PDA

View Full Version : DTR: dealer lot, eastlake OH

a_d_a_m
02-02-2009, 05:59 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/inview/detail.jsp?dealer_id=38388797&dealership_view_name=dbmotors&ct=u&car_id=257902422

i'm going to look at it tomorrow. if you're thinking about buying this car, i'll look it over for you.

Blk Mamba
02-03-2009, 12:34 AM
I thought we just talked yesterday, how we don't like the DTR's, something about that grandmas marquise, look.

a_d_a_m
02-03-2009, 12:45 AM
i don't particularly care for DTR's, but for the sake of the misguided member here who thinks that's the best color :P i went and looked TONIGHT.

it's been sitting for awhile, as all the other cars are cleared off and this one still has snow on it. but it looks pretty damn clean. no visible exterior or interior mods to it.

if it runs as good as it looks, i'd say 11k would be a pretty decent deal for it.

Blk Mamba
02-03-2009, 12:53 AM
I was trying to get some DTR owner to start crying, you know who.

rayjay
02-03-2009, 06:34 AM
That is a cheap price for a DTR with fairly low miles for being 5 yrs old. Book price is considerably higher. If anyone is interested they should contact Brian with the VIN. Its not a salvage title is it?

a_d_a_m
02-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Its not a salvage title is it?

not as far as i can tell.

+1 on having RoyLPita run an OASIS.
if it all checks out good, i will go up there and watch them cold start the car, and then take it for a spin and shake it down. hell, if it stops snowing, i might just do it today because it's something to do.

and should you decide to get it, and fly into town, i will come pick you up at the airport. i am not affiliated with the dealer, but if it's in the interest of someone getting a new (or another) panther, i am happy to help out any way i can.

besides, it can be a mini-meet.

a_d_a_m
02-03-2009, 11:46 AM
WOW.

remind me to never look at a car in the dark again! this was the WORST marauder i have ever seen in my life!

-the engine is knocking
-the rims are all clean, except they all have curb rash (wtf?)
-looks like someone tried stealing the passenger side airbag
-interior is filthy beyond belief
-large gap between the hood and header panel

i wouldn't be surprised if it had been wrecked.

Blk Mamba
02-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Sounds like the DTR that was across the street a year, & a half ago, it was terrible. But it is still a MM.

a_d_a_m
02-03-2009, 12:08 PM
to be honest, i wouldn't pay 6k for it...

Blk Mamba
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Well it's off to work I go...., and yes I am Grumpy.

hot-rauder
02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
its a DTR... none of them are nice :rofl:

offroadkarter
02-03-2009, 01:11 PM
WOW.

remind me to never look at a car in the dark again! this was the WORST marauder i have ever seen in my life!

-the engine is knocking
-the rims are all clean, except they all have curb rash (wtf?)
-looks like someone tried stealing the passenger side airbag
-interior is filthy beyond belief
-large gap between the hood and header panel

i wouldn't be surprised if it had been wrecked.

welcome to my world, if it isnt in bright sunny clear day light, then you cant see what it looks like...

Another DTR down the crapper :(

a_d_a_m
02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
fixed it for ya:

Another DTR down the crapper :D

(just kidding, calm down)

rayjay
02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Any MM that is not a garage/trailer queen will not be perfect. My DTR looked as good as new after being repaired from the deer incident enroute to Carlisle last June. Not even ten days later I got two good sized chips in the paint at a automated car wash in Garden City, SC :mad2: Just a fact of life, if you drive it it will not be perfect... FastMerc from OH excepted, his car is gorgeous!

Merc-O-matic
02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
I thought we just talked yesterday, how we don't like the DTR's, something about that grandmas marquise, look.

And SILVER is the grandpa's marquis look!:flamer:

Gotta Love It!

a_d_a_m
02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Any MM that is not a garage/trailer queen will not be perfect.
agreed, but there is an acceptable level of flaws in a daily-driven car.

this car was over the top. like someone lived in it, and let their german shepherd chew on things.

a_d_a_m
02-03-2009, 03:34 PM
And SILVER is the grandpa's marquis look!:flamer:

Gotta Love It!

AL!
i hear it's only 60 degrees in certain parts of florida, pretty soon the snow's gonna start flying! hope you brought a winter coat.....

rayjay
02-03-2009, 03:56 PM
AL!
i hear it's only 60 degrees in certain parts of florida, pretty soon the snow's gonna start flying! hope you brought a winter coat.....

Its been warm here too, made it to 28 today :banana: shorts weather!

Merc-O-matic
02-03-2009, 04:01 PM
AL!

60 degrees...I wish. The temp. is going down to 28F tonite, and YES
they are calling for SNOW....No Joke! And you are right, we will be sleeping
in our heavy coats tonight. ( 3 dog Night)

Gotta Love It!

rayjay
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM

Gotta Love It!

Wow I guess I better call my inlaws and bust on em. They are near Venice, FL. I just looked, we will be 0 to -5 degrees F tonight... Like I said, 28 today was warm, took Otto for a long walk.

Merc-O-matic
02-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Wow I guess I better call my inlaws and bust on em. They are near Venice, FL. I just looked, we will be 0 to -5 degrees F tonight... Like I said, 28 today was warm, took Otto for a long walk.

In-laws would be better off if they were back in New York.....!
Houses down here aren't built for this kind of COLD.

Gotta Love It!

Brian H
02-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Where's Robert 96, 4 this ?

a_d_a_m
02-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Houses down here aren't built for this kind of COLD.

LOL!
my thermostat is set at - are you ready for this? - 54 degrees!
it feels tropical in here!

ImpalaSlayer
02-03-2009, 07:39 PM
hell i thin dtr is nicer then blue. saw a blue in person and almost fell asleep

a_d_a_m
02-03-2009, 08:18 PM
blue is nicer than DTR, especially when the DTR looks like a war zone.

sd8683
02-03-2009, 08:27 PM

Gotta Love It!

You better keep an eye on your pipes....... They might freeze! Keep your faucets at a steady drip.

Blk Mamba
02-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Al, how was ground hog day, cuddle up, and keep warm, it'll be summer soon.

knine
02-04-2009, 12:53 AM
hell i thin dtr is nicer then blue. saw a blue in person and almost fell asleep
you and I are gonna talk, buddy. :mad2:

Merc-O-matic
02-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Al, how was ground hog day, cuddle up, and keep warm, it'll be summer soon.

Ground Hog saw his shadow down here.....Bummer!

rayjay
02-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Ground Hog saw his shadow down here.....Bummer!

Uhm, 6 weeks more would make for a short winter here... Normally lasts right into April, to a certain extent. I've seen too many 4th week of March look like 2nd week of January. I'm praying it only goes 6 more weeks as our 1st storm was on 23 Oct 08.

Blk Mamba
02-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Uhm, 6 weeks more would make for a short winter here... Normally lasts right into April, to a certain extent. I've seen too many 4th week of March look like 2nd week of January. I'm praying it only goes 6 more weeks as our 1st storm was on 23 Oct 08.

I lived in the Rochester area growing up, I know how you feel, I've trick-or-treated in a foot of snow.

rayjay
02-04-2009, 10:07 AM
I lived in the Rochester area growing up, I know how you feel, I've trick-or-treated in a foot of snow.

Where? Thats my home town, family still lives there. Believe me, the weather in Roch is alot better than where I am.

Blk Mamba
02-04-2009, 11:00 AM
I lived in Fairport, during high school, and before that about 35 miles south of Batavia. We got the same storms that you get, we just got the snow from Lake Erie, and about 5 hours before.

I'm sorry this thread got hi-jacked. I thought I posted this about an hour ago, my mind is gone.

offroadkarter
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
you and I are gonna talk, buddy. :mad2:

he's lying, dont worry