PDA

View Full Version : New Record for Trilogy #1 Car!

Jerry Barnes
09-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Today while Trilogy Motorsports and Alternative Auto were reviewing our car with one of the national magazines, the editor of the magazine set a new track record in our Trilogy Car #1.

60 ft. 1.89

1/8 ET 8.04
1/8 MPH 87.51

1/4 ET 12.56
1/4MPH 107.42

We also posted a 12.60 ET @ 108.7 MPH, a 12.62 ET @ 109.03 and a 12.65 ET @ 108.7.

The feedback from the editor of the magazine, "This thing is fantastic!".

We knew that all along!

chapel1
09-30-2003, 04:29 PM
Congrats to you Jerry,your hard work is paying off.:)

Menace
09-30-2003, 04:31 PM
Great news Jerry, it just keeps getting better! :up: :banana2:
Any 0-60 times?

Bigdogjim
09-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Congrats! The car is awesome!!!

gonzo50
09-30-2003, 04:49 PM
The Trilogy car just keeps on getting better and better with time, everything must be fitting like a glove and being as one. :D

MI2QWK4U
09-30-2003, 05:51 PM
Shucks.....I am sorry I missed that sight. Thats right where Lidio thought it would run. My hat is off to Jerry and Lidio for putting together one heck of a kick ass package for us. I get excited at the thought of with a couple more minor mods, such as 410's, slicks on a widened rim, better flowing exhaust with a little more boost, my car will be posting numbers just as good. I am planning on widening the 2in exhaust between the cats and mufflers, and some better flowing mufflers this week. So stellar numbers like Jerry is posting are not far off!

Bob Mathis
09-30-2003, 06:34 PM
OK!
Jerry Jean say's she still wants her's and I said If I can do what you all are doing and that we would have to move up there. She then stopped for a minute the said Oh No cold cold!
Man, it just keeps getting better, doesn't it. My dealer replaced my front tires today and they just love the car. Call me when you get a chance. Bob

jgc61sr2002
09-30-2003, 06:37 PM
Jerry - Excellent numbers. Great work.:up:

Marauderer
09-30-2003, 06:59 PM
This....is getting exciting!

Zack
09-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Awesome numbers Jerry!
Is that the car with the 13-14lb psi pulley & 4:10's?

JET
09-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Hey Lidio, how come everyone else is setting the records with this car? Are you telling me that Jerry & some guy from a magazine are better racers than you? I can see the next headline "Lidio's wife sets record time with trilogy car".

All kidding aside that is great news. We are all excited about this car and looking forward to hearing of even lower E.T.'s as the weather get cooler.

Jerry & Lidio thank you so much for putting the time & investment into the car whether or not we are lucky enough to get your package we all appreciate it.

Best
John T

Lidio
10-01-2003, 06:13 AM
Actually I think people have simply realized that I won’t let any one else drive the car when I'm around. So I've been forced to watch lately, and it really doesnt take any one special to drive it. Just the burn out can be a little tricky.

Plus I'm kinda concerned about driving around a mid 12 second car as a daily driver.... I think my driver’s license will be seriously compromised !!

Thanks

Jerry Barnes
10-01-2003, 07:36 AM
O.K. I want to clarify something. I am only getting the chance to drive the car when everyone else doesn't have the time. Not that I am complaining!

When the car was taken to Kentucky last weekend for the NMRA Finals, it was Lidio's birthday, my guys at work have been working extremely long hours and needed a break, my family had work and school, and the janitor was busy cleaning the building. So, that only left me! I went by myself and called Lidio 15 times to get advice. You should have seen the goof ups I made attempting my first run. The stands were on their feet clapping and laughing. It was embarassing!!!

At the track yesterday, Lidio got to make at least one run, Jerry and Trilogy Staff - 0. But, I always ask Lidio to make our public runs because he's good, know his tuff and is always professional.

But, Lidio's comment are right on. Even I can run this car and get great times. It's a great vehicle and now it has the power it needs to be fantastic!

I am sounding like a broken record these days, but, "Thanks to everyone involved for making it possible!".

Sincerely,

Jerry

Hemlock
10-01-2003, 08:27 AM
LIKE I SAID AT ENNIS WHILE DRIVING THE CAR , " ITS ADDICTIVE " !!! GREAT NEWS JERRY , CHEERS . HEMLOCK

drobin
10-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Jerry, sounds like you experienced the identical situation that I did at Ennis. I haven't been on the track in over 25 years and I didn't know about the double staging lights and the attendant kept yelling at me to Pull UP. I had no idea what I was doing, but still managed to run a 14.9 ( I think I need a SC) . I'm still thinking about the Texas Trouper who pulled us over.... Congradulation on your latest runs and keep up the good work.....You have a fine package and I appreciated the opportunity to drive your Marauder.

Donald

drobin

Racerx88
10-01-2003, 08:51 AM
Congrats guys!
..........Now, who wants to give me a little loan?.............

JET
10-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by drobin
I had no idea what I was doing, but still managed to run a 14.9 ( I think I need a SC) .

Donald

drobin

Donald it's that after market paint job that is weighing the car down. The OEM paint is much lighter. LOL
P.S. Give your wife my best.

John T.

JET
10-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Jerry,
What is your schedule for the racing the car?
Are you plaining on comming to the east coast anytime soon?

Jerry Barnes
10-01-2003, 03:15 PM
John,

The snow will fly soon so I don't think I will be coming to the East Coast soon for a race. But, if you hear of any, please let me know and I will make every attempt to attend.

Good talking to you today! See you soon for your install!!!

Jerry

Lidio
10-01-2003, 03:26 PM
Zack

The boost gauge in the car will show up to 13.5 psi but I don't trust those gauges very much and it appears to be off. On my dyno with a CDS data logging system with a lab quality boost sensor it shows 11.8 psi at peak in the mid range and then falls off to about 10psi above 5800rpm. The boost drop is normal with these types of blowers at high rpm. Although the horse power keeps climbing till over 6000rpm most of the time. And when driving the car it definatley pulls to well over 6000 on the tach then shifts.

Yes it has 4.10's and only replaced the exhaust from the rear of the factory cats to the front of the new mufflers with 2&1/4" pipes. Stock torque converter.

Thanks

Jerry Barnes
10-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Lidio,

Thanks for updating Zack!

SergntMac
10-01-2003, 08:06 PM
My sincere congrats to you both, Jerry and Lidio. I know you two worked very hard on this project and I am very pleased that you can see the rewards for that work in this present season.

From first glance, I knew this would be a kick azz automobile, and your test ride last May proved that in my heart. A job well done, my friends, Bravo!

I suspect that over the winter months, there will be some midnight oil burning in Dearborn, and I cannot wait to see what the '04 Spring delivers us.

Our next Marauderville at Bristol should be twice the fun of Ennis, but y'all Trilogy dudes will have to find your own Waffle House hand wash, K?

TAF
10-02-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Our next Marauderville at Bristol should be twice the fun of Ennis, but y'all Trilogy dudes will have to find your own Waffle House hand wash, K?

:lol::lol::lol: