PDA

View Full Version : First post! A few questions about my 2003 300a

OcHoCiNcO85
03-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey everybody! Ive been coming to this site almost everyday since I bought my Marauder about a month ago, trying to learn as much as I can about this amazing car! Im planning on getting a tune from DR or Lidio in the next couple of days, leaning toward Lidio because from what ive read its a little better for a daily driver, my concern with that is I know his tune shuts off the alternator at WOT and I was wondering if that would have any effects on a sound system? Also can anyone tell me what kind of CAI I have? It was on the car when I bought it and I am just curious. 14687

Thanks in advance!

sd8683
03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Looks like a JLT CAI to me........

ImpalaSlayer
03-02-2009, 04:29 PM
def a jlt. halso the factory tune shuts the alt off so i wouldnt worry about it

captain
03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Dimming during WOT is in the alternator. Not the tune. The alternator on "some" not all MM has a clutch that slips at WOT It is designed to take the pressure and chirp out under heavy throttle. The car will be using the battery during this short burst. And yes it effects all things electrical. Radio,lights,AC.etc... I put in a new deep cell battery and it reduced the effect. Some have modified the cluth and or alternator.
Some think its adds to the mystique. I think its dangerous. And makes it look like your car cant take a little beating. Its a Marauder thing.

OcHoCiNcO85
03-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Alright thanks for the quick replies guys! Im going to go ahead and order my tune tonight. There should be no problem with the fact Lidio makes his tunes in Detroit and I live in hot muggy Florida? Right? Also if anyone has a system in their Marauder can you tell me what you did to make sure you dont run into any problems with the alt shutting down during WOT?

RoyLPita
03-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new ride.

jgc61sr2002
03-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Welcome aboard.:D

Dragcity
03-02-2009, 05:46 PM
How long do you plan to be in WOT position? If at the track, you are not using electical accessories anyway. If on the street, it's only for a second or two, and that should not bother anything.

I have left all that alone in mine and have had no issues. I am at 88,000 miles and still on my factory battery and alternator.

Good luck with everything, have fun and stay safe.

Blackened300a
03-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Welcome to the site. Thats a JLT intake you have and the clutch on the front of the alternator along with the tune shut down the field at WOT. Shouldnt be a issue with your sound system unless you plan on keeping your foot in it at all times.

Go with a Lidio tune.

TAKEDOWN
03-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the site, you'll enjoy it here, and learn a lot all at the same time!

justbob
03-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Welcome, what kept ya?

FordNut
03-02-2009, 06:22 PM
It is a JLT CAI. The factory tune as well as some performance tunes turn off the alt @ WOT. If you want it to stay on, just ask the tuner to change that parameter. It is just one simple change in the software for the tune.

A common misconception is the function of the one-way clutch. It does not do anything at all on acceleration, only on deceleration. It allows the alternator to rotate (free-wheel) at a higher speed than the engine/belt when the throttle closes suddenly. It prevents belt chirp and reduces wear.

Local Boy
03-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Brian is correct...^^^

Mine stay on...

ALOHA

OcHoCiNcO85
03-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys...This has got to be the most layed back forum ive been apart of. Its good to know I dont have to worry about anything when I get the tune, I cant wait for it to get here now!

DOOM
03-03-2009, 02:01 AM
:welcome: :D