PDA

View Full Version : MM in Goodman MO

kmastl
03-03-2009, 06:34 AM
I will be testdriving this car tomorrow if it is still available.

http://www.onestopmotors.com/ad_details.aspx?ad_id=32978

Asking 13.8 which is far too much. What is a reasonable price to buy it for in this market?

a_d_a_m
03-09-2009, 06:19 PM
10k?
Send the VIN # in a PM to RoyLPita and have him run the OASIS. If the car's a POS, it doesn't matter what the price is.

kmastl
03-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I have run the Carfax and Oasis.
None of this matters. I went and looked at it and It turned out to be Junk. Hail damage. body damage, flaking tint. etc
Darn thing didn't even have a Sunroof like the description said.

BODYMAN
03-10-2009, 04:47 AM
I see youre in St Louis there has been several for sale locally in pretty god shape not sure if there still out there? It would be great to have a another St Louis guy in the group. welcome aboard!!!

a_d_a_m
03-10-2009, 08:45 AM
I went and looked at it and It turned out to be Junk. Hail damage. body damage, flaking tint. etc We have one of those sorts of cars in my area: a 2004 DTR for 12k. I took MY car there and looked at it, just out of curiosity, and the dealer kept saying how nice her car was and how it was worth 12k.

After pointing out the damage to the dash where someone apparently tried stealing the airbag, the roached interior, the paint defects, the rim scuffs, and the motor knock; then pointing out the much-nicer black MM I picked up for 4k less than her price, I left feeling very good about my purchase.

Kudos to you for not letting the "Marauder fever" get the best of you. As has been stated before, there are plenty of good deals out there. Wait until the right one comes along, you'll know when it does.