PDA

View Full Version : Magic Sparkplugs?

ik04
09-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Howdy All,

I finally installed my Denso IT22 plugs today.

Is there some kind of magic dust or space alloy in these things?

Immediately, I noticed a smoother idle and once warm, the engine is silent and has no vibration. It feels like an expensive blueprinted engine.

I always used ND plugs back in the 70's when I raced (uh, drove, your honor) two-stroke motorcycles. The Nippon Denso's were the only plugs that wouldn't foul in my tweaked out Kawasaki triple. They are worth every penny...

I am learning every day that the chip mod, plugs, sway bar, driveshaft and brakes are more than just frilly add-ons. These mods really improve the car and put the permanent smile back on my weary face every time I drive my Silver Mercury.

He was the god of speed, ya know...

Thanks again Dennis,

Kevin

RF Overlord
09-30-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by ik04
I finally installed my Denso IT22 plugs today.

Immediately, I noticed a smoother idle and once warm, the engine is silent and has no vibration. It feels like an expensive blueprinted engine.

Kevin:

Nice, isn't it...? My engine idles like glass when it's warm...

One question, though...did you mean IT22 or IT20? Dennis sold me the IT20s as being the correct (one step cooler) plug for use with a chip or re-flashed ECM...I think IT22 is 2 steps cooler than stock...or is IT22 the new recommendation...?

LincMercLover
09-30-2003, 12:31 PM
The IT-22's are for SC cars only from what I've heard. 20's are for NA chipped cars.

ik04
10-03-2003, 10:12 AM
These are the plugs Dennis put in my hand after he programmed my EEC.

I too thought the IT20's were the preferred plugs, but I asked no questions since they came straight from Dennis himself.

Either way- they work!

Kevin

Dennis Reinhart
10-04-2003, 06:50 PM
IT 22 normally I Use for the SC cars but it will not hurt the N/A car