PDA

View Full Version : New Guy in Mass

Marauder M.C.
03-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone, just bought a 03 Marauder about a month ago and I absolutely love it! Its a black 300A with 95,000 miles. I am the third owner. The last owner Bought it from Sullivan Bros. in Kingston, [that window sticker was in the glove box]had it for a year and traded it in for a motorcycle in Brockton. Sound like anyone on here? Its all stock under the hood and has stock exhaust. No major plans for it yet. Just wanna get a good compound and buff on the paint to take care of some scratches and get some factory rubber back on the car. Someone put snow tires on and they are the front size. I want to put the staggered tires back on. Well I just wanted to say whats up to everyone. I live in Mass on the South Shore, there's tons of cruise nights and car shows coming
up in the area so maybe I'll run into some of the local Marauder addicts that are on here!

BAD MERC
03-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Welcome!! Thanks for spelling 'Marauder' correctly. You might have to get in line for those OE rear tires. They are a specific-to-the-Marauder-only size and are rare and generally out of stock. Like now.

CBT
03-21-2009, 04:42 PM
You all know what's coming...

I REQUIRE PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF BEFORE WELCOMING!!

BAD MERC
03-21-2009, 04:45 PM
You all know what's coming...

I REQUIRE PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF BEFORE WELCOMING!!

Are you kidding?? There are 27,921 members here that have never even driven one.

Rocknthehawk
03-21-2009, 04:50 PM
welcome! You're in a pretty active area for "marauderers"...although some of us don't own or have never owned one, we do get together fairly often in the summer.

Ms. Denmark
03-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Welcome! Another guy with immpeccable taste in cars. :coolman:

Marauder M.C.
03-21-2009, 05:02 PM
I'll try to put some pics up later tonight. On those tires I read on a post on here that the new Camaro was going to have the 245-55-18 as a factory size. If thats so, then hopefully some will become available. I'm going to do some new KDW'S on the front next week hopefully. The rears have plenty of tread so I'm not in a rush. Just wanna get rid of the snow tires:shake:

Marauder M.C.
03-21-2009, 05:10 PM
welcome! You're in a pretty active area for "marauderers"...although some of us don't own or have never owned one, we do get together fairly often in the summer.
Thinking about taking a ride to Worcester Nationals this year. Haven't been since 07. That has to be one of the sickest car shows in New England. Anyone who has been there knows what I'm talking about.

Blk Mamba
03-21-2009, 05:34 PM
welcome, those Camaro's have taken all the stock tires available, and they aren't planning on making more till June/July. Most here have opted for a larger tire size.

Rocknthehawk
03-21-2009, 06:19 PM
There were 2 marauders at Summer Nats last year...one was showing, he's a member,the other was from NY and parked on the lawn.

we did a cookout last year with a turnout of (i think) 14 marauders...hopefully we'll get something together again this year!

jgc61sr2002
03-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Welcome aboard, enjoy your new ride.:D

MM03MOK
03-21-2009, 06:27 PM
:welcome: We're just south of you, over the Bridge. Grew up on the South Shore. You have a pretty early build. If you want more details, PM "RoylPita" and he can tell you your build date and sequence if you give him your last 6 VIN #s.

Hacklemerc
03-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the site... Modding is contagious and addictive..

Marauder M.C.
03-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the site... Modding is contagious and addictive..
Modded out my First stang, nothing crazy though. Cold Air, 75MM Plenum and Throttle Body, BBK O/R Xpipe, Flowmaster 40 series, Ford Racing lowering springs, Pro 5.0 Short Throw. This car got the whole nose taken out by a jackass who ran a red light.:mad: It wasn't totalled and looked like complete ***** when I got it back from the body shop. I ended up trading it in, left the springs in took everything else off. Haven't really modded my cars too much after that. Got it done and was happy with it and its gone in a flash thanks to a careless driver. But now with the MM just the fact that I have one is enough to forget the BS in the past. Here's some pics of the Marauder and the stang[ the one that didn't get hit] that I traded it in for.

