PDA

View Full Version : trilogy mods

steve fox
03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
I have a couple weeks before Lidio installs the single screw trilogy onto my 04 SB. I know there are endless mods this car can take. Any advice on what mods really need to be done with the SC? Maybe brakes (I looked at the 07 Mustang GT. The brakes look huge with the 18" wheels), but what else has been found to be really beneficial not simply cool? Steve

jdando
03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Really beneficial....depends on what you want the car to do. The base Trilogy is really the only modification your car needs. Widen wheels will make the car hook better, sway bars will make the car corner a bit flatter, control arms will help it be more stable in the corners, big brakes will prevent brake fade, a cold air kit will make the s/c whine more pronounced, etc.

Let me know if you want any more in detail thoughts about the mods I have done.

BUCKWHEAT
03-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Consider doing the headers. Big difference for me.

1 Bad Merc
03-16-2009, 06:38 PM
I also think the exhaust work (adding headers) and bigger brakes should be your main upgrades after the Trilogy. I have also installed the safety loop also just in case.

justbob
03-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Rear control arms.

FordNut
03-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I have a couple weeks before Lidio installs the single screw trilogy onto my 04 SB. I know there are endless mods this car can take. Any advice on what mods really need to be done with the SC? Maybe brakes (I looked at the 07 Mustang GT. The brakes look huge with the 18" wheels), but what else has been found to be really beneficial not simply cool? Steve

First, there is no such thing as a single screw Trilogy supercharger. There is the Eaton Roots style and there is the Lysholm twin screw. Both have two rotors, they just work differently.

Brakes would be a good mod. Oversize Addco sway bars. Headers will help a lot more than you would think. Widened rear wheels and Nitto 555r street tires all around.

DOOM
03-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Just got headers for my trilogy can't wait to put em on.

DEFYANT
03-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Stock Marauder and a Trilogy out of the box is great.

Change that pulley, and you will need better traction, handling and brakes. Dont forget freeing up the air intake and exhaust.

Its very addicting!

252life
03-16-2009, 09:55 PM
First if you don't already have it, a cold air intake is a must. You will love the sound.
For brakes I think Power Slot rotor and some better pads are a good alternative, I'm gonna try that on my car when it's time to change the brakes.

Bradley G
03-17-2009, 03:42 AM
Stock T- except 4:10's it will shread the tires @ 20 MPH ROLL.
Stock Marauder and a Trilogy out of the box is great.

Change that pulley, and you will need better traction, handling and brakes. Dont forget freeing up the air intake and exhaust.

Its very addicting!

O's Fan Rich
03-17-2009, 04:54 AM
Lidio is doing the install, so he'll customize the tune for you, I'm sure! That's #1.
After that:
Do the exhaust...... you're pumping more air in... it needs to get out more easily...
If you use the power.... get some brakes..... Todd at TCE will set you up with Wilwoods and braided hoses all around...
HotRauder LOVES his!...

Baer makes them too, some have had issues, others not.... search around.
Sway bars,metco control arms and watts link, ....

Gears are up to you.... depends on how you use the car. shakes26 has a way of going fast with 3:55's that amazes me.......

steve fox
03-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Interesting. When I discussed this install with Lidio he offered either the new twin screw or original single screw unit. I see the single drive pulley and the two screws on the trilogy website depicting the original trilogy unit for the marauder. I do not see the new model unit so can not comment on how it is built. However the single vz twin screw reference is how the units were differentiated by Lidio.
If the CAI is such a valuable mod, how does Trilogy overcome the intake restriction apparently caused by the factory breather?

FordNut
03-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Interesting. When I discussed this install with Lidio he offered either the new twin screw or original single screw unit.

I guess he is mistaken then, as there is no such thing as a single screw blower. Not by Trilogy, not by anybody. It does not exist. The only blower I know of with a single compressing device is the centifugal blower, which has a single impeller.

steve fox
03-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I do not want to purchase a portion of the SPR so I think the rear end should remain stock. Of course if the car is still not fast enough, perhaps a 4.10 will be required. I ordered another set of BFG rear tires in anticipation of some test burn.

I wonder about the driveshaft improvement discussed on this site. I know Roush refined the drive shaft tunnel and added a floor pan shroud/ bottom retainer on the new version (2003)police cars to protect against broken u joints and pole vaulting. Is it likely the S/C will overload the stock driveshaft or u joints?

steve fox
03-17-2009, 02:03 PM
so how is the new model constructed?

FordNut
03-17-2009, 02:14 PM
The new one is a twin screw. The old one is a roots. They both have two compressing elements. The twin screw compresses air between the two screws. The roots compresses by moving air between the rotors and the case.

GordonB
03-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Steve,
+ 1 for a new Driveshaft & driveshaft loop. Once Lidio unleashes the beast, you will be able to walk past 120MPH and will need the GOOD/Better balanced driveshaft, else you will tear up the tranny tailshaft bushing and leak fluid after a bit. Just my 2 cents worth.
I'd like a Trilogy, but $7K plus $3K plus lots of parts -- Yikes! Then my wife would like hers done! It never stops. Bought a 2nd house instead at the beach!
GordonB

Hack Goby
03-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Thanks for all the advice. I do not want to purchase a portion of the SPR so I think the rear end should remain stock. Of course if the car is still not fast enough, perhaps a 4.10 will be required. I ordered another set of BFG rear tires in anticipation of some test burn.

I wonder about the driveshaft improvement discussed on this site. I know Roush refined the drive shaft tunnel and added a floor pan shroud/ bottom retainer on the new version (2003)police cars to protect against broken u joints and pole vaulting. Is it likely the S/C will overload the stock driveshaft or u joints?
Who did you buy your car from?