PDA

View Full Version : Metal Matrix group buy

Dennis Reinhart
09-25-2003, 05:55 AM
While at Ennis Steve Babcock confirmed what I have said along why the Marauder is speed limited to 123 MPH and he told the group that at one time they had a MMDS for the car but because of cost cuts it was not added, so the car was set to shut down at 123 MPH he also stated the only safe way to run higher is the MMDS so I will offer a group buy, I did this for the Mark 8 club as well as the TCCOA, I need to buy 10 shafts min at a time to get a decent price on the shaft, all shafts are sent free ground UPS, so if the members here are interested please contact me. Normally these shafts sell for 525.00 I can offer them to the club for 478.00, I also have 10 rear sway bars I took to Ennis I would like to get rid of these so I dont have to ship them back and I will let these go for 200.00 each with free shipping.

Marauder57
09-25-2003, 06:41 AM
Dennis,

Put me down for one of the Drive Shafts......but I will shoot up there in the next couple weeks to have you put it on.....

SergntMac
09-25-2003, 06:52 AM
Great offer, Dennis, thanks!

Anyone with mods should pay attention here. Though you may not desire to cruise at 140, there's more to this than just curing a vibration problem. When you mod your MM, you're building power and forcing that through the drive train. The MM was built with limitations, and more power means more force against things not designed or intended to support that power, like U-joints and rear end gears. These things don't squeal any warning from pain, they just break, and when the do, they usually take other thing with them. There are a few simple mods you can do and do just once, to cap breakage from added power, and this is one of them.

For once, getting the shaft is a good thing.

Logan
09-25-2003, 06:55 AM
I loved my Matrix shaft on my first car, it smoothed out the vibrations in the drivetrain... I have to get one for the new beastie... :)

TAF
09-25-2003, 07:09 AM
Anyone that does NOT have both the shaft and the sway-bar...I could NOT recommend them any higher.

These are "must-do" mods. The driveshaft for this price adds TONS of "piece-of-mind"...and the rear sway-bar will eliminate ALL body roll with no effect to any "harshness" in the handling.

I wish I could have gotten these prices...take advantage of them NOW!!!!

Mikeenh
09-25-2003, 07:13 AM
Dennis,
Put me down for a shaft. Got the sway bar already.

Logan
09-25-2003, 08:56 AM
GROUP BUY INSTRUCTIONS

In order to participate in this group buy, it is being co-ordinated via the mercurygallery.net online store.

Please follow the following instructions to ensure prompt handling of your order.

To purchase go to the Online Store (http://www.mercurygallery.net/store) and locate the shaft or swaybar.

To purchase, do NOT pay via paypal! Select "Check/Money Order" and in the comments section, include your credit card number and expiry date or optionally, indicate your form of payment. Your card will be charged by Reinhart automotive, NOT mercurygallery.net

Also, there are NO shipping charges on this group buy, so please ignore the shipping charges indicated, they will NOT be charged.

If you prefer, you can call in your card number and expiry date to me at 972-444-2901 and leave a message.

Racerx88
09-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Just ordered one of the sway bars. Can't wait to get it. Thanks Dennis!

lotusstv
09-25-2003, 10:13 AM
I just ordered a sway bar also. A great deal at 200.00.

Lotusstv

Black 300A
Reinhardt Chip
4.10 gears
Tranny gauge
Mcgard wheel locks
Tinted windows

Constable
09-25-2003, 10:57 AM
GREAT!!! I'm getting both!!

SheboyganGuy
09-25-2003, 11:34 AM
This online store thing is just toooooooooo darn convenient. One sway bar ordered! Thanks Dennis!!

And thanks Logan for setting up the store!!

RF Overlord
09-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Dennis said he had 10 sway bars left, and I count 4 orders so far...

COME ON!

There have GOT to be 6 more of you...I have it on good authority that this is a VERY GOOD price for this item, especially with free shipping...and you don't need to be ZACK to install it, either... ;) Hell, if I can do it myself, EVERY one of you can do it... :D

martyo
09-25-2003, 01:52 PM
At these prices I may have to buy another MM. These are "must haves" for those of you who weren't impulsive enough to buy them earlier (like me, Mac, Todd, ......).

gonzo50
09-25-2003, 02:02 PM
Just placed my order for both items, rear sway bar and metal matrix driveshaft, thanks Logan and Dennis for making everything so simple and easy, you Guys are great. :bows: :bounce: :rock: :banana2: :up:

Logan
09-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Actually we're already damn close to the ten orders... I think we're at 8 or 9 right now... :)

So get in on it before it disappears!!

Petrograde
09-25-2003, 04:35 PM
I just ordered a sway bar?... I hope! If there's any left!

I can powder coat that right?

