PDA

View Full Version : Transmission

O3 pharoh
03-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Hey everyone. Looks like the trans on my MM is going to be trashed. Have few more parts to throw at it, but I was wondering who does the best trans work, whether rebuilt or new. The marauder is stock for now and a daily driver. Also from any experience what should i watch out for when doing a rebuild? thanks as always for the suggestions.

Zack
03-05-2009, 09:44 AM
I helped a guy just like you last year.

You bring the car to me. Ill remove the trans, then take it to my friend (Who's a Ford Master Tech)
He rebuilds the trans for $250 plus parts.
It ended up costing the other guy around $750 when it was all said and done.

DTRMiguel
03-05-2009, 09:46 AM
I helped a guy just like you last year.

You bring the car to me. Ill remove the trans, then take it to my friend (Who's a Ford Master Tech)
He rebuilds the trans for $250 plus parts.
It ended up costing the other guy around $750 when it was all said and done.

Wadda stand up guy...$750 American Dollars? :awe: thats crazy cheap :banana2:

Zack
03-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Wadda stand up guy...$750 American Dollars? :awe: thats crazy cheap :banana2:

I believe in this simple theory....
If you do quality work at low prices, you will have more business then anyone else.... ultimately making more money in the end.

DTRMiguel
03-05-2009, 09:52 AM
If you do quality work at low prices, you will have more business then anyone else.... ultimately making more money in the end.

My uncle would like your mind frame he has the same type of theory he remodels homes like I and charges what some would say "Crackhead" prices but his business is booming even as we are in a recession he is never slow or had a down time in business. :beatnik:

ImpalaSlayer
03-05-2009, 10:12 AM

i too belive in this

O3 pharoh
03-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Where are you located at Zack?

Zack
03-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Where are you located at Zack?

Saint John, IN

SC Cheesehead
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Zack knows his *****, too so you're not only getting cheap prices, but EXCELLENT work at cheap prices...:up:

O3 pharoh
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Zack, what company do you work for or you just rebuild them yourself?

O3 pharoh
03-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Zack, what parts are included in the build up? I am pretty sure that my O/D band is what is causing the problems now. But want whole trans beefed up so that I never have to deal with another trans in this car.

Zack
03-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Zack, what company do you work for or you just rebuild them yourself?

Im just a regular guy working in my garage.
My friend from VanDrunen Ford does the rebuilding.

The last guy was worried about a warranty (as Im sure you are).
Im sorry but I cant offer you that. If there is a problem right off the bat, then of course I will get it taken care of.

The last guy had a few posts like you and posted up a very similar thread. After his trans got rebuilt, I havent seen him back since. His trans must be doing ok.

O3 pharoh
03-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Thats good, are the parts just replacement parts from ford, or is it actually getting a better O/D band and better clutches etc?

Zack
03-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Thats good, are the parts just replacement parts from ford, or is it actually getting a better O/D band and better clutches etc?

Stock everything.
If you want the better stuff, then you will have to provide it ;)

For a NA car, the trans will be just fine, especially if I J-Mod it at the same time. ($100 extra)

O3 pharoh
03-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Ok, thanks a lot. I appreciate the help, and will definately concider. Just have to make a haul to get car there.

Zack
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Where in IL are you?

juno
03-05-2009, 12:32 PM
If you have a few extra dollars to spend, talk to Darrin on here. bc-automotive.com He can sell you upgrade parts which vary with how strong a tranny you want. BTW, just discussing the 4r70w with him is worth the call!

Zack
03-05-2009, 12:43 PM
If you have a few extra dollars to spend, talk to Darrin on here. bc-automotive.com He can sell you upgrade parts which vary with how strong a tranny you want. BTW, just discussing the 4r70w with him is worth the call!

He doesnt sell rebuilt kits, just valve bodies and stuff like spiralock snap rings.

But yes, worth the call.

TooManyFords
03-05-2009, 12:51 PM
For $900, I have a perfect trans with a PI 3500 stall converter ready to go...

Zack
03-05-2009, 01:34 PM

Cant beat this deal, buy it!

kariamack
03-05-2009, 04:09 PM
so where could someone..... buy these beefed up trans parts for a rebuild

ImpalaSlayer
03-05-2009, 05:02 PM

wow, nope cant beat that!

Darrin
03-05-2009, 05:50 PM
He doesnt sell rebuilt kits, just valve bodies and stuff like spiralock snap rings.

But yes, worth the call.

Oh yes I do! I sell complete transmissions (all the way from stock rebuilds to ones that are in 10 second Marauders :D ), parts, tuning, driveshafts... You name it.

I remember taking apart that transmission you brought me and the other one a friend of yours had to bring me. Pretty ugly stuff. I still have the parts laying around as souvenirs. Great to show people what happens when it's done wrong.

I sure hope that guy you were having build those transmissions has gotten better than he was for those or it definitely won't serve you well at all to get in the middle of that.

Darrin