 though I would have been better of with this insane scary beast than the car I am sinking a ton of money into just to make it run right. At least the money for the cooling stuff would be for a good reason and not because it is broke like half the crap on my new ride.

This is a superb car and someone should definitely snatch it up at this price. I regret I didn't at the old price.

Todd
08-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Somebody please buy this car!!!! You'll never be able to build the same car for 19.5k.

Yeah, what he said!!!!

In all seriousness, I have well over double what I am asking in the car. I hate to admit I spent that much. And then now selling it for this cheap. But I tend to get the pleasure of putting them together and then move on to the next project. This is unfortunately the case here. Doesnt make financial sense but thats me.

The only money someone would have to spend is 2 SPAL fans and a SPAL fan controller. I found them on Ebay for just over $100 each. But from SPAL directly they are around $150 each. Then get their fan controller which was on ebay for under $100 and you are done. Thats it.

O's Fan Rich
08-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Todd your car is certainly a one of a kind.

If I was starting over, and knew the money I'd spend on mine, I'd be writing the check to you now.

You may be better off advertising it on other sites......
No matter who would buy it, they will never treat it like you, so try to get all you can for it.

Todd
09-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I may have to do that. I really wanted to sell it to someone who was 'into' the car like guys from the site. But I may just sacrifice her to the wolves. I have other plans that are being held up due to lack of room.

LOWBUCKMM
09-25-2009, 04:50 PM
do you still have it. i would sell my car just so i can buy yours. i cant stop thinking about buying your car cause i want to turbo mine. but why if i can buy one thats already done.

Todd
09-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Yes, it's still available. Contact me by pm and we can talk.

Todd
10-13-2009, 04:31 PM
top... I still havent posted the car anywhere else or traded. I have narrowed my car list to 2 models, and maybe one specific car.

Also, I understand some of the transmission parts I have in this from Lentech are no longer available on their own. You have to buy their $3000+ trans to get them. This trans is built like a tank.

offroadkarter
10-29-2009, 08:41 AM
top... I still havent posted the car anywhere else or traded. I have narrowed my car list to 2 models, and maybe one specific car.

Also, I understand some of the transmission parts I have in this from Lentech are no longer available on their own. You have to buy their $3000+ trans to get them. This trans is built like a tank.

You might want to start advertising this car on other sites.... I think one marauder has gone from one member to another in the past year in the for sale section.

Post it up on SVTP, i saw carfixer has his DTR listed there to.

ctrlraven
10-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Can always throw it up on eBay.

GT500
10-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Dude thats a F@king sweet Marauder!! Well Good luck Seling the car.

Todd
11-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Just wanted to leave some new details on this thread. I have now put the car up elsewhere. But wanted to keep this thread updated.

I just got in over $600 worth of Spal fans, pwm controller and wiring kits for the car.

The car really only needed a single fan in front as a pusher. But I decided to go all the same brand fan for consistency. This will fix that heat in traffic issue plus some. I got 2 puller fans that pull over 3200cfm by themselves. And a pusher to go on the condenser that is 16inch and flows over 1700cfm. I also have a water temp housing that goes in the radiator hose by autometer coming and should be here tuesday or wednesday.

Also, I would even consider a very, very clean marauder plus cash as trade. Prefer 2004. And silver with charcoal int. I can sell the other Marauder locally for what someone could get financed for.

Undying1
11-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Still available? Got money and in clearwater fl

Todd
11-20-2009, 05:19 AM

Yes, it is still available. I do have one person talking about buying it but will be delayed a little while. I am working on 2 different trades with people but they are all pretty far away and logistics on handling paperwork and transporting the cars is kinda scaring me away. But I may still do one of the two.

But if you are serious, no one has made a deposit yet so....... Let me know. PM sent.

offroadkarter
11-20-2009, 06:02 PM
todd, just take my marauder and my bronco, and ill take yours :D

I hate seeing this thread keep popping back up... It keeps reminding me why i should have waited to buy a marauder :(

Todd
11-21-2009, 07:14 AM

I guess someone stole your money???? :coolman:

I hate tire kickers that dont respond to pm's.

frdwrnch
11-21-2009, 08:25 AM
I can not believe I had not seen this post before. I saw pictures of the hood a while back and that is a work of art, but I did not realize what was going to reside beneath it. This is a very impressive Marauder and I hope I get the opportunity to see it before it leaves FL.

Undying1
11-21-2009, 10:43 AM
In the process of talking my wife into it she scared I will kill myself in it......lol. But am very interested and I'm on a blackberry don't know how to get to my pms will have answer by fri.

Todd
11-21-2009, 12:12 PM
In the process of talking my wife into it she scared I will kill myself in it......lol. But am very interested and I'm on a blackberry don't know how to get to my pms will have answer by fri.

No problem. Was just hoping you werent one of the typical guys who post before thinking and then just ignore pm's after. Looks like you arent one of those guys.

Sorry for assuming you were. ( I just have had my fair share plus some of guys who are that way)

Talk to you then.

Todd
11-21-2009, 12:14 PM
I can not believe I had not seen this post before. I saw pictures of the hood a while back and that is a work of art, but I did not realize what was going to reside beneath it. This is a very impressive Marauder and I hope I get the opportunity to see it before it leaves FL.

We used to get together on the occasional Sunday morning to eat breakfast and talk cars. There were 4 or 5 of us that went. We havent done that in a long time.

More than willing to get together one day for lunch or a couple beers if you are ever up near jacksonville. Just pm me.

Todd
11-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Just a note to anyone considering the car. I can sell the car through a local car dealer (as a pass through sell) if it helps anyone get financed. I hear buying from a dealer helps.