Davesvt2000
03-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Welcome, from one Stang/Marauder owner to another... :beer:

Were those Saleen replicas on the stang ?

sd8683
03-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Welcome aboard! What part of the south shore are you from? I'm in Hyde park.

ChiTownMaraud3r
03-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Welcome! Car looks fantastic for 95k :up:

CBT
03-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Clean machine, welcome aboard the site and the Marauder.:D

hot-rauder
03-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Could this be Dom's old car (Black Ice)??

He had glass packs though, but they werent loud enough to really notice... hmm...

Welcome aboard!

NE is pretty solid with Marauders, well we were... I sold due to medical bills and constant problems, Raudermaster sold because he wanted a truck, Black Ice sold because he needed a winter car instead, CentralMARobit sold his blue, Go Mufini is trying to sell, TjMroin82 is outta commision...

I miss anyone? lol

PM RoyLPita for sure, he is the wise wizard of MM repairs lol.

Hope to see you out and around sometime!

Davesvt2000
03-21-2009, 08:39 PM
NE is pretty solid with Marauders, well we were... I sold due to medical bills and constant problems, Raudermaster sold because he wanted a truck, Black Ice sold because he needed a winter car instead, CentralMARobit sold his blue, Go Mufini is trying to sell, TjMroin82 is outta commision..

Maybe we should start a new site, FMM.net = FormerMercuryMarauders.com

Rocknthehawk
03-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Hmm...It is possible this is Dom's old car...I thought he had 8x,xxx on it, but that was also before winter...The only way to tell would be to check the paint on the rear bumper, and check the tips. His car had been unknowingly repaired/painted.
it also said it was traded for a motorcycle, which dom did not...unless there was an owner somewhere in between lol

Egon Spengler
03-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Wooooo welcome!

rayjay
03-22-2009, 07:24 AM
Welcome aboard from the center of New York State! Enjoy your Marauder. You have plenty of good folks over there to help you out.

Marauder M.C.
03-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Welcome, from one Stang/Marauder owner to another... :beer:

Were those Saleen replicas on the stang ?
Nope, those were the real deal, they were authentic Saleen wheels I bought used off a buddy of mine.

Marauder M.C.
03-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Welcome aboard! What part of the south shore are you from? I'm in Hyde park.

I am from Brockton, about 20-25 minutes south of Boston

bigbillybbs
03-22-2009, 07:52 AM
:congrats: On the new ride
WELCOME :beer:

Marauder M.C.
03-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Hmm...It is possible this is Dom's old car...I thought he had 8x,xxx on it, but that was also before winter...The only way to tell would be to check the paint on the rear bumper, and check the tips. His car had been unknowingly repaired/painted.
it also said it was traded for a motorcycle, which dom did not...unless there was an owner somewhere in between lol

How long did Dom own the car for? The way the carfax broke it down was the first owner had it for 5 years. The second owner bought it last January and had it for a year. And I just bought it at the end of February. The bumper has been repainted, and it looks like the bumper reinforcement and one of the supports that bolts to the frame had been replaced. They have stickers on them like they were ordered from a dealer and not from the factory. That is the only thing I noticed that was replaced or painted. Every other panel still has the VIN tags on them. As for the exhaust: No glasspacks, all stock. The tips look stock too, they have an engraving on them, it says "Megs" in cursive. Is that a stock tip? Never really paid attention to tips on other MM'S

Rocknthehawk
03-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Hmm...I think that fits around the timeline. I know aside from the paint part, which most no one would notice, the car was very clean.

That is a stock tip. I vaguely remember seeing some overspray on the side of the drivers tip, which led me to look further and see the bumper was repainted. If i remember correctly, the original owner was an older gentleman that worked at a dealership or something to that effect.

burt ragio
03-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the site MC. We all wish you many safe miles on the road.