PDA

View Full Version : Factory stereo question

kmastl
03-11-2009, 10:50 PM
I will most likely be buying my first marauder on saturday. I plan on doing an upgrade of the factory stereo. I am open to suggestions but I am set on keeping the factory head unit. I will be running an elemental deisgns NINE.5. An equalizer will be used.

My question is do the front speaker outputs on the factory stereo have a flat responce? I will be using a line level converter made by PAC to go to the EQ.

One more question. I am going to use the factory wiring for the front two channels. What I am looking for is a wire harness that has the factory female on one side and a factory male end on the other so I do not have to splice wires behind the factory connection. Where can I get something like this?

Thanks, Ken

Rocknthehawk
03-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Ken....it's pretty obvious you know what you're talking about...so why are you so set on keeping the stock headunit?

Pops
03-12-2009, 05:45 AM
I will most likely be buying my first marauder on saturday. I plan on doing an upgrade of the factory stereo. I am open to suggestions but I am set on keeping the factory head unit. I will be running an elemental deisgns NINE.5. An equalizer will be used.

My question is do the front speaker outputs on the factory stereo have a flat responce? I will be using a line level converter made by PAC to go to the EQ.

One more question. I am going to use the factory wiring for the front two channels. What I am looking for is a wire harness that has the factory female on one side and a factory male end on the other so I do not have to splice wires behind the factory connection. Where can I get something like this?

Thanks, Ken

Ken I have the two harness's you need. They would run 25.00 plus shipping for the pair. I doubt the factory speakers or the head unit have flat response. They always build equalization in to make cheap parts sound good.

kmastl
03-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Darn. I "was" set on keeping the factory unit because of the factory look obviously. Also I was reading about some other installs and they say the factory controls were a little spotty with an aftermarket unit.

I am looking into factory integration units now.. The RF 3SIXTY's description says
"In addition, auto-equalization processes overcome and correct for OEM response inadequacies." <--- sounds like a typo on their site to me
I'm assuming someone here has had experience with one of these.
Open to suggestions.
thanks, ken

Pops
03-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Darn. I "was" set on keeping the factory unit because of the factory look obviously. Also I was reading about some other installs and they say the factory controls were a little spotty with an aftermarket unit.

I am looking into factory integration units now.. The RF 3SIXTY's description says
"In addition, auto-equalization processes overcome and correct for OEM response inadequacies." <--- sounds like a typo on their site to me
I'm assuming someone here has had experience with one of these.
Open to suggestions.
thanks, ken

It is not a typo. If you decide on the RF 360 check with me as I have one in stock.