So your bank can deal with the dealer.

Just an FYI.

Todd
11-23-2009, 11:40 AM
I got a question and wanted to answer it here in case anyone else was asking.

I have not installed the fans yet. But will this weekend most likely due to the long holiday weekend. Keep in mind, the fans were only needed to keep it a little cooler when running a/c sitting in traffic in hot weather. It isnt hot right now so not a pressing issue. I drive the car all the time. With a/c on.

And the exhaust is the turbo kit adapted to the back half of a kooks system. I had magnaflow stainless mufflers welded in for the straight through design. It has a pretty deep, rumbly (not a word, I know) sound. I would say as close to the textbook definition of a sleeper as you can get.

Todd
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM
todd, just take my marauder and my bronco, and ill take yours :D

I hate seeing this thread keep popping back up... It keeps reminding me why i should have waited to buy a marauder :(

If you have a 1970-1976 Bronco we may have a deal!!! I have been looking at the old broncos for the longest time. Have found a few but all have been beat to death or are restored and they want a mint for them.

Todd
11-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Well, another back out. Still for sale.

offroadkarter
11-25-2009, 01:53 PM
If you have a 1970-1976 Bronco we may have a deal!!! I have been looking at the old broncos for the longest time. Have found a few but all have been beat to death or are restored and they want a mint for them.

No, i got a 96 :(

lol damnit, oh well

Todd
11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Wish you had the old one bro..... I would love to get one of the old Broncos!

Custom2kGt
12-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm assuming you run high octane in this daily driver?!?!?! (D/FW Tx has questionable octane levels as I've sadly found....)

Todd
12-03-2009, 07:03 AM
I'm assuming you run high octane in this daily driver?!?!?! (D/FW Tx has questionable octane levels as I've sadly found....)

Nope... At this point it is tuned for 93 which is the premium fuel octane we have here in Florida. At a very safe a/f. (Not sure if high for your area would be 93 or were you talking about 100octane?)

Custom2kGt
12-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Good point. 93 is premium here as well.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
12-03-2009, 07:35 AM
I just wanted to add another WOW. That hood is amazing. It's the only good looking non stock hood I have seen on these cars, it's so subtle!!!

Todd
12-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Thanks man. The hood cost a small fortune. But it accomplished exactly what I wanted. And got me out of a pinch since I had to have more clearance due to the head port locations.

Subtle, extra clearance, ventilation, and looks good. And it is all metal. Not saying anything is wrong with fiberglass etc. I have had many of them on previous cars.

Todd
12-04-2009, 04:09 PM
I had never posted the dyno chart. Someone asked me for it so I am uploading here just in case anyone else wanted to see it.

I know it is only 10psi. But some folks like to see the numbers just to confirm. So thought I would post.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z68/t76turbo/Marauder/marauder_dyno.jpg

Glockafella
12-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Nice!!!!!!

Glockafella
12-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Heres mine out of the shop finally...but you can't have it.

Constable
12-07-2009, 02:21 AM
So, Todd... here I am sitting up in the middle of the night thinking about buying another Marauder. I log on to check the classifieds and BAM! Here's my ex for sale. Great job with it. Looks beautiful and the drivetrain is nothing short of spectacular.

Todd
12-07-2009, 09:21 AM
So, Todd... here I am sitting up in the middle of the night thinking about buying another Marauder. I log on to check the classifieds and BAM! Here's my ex for sale. Great job with it. Looks beautiful and the drivetrain is nothing short of spectacular.

And think, you could buy it back for cheaper than you sold it to me for but well over double that in it!!!!!

Good to see you on here man. Hope everything is well. I was thinking about you the other day.

Todd
12-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Heres mine out of the shop finally...but you can't have it.

Tease.....!

Looks great. Thats what I want.

tc4keith
12-07-2009, 12:20 PM
you dont have any dealer friends do ya?

Todd
12-07-2009, 01:07 PM
you dont have any dealer friends do ya?

Yes, I do.

In fact I think I put that as a note at the top of the ad. But I may have only done that at the other site I have the car at.

Constable
12-07-2009, 08:55 PM
And think, you could buy it back for cheaper than you sold it to me for but well over double that in it!!!!!

Good to see you on here man. Hope everything is well. I was thinking about you the other day.

That's exactly what I thought! My friends are all trying to talk me into buying it back, LOL.

I sold off my notches and am running a modded '01 Lightning now. Very fun ride, can't believe I've never had a power adder 'til now :)

bawazir
12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Omg! That is a mean power

Todd
12-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Someone that is considering buying the car wanted a video of the car running and a walk around. So thought I would post it here since I created the account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOFyEFHJoqQ

Glockafella
12-09-2009, 04:00 PM
That hood is so sleeper.

mgmsleeper
12-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Someone that is considering buying the car wanted a video of the car running and a walk around. So thought I would post it here since I created the account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJjXnY61mN4

it says video removed

Todd
12-30-2009, 12:02 PM
it says video removed

I removed the video.

The person who was interested in the car was able to look at it.

mgmsleeper
12-30-2009, 08:43 PM
I removed the video.

The person who was interested in the car was able to look at it.

kool. if my suit money comes in time it'll be a great gift to own that car i still have not gave up. the loss of the MGM forces me to get a basic MM for now ...something is better then nothing

Todd
12-31-2009, 12:01 PM
I understand. I figured something happened when you didn't call me.

Todd
01-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Anyone want to make an offer???

I have already passed on a couple cars because this is still in the garage.

LOWBUCKMM
01-14-2010, 07:55 PM
i still want it. but im in the same boat as you. need to sell a marauder to get a new car.