PDA

View Full Version : Soul for sale

Motorhead350
02-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Make me an offer.

:D

Merc4Hire
02-18-2009, 01:31 AM
Mileage? Mods? Clean Carfax? PM me your bottom line.
:lol:

Rocknthehawk
02-18-2009, 01:48 AM
will it make me dinner?

are you open to trades?

Motorhead350
02-18-2009, 02:38 AM
It will make dinner, it's dirty, but dependable. Mods include constant change to this idea of "life".

Will trade for cash or possible vintage car. ;)

Hacklemerc
02-18-2009, 03:15 AM
I got a half a bag of cheetohs and a flat half drank coke... trade ya even up for it.

CBT
02-18-2009, 04:51 AM
How about a scratched Metallica CD, some slightly used kitty litter, and a big ol' "good game" slap across the arse?

Hacklemerc
02-18-2009, 05:46 AM
I sense a bidding war.... I shall up my bid by one Twinkie (mint in wrapper)
and one crisp $1 bill.

TooManyFords
02-18-2009, 05:58 AM
$2, 4 skittles and some belly button lint...

Bigdogjim
02-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Dom I think it is already spoken for?

High-C
02-18-2009, 06:16 AM
How about you give ME $20 and I won't steal your soul... MUHHWAAAHHHAAAHHAAAHA.... :fire:

MERCMAN
02-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Dom I think it is already spoken for?

:stupid:

:rofl:

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Did you tell Zack your trying to sell his collateral?

knine
02-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Careful Dom, it didn't work so well for Bart.

duhtroll
02-18-2009, 08:17 AM
And we thought AJ was gone...

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 08:26 AM

:argue:
Dom is funny and does not pull up 5 year old posts and simply put two words on a thread to increase his post count, at least we know Dom is a real person and now that he has his flags more power to him!

But still, Dom I am sure Zack has a lein on your soul for all the work he has done on your call :burnout:

RR|Suki
02-18-2009, 08:29 AM

that avatar is great, where did you get it?

duhtroll
02-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Add to a thread or start a new one, same thing. This thread is about as useful as AJ's stuff was.

Dom is funny and does not pull up 5 year old posts and simply put two words on a thread to increase his post count, at least we know Dom is a real person and now that he has his flags more power to him!

But still, Dom I am sure Zack has a lein on your soul for all the work he has done on your call :burnout:

duhtroll
02-18-2009, 08:41 AM
I stole it from someone on another forum - forget where.

It does have a message.

that avatar is great, where did you get it?

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Dom is not malicious like AJ was, AJ made it a point to annoy others and wreck the site, Dom is just making jokes and I for one like it. Had AJ not tried to annoy people and purposely post two words that made no sense, purposely brought back 3 year old dead threads of certain people just to annoy them then maybe I would have liked him too, but as Joe Walsh would put it, Little Dom is playing nice in the sandbox so he can stay. Read this, this thread shows the difference
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=719236&postcount=20 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=719236&postcount=20)

rayjay
02-18-2009, 08:54 AM
This thread was funny. Why did this guy have to come up again?

http://www.peteykins.com/sparklepics3/CondiTroll.jpg

duhtroll
02-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Soooo...

Let me get this straight. AJ posted crap that was deliberately intended to annoy, but Dom is just posting crap without malicious intent?

So one monkey flinging poo is doing it to ruin your day, and the other is doing it just for fun?

Just want to clarify. :)

Dom is not malicious like AJ was, AJ made it a point to annoy others and wreck the site, Dom is just making jokes and I for one like it. Had AJ not tried to annoy people and purposely post two words that made no sense, purposely brought back 3 year old dead threads of certain people just to annoy them then maybe I would have liked him too, but as Joe Walsh would put it, Little Dom is playing nice in the sandbox so he can stay. Read this, this thread shows the difference
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=719236&postcount=20 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=719236&postcount=20)

rayjay
02-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Diabolical clearly intended to disrupt the site earlier this week. That is the difference, nothing more, nothing less.

TiTo35
02-18-2009, 10:03 AM
How this thread turn into an AJ thread??? :mad2:

ChiTownMaraud3r
02-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Soooo...

Let me get this straight. AJ posted crap that was deliberately intended to annoy, but Dom is just posting crap without malicious intent?

So one monkey flinging poo is doing it to ruin your day, and the other is doing it just for fun?