TAF,.. I think you've created a monster! :lol:

Petrograde
09-25-2003, 04:57 PM
how many MMDS are there? I really want one, but, it'll take a few days to talk the wife into letting me have it! :rolleyes:

Logan
09-25-2003, 04:59 PM
I've got 8 people signed up for swaybars, 4 shafts. Well, make that 5 shafts. I need one too. :) Need to get to 10 of each before the orders will be placed/processed.

I don't think it's a problem if we go OVER 10, we just need to get to a number that's 10 or above and make sure everyone who wants in, gets in. :)

Dennis Reinhart
09-25-2003, 05:24 PM
We can order as many as we like we have to have ten min for better pricing

FLMARAUDER
09-25-2003, 05:43 PM
Dennis,

I will be in Orange Park middle of next week. Will call you in the a.m. with credit card number.

I'll take a MMDS, sway bar, plugs, stst, chip, and 4.10 gears. and underdrive pulleys.

Thanks

jgc61sr2002
09-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Dennis - That's a great deal. Is the drive shaft complete with yoke and universals? Ready to install. Thanks.

TAF
09-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by FLMARAUDER
Dennis,

I will be in Orange Park middle of next week. Will call you in the a.m. with credit card number.

I'll take a MMDS, sway bar, plugs, stst, chip, and 4.10 gears. and underdrive pulleys.

Thanks

Smart move^^^you'll drive home in a completely different...better car.

Originally posted by jgc61sr2002
Dennis - That's a great deal. Is the drive shaft complete with yoke and universals? Ready to install. Thanks.

John...Yes..it's complete...will take a good "wrench" with a rack about 5 minutes to install the driveshaft on a rack...10 minutes for the swaybar.

Dennis Reinhart
09-25-2003, 07:26 PM
Yes with new yoke and rear flange and dana spicer u joints.

This was the original made for the club.

These shafts are sent any where in the USA free UPS ground.

all drive shafts are balanced at a minimum of 6000 RPM

all drive shafts are balanced to under .25 oz - inches

all drive shaft run outs are to be with in .015

U Joint clearances are to be .002 0r less

all balance weights are fused welded to shaft tube

all drive shafts are rebalanced after welding

all drive shafts are manufactured with Dana Spicer parts

http://pstr-m05.ygpweb.aol.com/data/006/56/51/8B/9C/+Qh+Yo8sSMam50sOwrdr1bMQaNkFhb Sw0180.jpg

http://pstr-m05.ygpweb.aol.com/data/008/7C/E0/66/53/kvVvoU9ognpay-e9sAeI9yLrVgwFP2gV0180.jpg

Logan
09-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Let me summarize Dennis' last remarks...

"They rock. Buy one." :D

03SILVERSTREAK
09-25-2003, 09:01 PM
Just ordered my sway bar . will work my way up to the driveshaft.
:rolleyes: :D

Marauderman
09-26-2003, 04:42 AM
I too phoned in my order yesterday (25th) to Dennis for the sway bar....am re-fi my home to make repairs and hopefully have some more $$ for the shaft if it's still available......was it a 30 days sale ...starting when...?.....Oh well, .....My actions are currently controlled by these other conditions at the moment.....

Great prices though!!!.....Tom

darebren
09-26-2003, 05:40 AM
I'm in for 1 sway bar.

Dennis Reinhart
09-26-2003, 10:58 AM
I have ten sway bars here its no problem to get more but I need a minimum order to proceed witth the MMDS

joflewbyu2
09-26-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
While at Ennis Steve Babcock confirmed what I have said along why the Marauder is speed limited to 123 MPH and he told the group that at one time they had a MMDS for the car but because of cost cuts it was not added, so the car was set to shut down at 123 MPH he also stated the only safe way to run higher is the MMDS so I will offer a group buy, I did this for the Mark 8 club as well as the TCCOA, I need to buy 10 shafts min at a time to get a decent price on the shaft, all shafts are sent free ground UPS, so if the members here are interested please contact me. Normally these shafts sell for 525.00 I can offer them to the club for 478.00, I also have 10 rear sway bars I took to Ennis I would like to get rid of these so I dont have to ship them back and I will let these go for 200.00 each with free shipping. I BELIEVE THE MM'S TOP SPEED IS LIMITED AS A SAFEGUARD FOR THE AUTO TRANNY. the 2003 ford mustang mach 1 basically has the same engine as the MM. with the auto tranny, top speed is limited to 126 mph. in the 5 speed manual model, the top speed is much higher - tested at 150+ mph in several magazines. ironic how the auto is limited at a much lower speed. most likely to keep the tranny temps down.

