PDA

View Full Version : a public thank you

ImpalaSlayer
03-24-2009, 02:08 PM
i would just like to thank Papa John for what he was going to do for me. i had contacted him about the blower he bought from 2ndmdrebel and asked if he was selling it. he said that he was and i told him id like to buy it but dont have all of the money so he said that he would take half now and half in about a month which was great! so i sent him half of it a few weeks ago but now i realize i cant afford to put the rest of the kit together and i told id need my money back and he told me that it wasnt a problem! this just proves John is the BEST vendor on this site hands down! i feel bad about telling him id take it off his hands and then turing around and saying i cant, so i bought some speakers from him instead since i felt i owed him something.

thanks again John, i look forward to seeing you in june! :beer:

Dave

sd8683
03-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Yes Dave! John is the man!!

CBT
03-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Pretty big of you to put this out for everyone to read. Even bigger of John to understand it. If you hadn't told us we probably never would have heard it. Money is tight sometimes, it is what it is. 2 years ago I didn't have any actual cash, none. (Divorce, etc.) Had to live off credit cards and favors. Now thing are better, and I wish the same for you.

DOOM
03-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah that old fart is pretty cool :geezer:

ctrlraven
03-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Pretty big of you to put this out for everyone to read. Even bigger of John to understand it. If you hadn't told us we probably never would have heard it. Money is tight sometimes, it is what it is. 2 years ago I didn't have any actual cash, none. (Divorce, etc.) Had to live off credit cards and favors. Now thing are better, and I wish the same for you.
I guess I should sell my other cars now and hide the cash somewhere so I don't have to live off plastic lol.

Yay Dave is going to stay NA! You better try for 12's now mofo!

Blackmobile
03-24-2009, 02:55 PM
...and you bought speakers off him, Ah! Now you're hooked, you'll be back. :2thumbs:

Ed

Ms. Denmark
03-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Nice story. Doesn't surprise me a bit! :bows: ;)

rayjay
03-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Nice story. Doesn't surprise me a bit! :bows: ;)
+1, John is a great guy and a A++ vendor.

Spectragod
03-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Had nothing but good experiences with John, AAA+.

SC Cheesehead
03-24-2009, 05:04 PM
John Kuhn is one guy I am truly proud to call a friend, and it's stuff like Dave's story that affirms what a great individual Pops really is. :up:

bob6364
03-24-2009, 05:09 PM
John is great...

n00bkiller944
03-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Gotta love the pops!

1stMerc
03-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey Pops, just curious. You ever install one of these?

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3435/mtxjack10ps.jpg

Local Boy
03-25-2009, 02:32 AM
Holy Smokes...^^^:eek:

I would hate to have that behind me...:D

Big respect to you Dave...:beer:

It is ...

What it is...

Always suspected, Brutha John was a nice guy...:beer::beer:

ALOHA

Cobra25
03-25-2009, 04:28 AM
Question ? PapaJohn as stated in post #1 is a friend/ member of the SSM and lives in central Forida & John Kuhn is a friend / vendor here, Two different people. Which Guy are you talking about ?

Pops
03-25-2009, 05:19 AM
Question ? PapaJohn as stated in post #1 is a friend/ member of the SSM and lives in central Forida & John Kuhn is a friend / vendor here, Two different people. Which Guy are you talking about ?

They call me Pops and PapaJohn. John Kuhn is the correct name. Shout Box fun resulted in all the names. Sorry to confuse you!:)

Pops
03-25-2009, 05:23 AM
Hey Pops, just curious. You ever install one of these?

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3435/mtxjack10ps.jpg

I have seen this but not sold one. They are 10K!:eek: I tried to get one for the demo Focus we had but it was more than I wanted to spend even with the deal they offered. It is a 22 inch sub and the issue is the 10K plus to get the cars electrical system up to par to run all the amps. We have not even talked about suspension problems due to the weight of this monster.

Blackmobile
03-25-2009, 06:13 AM
I just saw this yesterday on Pimp my Ride. They had to use a cherry picker to install the thing, and it took, I think, 6 amps and an additional 4 car batteries. It was stated that this thing was louder than a jet engine. They also installed a warning light when you turn it up too loud, like the blue and red lights following you wouldn't be warning enough.

Ed

Joe Walsh
03-25-2009, 06:43 AM
I just saw this yesterday on Pimp my Ride. They had to use a cherry picker to install the thing, and it took, I think, 6 amps and an additional 4 car batteries. It was stated that this thing was louder than a jet engine. They also installed a warning light when you turn it up too loud, like the blue and red lights following you wouldn't be warning enough.

Ed

It LOOKS like a Jet engine!!!.....:eek:
Talk about hearing damage, it would probably knock the air out of your lungs.
Friggin' retarded overkill, but someone is buying them. The "JackHammer"...it'll split your wallet in two!

Let's put this in perspective:

$10,000 for a sub OR:

1: Trilogy twinscrew S/C
2: Full Kook's exhaust
3: 4.10 gears
4: Dynotune

.........:hmmm:

1stMerc
03-25-2009, 07:35 AM

Ed

It's good to hear someone else watches PimP My Ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WcpfeYerps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnJqaz75T0g&feature=related

Dennis Reinhart
03-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Papa John, I feel your pain, call me I may be able to help. As Meatloaf said two out of three aint bad. But I am sure I have a buyer for this kit.