Exactly right, glad we are in understanding then.

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Soooo...

Yup, fling monkey poop all you want and I will laugh at it, fling monkey poop at me or others and we will not tolerate it. Get over AJ!

Exactly right, glad we are in understanding then.

Nice post! Thanks and glad we are on the same page.

NO MORE AJ talk

Joe Walsh
02-18-2009, 10:41 AM
NO MORE AJ talk

^^ OK! ^^

But, you really don't think that he is gone for good do you???
He is like Herpes...you try to control it, but you can never get rid of it.
And just when you think that it is gone, it flares up even worse than before!

rayjay
02-18-2009, 11:03 AM
^^ OK! ^^

But, you really don't think that he is gone for good do you???
He is like Herpes...you try to control it, but you can never get rid of it.
And just when you think that it is gone, it flares up even worse than before!

Yea, but isn't there a pill for slurpies?

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Dom any takers? I will take you sould if you give me $50

Best deal of the day, but not sure fo who........

Dom your a riot! I hope your at JC Whitney, I have got to meet up with you

Motorhead350
02-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Actually it kinda is spoken for. I sold it to my dad in fall 2006 for a new transmission. He hasn't done much with my soul and I aquired it back and he didn't notice.

Come on people, who has a race car I can trade you for?

You will need a soul in the long run! I live for today! :)

BTW duhtroll, you can talk bad about me when you contribute. :P As of now you are pretty much as people were describing AJ lately, just starting trouble.

Ok back on topic here!!!

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Actually it kinda is spoken for. I sold it to my dad in fall 2006 for a new transmission. He hasn't done much with my soul and I aquired it back and he didn't notice.

Come on people, who has a race car I can trade you for?

You will need a soul in the long run! I live for today! :)

BTW duhtroll, you can talk bad about me when you contribute. :P As of now you are pretty much as people were describing AJ lately, just starting trouble.

Ok back on topic here!!!

Good for you, I guess with troll in his id he needs to complain too.

And if you soul has a lien on it from your dad and now Zack I withdraw my offer :burnout:

you kill me!

Motorhead350
02-18-2009, 02:00 PM
And if you soul has a lien on it from your dad and now Zack I withdraw my offer :burnout:

Zack doesn't want anything to do with it, it's not his type. :D

duhtroll
02-18-2009, 02:29 PM
1) It has been stated the rights of those who contribute are the same as those who do not, so get over it.

2) You contributed when? 5 minutes ago? How many thousand useless posts were there before then?

Oh I get it, by bringing up the fact you have donated just now, it means all of your other posts were stupid? (i.e. before paying) The money makes the difference, so now it's OK to post crap? Wow.

I think people are just a little pissed that they are being called on the same stuff AJ was doing. One week doesn't change the other 17000 posts he made that were "just in fun." ;)

And don't get me wrong, I found him annoying, too. It's just that most of the detractors are guilty of the same type of spam. As was I, years ago when this site was a completely different place. I never went on the self-centered "look at me!!!!" type of runs that you have, though.

But hey, you've paid money now, so that means you're more important and your posts are now worth something.

Uh, I guess...

Ok back on topic here!!!

Rocknthehawk
02-18-2009, 02:32 PM
duhtroll, if you don't like what he's posting, don't read it. that simple. stop stirring the pot.

Dom, I'll offer you 4 marauder wheels, which do not belong to me, but they are in shed in my driveway. includes tires and godshead valve stems.

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 02:33 PM
1) It has been stated the rights of those who contribute are the same as those who do not, so get over it.

2) You contributed when? 5 minutes ago? How many thousand useless posts were there before then?

Oh I get it, by bringing up the fact you have donated just now, it means all of your other posts were stupid? (i.e. before paying) The money makes the difference, so now it's OK to post crap? Wow.

I think people are just a little pissed that they are being called on the same stuff AJ was doing. One week doesn't change the other 17000 posts he made that were "just in fun." ;)

And don't get me wrong, I found him annoying, too. It's just that most of the detractors are guilty of the same type of spam. As was I, years ago when this site was a completely different place. I never went on the self-centered "look at me!!!!" type of runs that you have, though.

But hey, you've paid money now, so that means you're more important and your posts are now worth something.

Uh, I guess...

Uh, if you found AJ annoying why are you acting like him? Buy Doms soul or move onto a new thread, cant you read? He needs to sell his soul to get another hot rod for us to help him fix over the internet :rofl:

The biggest difference is that Dom plays nice, AJ did not so he had to leave the sandbox.