Mongoose
09-26-2003, 06:16 PM
Dennis,

How soon will you order drive shafts?
Are these off the shelf or made to order?
What's estimated date of delivery?
Are you going to give an order cut-off date?
Will they be shipped to you and then to buyers?

The reason I ask is that I'll be in your area on or about 10/8 would like to put one on will-call. I would have sent you a PM but I thought others might have the same questions.

Thanks,
Charlie

Logan
09-26-2003, 06:20 PM
We just hit the minimum order for everything this afternoon, I submitted the group buy to him and the orders will be placed on Monday...

So if anyone plans on getting in on it, Do so this weekend or very early next week pls.

Dennis Reinhart
09-26-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by joflewbyu2@aol.
I BELIEVE THE MM'S TOP SPEED IS LIMITED AS A SAFEGUARD FOR THE AUTO TRANNY. the 2003 ford mustang mach 1 basically has the same engine as the MM. with the auto tranny, top speed is limited to 126 mph. in the 5 speed manual model, the top speed is much higher - tested at 150+ mph in several magazines. ironic how the auto is limited at a much lower speed. most likely to keep the tranny temps down.

Well you can believe what ever you want, aparently you know more than the Marauder project manager since he told every one at our dinner this was the reason why, not the transmission. And Jerry tested the car back in 2001 with a MMDS and the car ran over a 140 MPH with no transmission problems, this is is not meant as flame to you, I just dont post any thing with out being sure of my facts, so again you have your opininon I have my facts.

joflewbyu2
09-26-2003, 06:37 PM
care to explain why the speed is limited in the auto mach 1 at a much lower speed than the manual? same drive shaft in both?

joflewbyu2
09-26-2003, 06:39 PM
i had my MM many times above 110 mph with the stock shaft with ABSOLUTELY no vibration - smooth as glass.

Dennis Reinhart
09-26-2003, 06:47 PM
Sure what happens when you get avbove 123 MPH the shaft reaches critical drive line speed when that happens the shaft actualy will flex, this can cause damage to the transmissions rear tail shaft, the MMDS is ballanced to 6000 RPM no other company does this, I had Dynotech build this shaft for the Marauder just like I did for the Mark 8 and Thunderbird

joflewbyu2
09-26-2003, 06:47 PM
you would think if FMC tossed the cheap steel drive shaft for a more expensive aluminum shaft like the police CV - they might of sprang a tad more for the MMDS?

RCSignals
09-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Since this group buy was based on quantity and not time, will you continue it for more groups of 10 ?

CRUZTAKER
09-26-2003, 08:00 PM
Dennis:

I am in for the sway bar. I'll call you direct on Monday.

PS: Very nice to meet you finally. And BTW, you are just as busy in person as you are in person. Thanks for your patience.

Petrograde
09-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Cruztaker:
"Cleveland- the best location in the nation"

is Big Chuck and Little John still on the air?

off topic! I know sorry!

bostonmarauder
09-27-2003, 04:37 AM
this is probably a stupid question, but..... If you get the good driveshaft you still have to do something else to get the car to be able to go faster than 123? Right? Besides pressing the gas pedal down further I mean..LOL

martyo
09-27-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by bostonmarauder
this is probably a stupid question, but..... If you get the good driveshaft you still have to do something else to get the car to be able to go faster than 123? Right? Besides pressing the gas pedal down further I mean..LOL

Yep. You will need to chip or flash the PCM. That's why god invented Dennis Reinhart!

Dennis Reinhart
09-27-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by bostonmarauder

Thats the easy part its called STAGE ONE

valleyman
09-27-2003, 02:29 PM
Just ordered the sway bar and drive shaft. Logan and Dennis, thank you for making this so efficient and cost-effective. Everybody else on this site, thank you for your knowledge and for sharing it in language that is simple enough for a lawyer to understand.

RCSignals
09-27-2003, 04:37 PM
valleyman Welcome! You've found the right place.
(BTW, a couple of other lawyers found us too :eek:)

jgc61sr2002
09-27-2003, 05:33 PM
valleyman - Welcome to the MM site. You will like it here. :D

gonzo50
09-27-2003, 06:46 PM
Welcome valleyman, I see you already getting started with the mods, you came to the right place at the right time, one mod leads to another, ect. ect. ect.. Happy motoring ! :D

Marauderman
09-29-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by marauderman
I too phoned in my order yesterday (25th) to Dennis for the sway bar....am re-fi my home to make repairs and hopefully have some more $$ for the shaft if it's still available......was it a 30 days sale ...starting when...?.....Oh well, .....My actions are currently controlled by these other conditions at the moment.....

Great prices though!!!.....Tom

Wife just called me AT 1:30 PM 29th and says my sway bar just arrived at the front door!! Gotta love it===Isn't that great response........Thanks Dennis.......

