PDA

View Full Version : Contest #2 VOTING 2 of 2

hot-rauder
03-02-2009, 07:21 PM
OTHER ENTRIES (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51648)

Hot-Rauder
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z302/blkmarauder/random130.jpg

Blackened300a
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/blackened300a/DSCN1214-1.jpg

jdando
http://jeremyd.smugmug.com/photos/483158384_SZ9XD-L.jpg
http://jeremyd.smugmug.com/photos/483158427_oX4Gu-L.jpg

Bluerauder
03-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Well, it looks like I lost out to Blackened300a's Graffiti Reflection. Congrats, Paul. :2thumbs: I liked that pic too.

Results of the Top 3 in the "Reflections" category ....

1st Place -- Blackened300a (13 votes)
2nd Place -- Bluerauder (7 votes)
3rd Place -- FastMerc (3 votes)

There really doesn't seem to be much voting participation with this format and the "split" polls may be confusing for some. And, the 2nd of two polls ends up on the main page and seems to draw more attention. It is difficult to believe that we can only muster 28 votes after a whole week. :rolleyes:

Blackened300a
03-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Well, it looks like I lost out to Blackened300a's Graffiti Reflection. Congrats, Paul. :2thumbs: I liked that pic too.

Results of the Top 3 in the "Reflections" category ....

1st Place -- Blackened300a (13 votes)
2nd Place -- Bluerauder (7 votes)
3rd Place -- FastMerc (3 votes)

There really doesn't seem to be much voting participation with this format and the "split" polls may be confusing for some. And, the 2nd of two polls ends up on the main page and seems to draw more attention. It is difficult to believe that we can only muster 28 votes after a whole week. :rolleyes:

Thanks Charlie! I actually voted for your pic. I dont know why the low voter turn out either. There was a lot more support in the threads where the idea was brought forth.

CBT
03-09-2009, 08:24 AM

It's slightly confusing, but fun nonetheless. Good job to all.

Rocknthehawk
03-09-2009, 01:33 PM
The split poll makes it a PITA, but it is up to a mod/whomever does the software to change the number of options.

hot-rauder
03-09-2009, 02:05 PM
I cant change the split poll... I have asked for hepl from the mods, BUT NEVER RECIEVED ANY ANSWER!! not even a "no, it cant be changed"....

Bluerauder
03-09-2009, 02:17 PM
The split poll makes it a PITA, but it is up to a mod/whomever does the software to change the number of options.
I don't think that the software can be changed at all -- so we are stuck with the limitations of 10 poll entries. First thing is to address participation in the voting/polling process. Only 28 votes over 7 days leads me to believe that most people are not even aware of the Photo Contest poll. It can be knocked off the Home Page by any other poll as was the case this week. Maybe folks are not interested or maybe they don't check in the Photography Forum because it is a subset of the "Lounge". Most polls in open forum draw much more participation.

I am just thinking out loud here -- I don't know what the answer is. But with 13 entries and only 28 votes, it makes me wonder who else is even playing.

Rocknthehawk
03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
every vbulletin based forum I use allows more than 10 entries...

on the site where the idea for this photo contest came from, I remember the same problem of having to create more than one poll, at some point the options were changed.

I agree on it not being noticed...when RPS works, the voting/entries thread are stickied

Ms. Denmark
03-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Congratulations to Paul, Charlie and Mark. Those were great shots! My vote went to RockntheHawk this time for his beautiful pick-up shot. In truth it was difficult to pick only one this time around. Thanks to everybody who entered! And thanks again to Hot-Rauder for putting it all together!!!

This photo contest is such a great way to showcase the cars (&trucks);) and to showcase our members skill and talent with a camera. It's something I really look forward to. There must be a way to get it the attention it deserves. All I can say is that anyone who hasn't tuned in to participate is missing something wonderful.

So what's the next photo challenge. Can't wait!

MyTMerc
03-09-2009, 05:12 PM

I agree. It is confusing. I was looking forward to this working well and appreciate the effort of those that put it together. It would be wonderful if it was easier to track. I enjoyed the photos that I've seen to date. Is there a standard thread name? "Photo Entries Week X?" and "Photo Poll Week X? When I went to vote, I only saw three entries and must have missed the explanation.

I still think this is an excellent addition to the site and hope we can iron out the bugs.

MyTMerc
03-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Congratulations Paul on another great photo!!

MM03MOK
03-19-2009, 06:24 AM

I cant change the split poll... I have asked for hepl from the mods, BUT NEVER RECIEVED ANY ANSWER!! not even a "no, it cant be changed"....
I'm just reading this thread for the first time. Please don't expect me to be a mind reader because I can't read everything. If you have a specific request, please send me a PM. I've changed the Poll options. You have as many slots as you need within one thread. I will gladly sticky the voting polls.

Rocknthehawk
03-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Sorry if that was rude Mary, Adam had told me he had sent PM's to administrators, so I left it alone.

Thank you for the fix!