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 02:34 PM
duhtroll, if you don't like what he's posting, don't read it. that simple. stop stirring the pot.

Dom, I'll offer you 4 marauder wheels, which do not belong to me, but they are in shed in my driveway. includes tires and godshead valve stems.

Hell trade ya my soul! :beer:

duhtroll
02-18-2009, 02:36 PM
I give up

Trader: (0)

Yeah, you're a legend around here...

Good for you, I guess with troll in his id he needs to complain too.

Motorhead350
02-18-2009, 02:39 PM

Uh, I guess...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

What happened to you today?

Is it that time of month already?

It's okay. I am having a few problems with spotting right now too, but it's with the car.

duhtroll
Really? I'm starting hundreds of threads akin to what I ate for dinner last night?

That must be happening when I'm asleep.

Seriously, you don't get to complain about one member's crap and not another's without being called on it. Bottom line is you like one of them and you don't like the other, so you tolerate the same nonsensical stuff from one, but not the other.

There's a word for people like that...

Uh, if you found AJ annoying why are you acting like him?

rayjay
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/jfrelinghuysen/TrollHouse-ex-1.jpg

room for all.

bigmerc2003
I give up

Trader: (0)

Yeah, you're a legend around here...
No legend here, and unlike you and AJ I give up, your on ignore just like the other pain in the ass. Get a life and leave Dom alone.

CBT
02-18-2009, 02:40 PM
In before the lock! (but not before my post count goes +1)

duhtroll
02-18-2009, 02:42 PM
I'd have thought that with all those posts you'd have a better comeback.

I'll top all bidders for your soul if that means you'll shut up...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

What happened to you today?

Is it that time of month already?

It's okay. I am having a few problems with spotting right now too, but it's with the car.

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 02:44 PM
for you, enjoy I will :banana:

CBT
02-18-2009, 02:45 PM
for you, enjoy I will :banana:

You can't ignore anyone until your post count hits 500.

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 02:47 PM
You can't ignore anyone until your post count hits 500.
Fine, I will go on a troll spree to bring up my thread count!!! I there one more spot in the troll house:loco:

CBT
02-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Fine, I will go on a troll spree to bring up my thread count!!! I there one more spot in the troll house:loco:

LOL! Just messin with you man.

Rocknthehawk
02-18-2009, 03:04 PM
am i the high bidder?

just don't tell Hot-Rauder i traded his wheels...

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 03:05 PM
LOL! Just messin with you man.

I know, but you know there is always someone around to f things up! I mean come on, your user id is duh-troll? What was he thinking? And he acts like the troll. I am not acting like some hero or legend, never have. Hell I posted more in the past few weeks than ever! I have been around for 6 months and have 300 posts but a lot more hours of learning and watching. The new troll needs to relax and if he dont like Dom then ignore him, but I will continue to watch Doms threads and laugh my butt off. Keep up the funnies Dom :beer:

they keep me from drinking on the job :alone:

Jolly Roger
02-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Make me an offer.

Does the shoe come with it or is it optional?
(can't beleive i'm letting myself get pulled into this).:D

CBT
02-18-2009, 03:24 PM
I know, but you know there is always someone around to f things up! I mean come on, your user id is duh-troll? What was he thinking? And he acts like the troll. I am not acting like some hero or legend, never have. Hell I posted more in the past few weeks than ever! I have been around for 6 months and have 300 posts but a lot more hours of learning and watching. The new troll needs to relax and if he dont like Dom then ignore him, but I will continue to watch Doms threads and laugh my butt off. Keep up the funnies Dom :beer:

they keep me from drinking on the job :alone:

I pick up new info here quite frequently. You never run out of question as long as you are breaking or moddifying things, and all the info you need is here. Or in the head of someone here. Some people will answer the same questions the same cheerful way every single time, other will tell you to search for the answer, and a few still will act like you are an idiot, because they already know the answer, and cannot believe someone is asking it again. I love humor so funny post that have nothing to do with Marauders don't bother me. You should see some of the crap I post, HA! This place is great, people, info, humor, cat-fights, bannings, pictures, cars, it's like a t.v. show without boring commercials. :D

Ms. Denmark
02-18-2009, 03:26 PM
..... At least we know dom is a real person and now that he has his flags more power to him!