..HUh..How long is the shafe on sale till.....mabye I should go back and re-read----..Thanks....Tom

Logan
09-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Taking orders on shafts and sway bars until October 3rd at the above price. After that, back to retail pricing directly through Reinhart Auto.

Marauderman
09-29-2003, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by marauderman
[B]Wife just called me AT 1:30 PM 29th and says my sway bar just arrived at the front door!! Gotta love it===Isn't that great response........Thanks Dennis.......

Soon as I came home-- son-in-law saw Dennis's new sway bar out of the box and said lets per her on.....so we jumped on it pronto...took about 20 minutes....

Took my MM for a test drive --WOW--Thanks Dennis--What a difference!!---

On my test drive..... was looking for a place where I could test her "sway"......well it didn't take long....from a full stop out of a gas station I thought for starters a quick turn at a 90 degrees would be a safe good 1st test--well...turns out I had to almost floor it cause another car was coming faster than they should be
and.. ..well the sway bar held so tight to the road that I though I was about to continue left in the other lane ..had to correct quickly and thought--WOW--that is snug corning for sure!!..

Enough said--Had to rant--Glad to know its there if needed...the OEM compared is like a pretzel to a steel bar between your tires...
..( that's the first thing that came to mind-)..OK --unpaid ad is over----Get one if you don't have one---......Tom...

DetGeno
09-29-2003, 03:29 PM
Ordered my Sway bar today per good quality discussions with Dennis and Lidio in Ennis! It's all good!

Dennis Reinhart
09-29-2003, 03:29 PM
To Funny, here is the update all orders have been placed I had seven bars here they went out today, those seven should be delivered by Friday all MMDS come from Dynotech all shafts are made per customer so I will say 10 days on these, the rest of the sway bars come from the manufacture I placed those orders my self, again I want to thank all the members of this site for all that you do for me, I would have never believed a year ago I would be where I am at today, I SOLD THREE SC KITS TODAY, along with this group sale, I am now concentrating on getting my dyno with in 30 days and a new building with in six months. I am constanly trying to come up with other improvements for the Marauder.

Dennis A. Reinhart

SergntMac
09-29-2003, 03:37 PM
Dennis, you need to find a closed dealership, so we can use the sales floor for a combined showroom and Internet cafe. The body shop can be used for a Detail Center/hand wash, and the Parts room can be used to stock Ford Racing catalogue stuff, ala Anderson Ford here in Illinois. How's this for a brainstorm?

I'm going to retire and move to FLA!

jgc61sr2002
09-29-2003, 03:41 PM
Dennis - You are a true gentleman. Semper Fi.:up:

Dennis Reinhart
10-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Dynotech called me today all shafts have been sent out they also said they would hold this group buy open till next Wednesday

MERCMAN
10-01-2003, 12:10 PM
Has to be said, have to say it,,
I don't know anything about any other forums or car enthusiasts, but once again,, Logan,,, THANKS,, and DR,, what can be said but thanks for being as passionate about the MM as us "non-professionals" are. We are TRUELY fortunate to have you here to help guide, instruct, and inform the more ignorant such as I.

Mongoose
10-03-2003, 06:38 PM
Received my MMDS today. It's a beaut.
<b>THANKS DENNIS!!!</b>
Youdaman!:up:

Kelly
10-04-2003, 02:21 PM
I installed the new drive shaft today, and then took her out for a romp, smooth as glass. I used only had tools and got the job done in about 1/2 hour just had to fine a metric 12mm 12 point socket.

Petrograde
10-07-2003, 04:45 PM
woo-hoo!!!:up:

my freindly neihborhood UPS guy just dropped off my sway bar! So, soon it'll be going to the powder coaters with my other stuff! I can't wait!! I'm soooo tempted to put it on right now! patience ... patience ...

Tom

gonzo50
10-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Kelly
I installed the new drive shaft today, and then took her out for a romp, smooth as glass. I used only had tools and got the job done in about 1/2 hour just had to fine a metric 12mm 12 point socket.
Was there any pre-lube of the end that goes in the tailshaft, also did you use any type of loctite on the bolts ? Thanks. ;)

Logan
10-07-2003, 05:13 PM
Yes, Loctite the bolts an I didn't use any pre-lube on the tailshaft, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt...

Constable
10-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Mine just showed up!!! YeeHaaa!!! what lube would you guys recommend? Should I just smear a **light** coat of typical automotive grease on the new shaft?

Logan
10-08-2003, 10:16 AM
Putting my shaft on today... :D

AFSP13
10-08-2003, 02:18 PM
PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE SWAY BAR

Logan
10-08-2003, 03:21 PM
This group buy ended 10/08/2003 at 5pm EST.

You can call Dennis at Reinhart Automotive directly to purchase these products.