PDA

View Full Version : HID "Group Buy" - sort of

Master
02-23-2009, 07:00 AM
Folks, I have a proposition for all us Canucks who might want to get on the HID train. I'm heading to Florida for vacation and will be driving back. I have asked a reputable vendor if there was any chance that I could get special pricing if I bought, say, ten (10) sets of lights. This is the company, and they have been involved in a couple of forum discussions at least:
http://www.xenonvisions.com/

They have botht he headlight and foglight kits available. We'd have to disable our DRLs, but I was thinking that in order to meet the letter of the law we could run our driving lights full time or put a relay in that would bring our headlights on full-time. Either way, I'm sure, would be a working solution.

My thinking is this:
1) Our GB discount would help offset our weak Cdn dollar
2) My driving back will save us on the US to Canada freight
3) My driving back will save us on those rediculous brokerage fees
4) With luck, the duty will be minimal since I'll have a credit for being in the states for a week.
5) I can put it through the business which means, if you guys can live with say, a 5% mark-up on the cost PLUS shipping from within Canada, we'll have a pretty sweet deal on HIDS. I'd only do the 5% so I could show something to the company's bottom line. Hardly a money making notion, but keeps the tax man happy.

Is anyone interested in this deal? I guess that I could offer it to any Yanks that want in as well since I could mail theirs off while I'm still in the states. Not sure if anyone would see a benefit in that, though.

Anyone care to think about this, spread the word and get back to me? I leave in about four weeks, so I'd like to know in two so that I can send payment.

Thanks much!

larryo340
02-23-2009, 07:23 AM
They have botht he headlight and foglight kits available. We'd have to disable our DRLs, but I was thinking that in order to meet the letter of the law we could run our driving lights full time or put a relay in that would bring our headlights on full-time. Either way, I'm sure, would be a working solution.

If you look at the wiring diagram in the attachment the feed to the low beams can easily be cut and ran to either the fogs or with a little more wiring even possilby making the front parklamps the DRLs like General Motors does on some models.
It's something I was thinking about doing also as I have oem DRLs