:burnout:Congratulations Dom!!!

duhtroll
02-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Look, you really need to learn some things.

1) Trolling would be the act of creating said stupid threads in the first place. (You'll notice I'm not the one creating them.)

From wiki:

"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

Off topic would, on this board, generally be considered to be anything not related to the Mercury Marauder, or at least cars in general. As for controversial, inflammatory, really? If you think so, you're taking internet forums a bit too seriously.

Let's review. Who started this thread, and what was it about?

Oh yeah. Dom, and nothing at all.

How in the world can you complain about me derailing a thread that had no direction to begin with? Don't like my participation? If you feel I added nothing to this thread, good. It had nothing to begin with, so I certainly didn't make it worse.

2) I've been around here much longer than you have. (registered since 03 and read since 02) When you make such obviously incorrect conclusions about someone whom you have not even met or been around even virtually for more than a few days, it speaks volumes about your own insecurities.

3) My internet handle has nothing to do with trolling in the current slang usage. I realize it's a convenient way for you to try and sound witty, but seriously, I'm not the one creating the stupid off topic threads.

For the record, I have been called "troll" since long before internet trolling existed. There's a story there, but it has nothing to do with internet forums.

My point still stands unchallenged. People complain about off topic crap posts and then endorse the same type of crap when its from someone they like. I say "hypocrite" to those.

Off topic stuff is fine with me, but claiming that one person's off topic stuff is better than anyone else's, that's where the word "hypocrite" comes into play.

And then, the poster of this thread has the audacity to tell me that since he has (VERY recently) donated to the site, his posts must therefore now be better than mine in some way? (This implies of course that everything he posted prior to donating was pointless, BTW.)

Not only that, the mods have repeatedly posited that donating, while nice, doesn't give any one person a higher status than any other.

and lastly, yet most importantly...

If you use the argument that "I'm posting in an off topic forum" to post this useless BS, then you don't get to complain about others who do the same thing. Period. If you do, you're just retarded.

Have a happy day.

I know, but you know there is always someone around to f things up! I mean come on, your user id is duh-troll? What was he thinking? And he acts like the troll.

Rocknthehawk
02-18-2009, 06:50 PM
You've been on the internet long enough to know, Wiki is not a citable source.

just because it's written somewhere, doesn't make it true.

Trolling could also be defined as simply making posts to be an asshat.

duhtroll
02-18-2009, 06:54 PM
You've been on the internet long enough to know, Wiki is not a citable source.

Yes, and this is a doctoral dissertation review committee on internet slang terminology... :rolleyes:

Trolling could also be defined as simply making posts to be an asshat.

If pointing out the obvious double-standard bothers you, don't have double-standards.

Motorhead350
02-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Look usually it's me against the world and now you are the only one with a complaint.

I have five flags, which means I have the gold key to the crapper!

BTW that was a joke.

I don't know what your problem is, but if you want to buy my soul PM me. By not going off on you or being insulting you know my soul intentions are good. :D

Bidding was at one dollar right everyone?

Rocknthehawk
02-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Yes, and this is a doctoral dissertation review committee on internet slang terminology... :rolleyes:

If pointing out the obvious double-standard bothers you, don't have double-standards.

If you're trying to prove a point, you should at least look at the definition in it's entirety, and how it applies to YOU. You continue to post the same point of view in a thread that has nothing to do with YOUR point of view. I believe this is a classified ad?

Here's a little tidbit from another online article:

There are a number of different types of trolls. In the most classic case, a troll harasses an Internet community for a few weeks, posting contradictory opinions or statements on bulletin boards in an attempt to stimulate a response. Internet trolls are differentiated from people who genuinely wish to present a different viewpoint by their attitudes and aggressiveness; their goal is not to discuss a situation, but to frustrate the members of a discussion board. They often use fallacious arguments or attack the users of a site when they attempt to defend themselves from the troll's activities.

So if you have an issue with this double standard, why continue it in this thread, instead of creating a new thread, to discuss said issue?

In technical terms, an internet troll is someone who aims to cause emotional abuse to the participants of an online. In layman terms, a troll is someone who wants to ruffle feathers and stir the pot for their own amusement. They do this by planting inflammatory messages against a sensitive topic, disrupting and discrediting members who support the topic.

I believe I wasn't one of the people "Calling out" AJ or Dom. I don't care if either posts 10000 offtopic threads. If it doesn't interest me, I don't read it, so if you're directing your "double standard" comment towards me, you're wrong. My posts show i clearly think how he was handled was wrong. You're a longtime member, I'm sure you've seen Dom has taken self imposed vacations, been told his posts are stupid, and that he posts too much. I believe there was even a thread about him having his own forum.

you may find this usefull, to better your "game"

http://www.ehow.com/how_2064125_become-internet-troll.html

Step3
Contribute nothing of value to the discussion forum. As a good troll, your goal is to abuse the members psychologically and provoke negative reactions out of them. Go big or don't go in at all. Have fun with it, when someone counter-attacks, get playful with them--nothing pisses off someone in a rage than when you joke around with them.

Motorhead350
02-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Congratulations Dom!!!

Thank you. Sometimes I need my chops busted to be worth a damn.

Rocknthehawk
02-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Thank you. Sometimes I need my chops busted to be worth a damn.

You're worth a damn Dom.

But it's apparent your soul is worth about 3 cheetos and a green day cd
:lol: :banana:

hot-rauder
02-18-2009, 08:46 PM
You're worth a damn Dom.

But it's apparent your soul is worth about 3 cheetos and a green day cd
:lol: :banana:

You Bastard!! you traded my wheels for his useless soul!?!?!:lol:

Dom better yet, I will give you a green day cd, 3 cheetoes, and Aaron's Guiness World Record for the worlds tallest mohawk. Whats more punk than a mohawk!?!! lol

Motorhead350
02-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Whats more punk than a mohawk!?!! lol

Iggy Pop?

If anyone gives me a Green Day CD is better be from the 90s. No American Idiot or Warning B.S. thank you.

Mike
02-19-2009, 05:11 AM
I sense a bidding war.... I shall up my bid by one Twinkie (mint in wrapper)
and one crisp $1 bill.

:lol: :rofl: :laugh:

Haggis
02-19-2009, 05:27 AM
Mary had a little lamb its fleece was white as snow.

O's Fan Rich
02-19-2009, 05:38 AM
I want nothing to do with this......

But, the extra post count is a bonus!

duhtroll
02-19-2009, 07:10 AM
If you're trying to prove a point, you should at least look at the definition in it's entirety, and how it applies to YOU.

I have, and it doesn't. You should refrain from speaking to my motivations on the matter, because you really have no clue. By stating that I am merely posting to cause others frustration, you are attempting to speak for me in order to make your point.

Which is of course why your point is meaningless, as it relies on making up both sides of the argument.

So if you have an issue with this double standard, why continue it in this thread, instead of creating a new thread, to discuss said issue?

Have you been paying attention? OK, silly question as obviously you haven't.

Creating a new thread to complain about creating new, useless threads? Really? That's what you'd rather have?

I needed a good laugh this AM...thanks.

I'm sure you've seen Dom has taken self imposed vacations, been told his posts are stupid, and that he posts too much. I believe there was even a thread about him having his own forum.

Exactly. We have/had two drama queens, both who threw tantrums at one point, yet one receives better treatment than the other because he gets along with a select few vocal members here.

I'm just throwing the "BS" card.

you may find this usefull, to better your "game"

http://www.ehow.com/how_2064125_become-internet-troll.html

Again, if you get to speak for me your position seems like it has some merit. Unfortunately for you, that's not how it works.

Dressed up name calling is still just name calling.

Zack
02-19-2009, 07:12 AM
How bout I poop on your chest Dom and I just get your soul in trade?

Haggis
02-19-2009, 07:17 AM
And every where that Mary went the lamb was sure to go.

hot-rauder
02-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Sorry Haggis, I killed Mary's little lamb.

Dom, I offer you fresh cooked lamb chops!

Georges93LX
02-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Sorry Haggis, I killed Mary's little lamb.

Dom, I offer you fresh cooked lamb chops!

Is this about thread about Bar-B-Q or Soul food?

Bigdogjim
02-20-2009, 06:06 AM
NO! It's about BUTTERMILK

Joe Walsh
02-20-2009, 06:17 AM
How bout I poop on your chest Dom and I just get your soul in trade?

You can't give Dom a 'Cleveland Steamer'...he lives in Chicago!

Motorhead350
02-20-2009, 02:13 PM
You can't give Dom a 'Cleveland Steamer'...he lives in Chicago!

My boobs aren't big enough for that.