PDA

View Full Version : questions about getting a tune

Got_1
03-05-2009, 06:06 PM
hey guys. within a week or two i will be calling lidio to purchase a tune for the marauder. I would like to know what information he will be asking me for. I would like to have all the information ready before i call.

thanks!
Got1

sd8683
03-05-2009, 06:09 PM
He'll probably only wanna know what you have/plan on for mods........ And of course you CC info!

BAD MERC
03-05-2009, 06:10 PM
He will need your computer code and gear ratio. It is 3:55 and he will ask you a few driving questions. If your Marauder is an '04, your computer code will be MAV2. there is a white decal on either front door jamb at the base of the windshield that has this code on it.

Got_1
03-05-2009, 06:14 PM
He will need your computer code and gear ratio. It is 3:55 and he will ask you a few driving questions. If your Marauder is an '04, your computer code will be MAV2. there is a white decal on either front door jamb at the base of the windshield that has this code on it.

thats what i was worried about. see i have an '03 with what looks like 300 A options but the engine was replaced by ford under warranty and it has aluminum valve covers so im thinking maybe an '04 engine. now all this was done under the previous owner so i don't no if this will affect the information required by lidio to make this tune work effectively.

ALSO. the previous owner had the car stripped and painted so while i haven't checked for sure (car is under cover for the winter) i'm doubting that those decals are still there

ImpalaSlayer
03-05-2009, 06:29 PM
thats what i was worried about. see i have an '03 with what looks like 300 A options but the engine was replaced by ford under warranty and it has aluminum valve covers so im thinking maybe an '04 engine. now all this was done under the previous owner so i don't no if this will affect the information required by lidio to make this tune work effectively.

ALSO. the previous owner had the car stripped and painted so while i haven't checked for sure (car is under cover for the winter) i'm doubting that those decals are still there

hmmm the engine swap shouldmt matter about the pcm code unless they swapped that also which is unlikly. how ever the sticker being MIA may be a problem. im sure there are other ways

BAD MERC
03-05-2009, 06:31 PM
The computer is next to the parking brake pedal. Take a peek under there and see what's up.

Got_1
03-05-2009, 06:47 PM
weather permitting i should have the car out this weekend so i'll take a look and see if i can find this code.
thanks again fella's.:beer: