PDA

View Full Version : Avic f700bt

Krytin
03-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Just received the shippment this afternoon John!
Looks nice! Just going over the instructions before I start the actual installation. Everthing looks very straight up. Just searching out the OEM sub hook up - if I get stuck I'll call your shop tomorrow.

Thanks again John for the great price and the fast shipping!
I will post up pictures of the finished instal!
You provide an excellent service to the members of this site!

:beer:

My wife says I'm acting like a little kid at Christmas!

Rocknthehawk
03-17-2009, 06:10 PM
I installed the f900bt in Sd6583's car last weekend...it's pretty straightforward...you may need an extra pair of hands installing the mounting kit...I had to cut the stock dash piece a couple times to be perfect, and then had to have an extra pair of hands hold the brackets while i mounted the radio.

the only other issue we faced was cramming all the wires into the stock location...i had to pull the rca bundle and part of the harness back behind...i reached in from the hole where the hvac controls belong.

good luck!!

Pops
03-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Pull out the heater controls so you can guide the wires! No factory sub with aftermarket stereos.

Rocknthehawk
03-17-2009, 06:21 PM
(not to hijack the thread)

John, in installing Sean's headunit, we had an issue with the box to run the steering wheel controls. I got it in the right mode, and then did the first step of holding the fan button (i can't remember if it was that or temp, but whatever the first one was)...the light would do as it said, but when i would move to the next step of holding the opposite button, nothing would happen...trying a few times, after restarting the process, and getting to the same step, while holding, the unit would flash 3 times...which makes me think it was restarting and telling me the unit was programmed to function 3.

Any idea what I was doing wrong? Would a low battery give me the issue with not being able to program it? I know I wired it to the correct pin. Thanks.

ctrlraven
03-17-2009, 06:22 PM
No factory sub with aftermarket stereos.

One main reason why I am waiting on getting a new headunit cause I'll want to do everything in one shot. Headunit, front components, 4ch amp and sub. I have the factory amp powering a very cheap low power rms 12" sub right now, good boom boom.

Krytin
03-18-2009, 03:04 AM
Pull out the heater controls so you can guide the wires! No factory sub with aftermarket stereos.
Thanks for that and all of the other tips!
This should go smooth!

Pops
03-18-2009, 06:19 AM
(not to hijack the thread)

John, in installing Sean's headunit, we had an issue with the box to run the steering wheel controls. I got it in the right mode, and then did the first step of holding the fan button (i can't remember if it was that or temp, but whatever the first one was)...the light would do as it said, but when i would move to the next step of holding the opposite button, nothing would happen...trying a few times, after restarting the process, and getting to the same step, while holding, the unit would flash 3 times...which makes me think it was restarting and telling me the unit was programmed to function 3.

Any idea what I was doing wrong? Would a low battery give me the issue with not being able to program it? I know I wired it to the correct pin. Thanks.

I think you should send Rich a Pm[Magindat} and tell him whats going on. He has installed a lot of these. Ny installer is not here on Weds. You can call and ask for Andy on Thursday and see what he ha to say.