PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought Lidios pretuned SCT yet?Need 2 know before I purchase!

guccijayda
03-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Hey how you guys doing? :beer: I am new to the marauder site but I've been actively reading threads on here for more than a year!

Just FYI, I have kept my 03 marauder completely stock by appearance and mean to keep it that way! For performance, I currently have a JLT Intake(Thanks to this site) and flowmaster 40's! Oh yeah and btw, my screenname may be a little awkward but its just both of my pitbulls names put together!

Problem and question is. Has anyone bought the pretuned SCT by LIdio lately? I have emailed him three days ago and called since Wednesday and left a voicemail and still no reply nor does he answer his phone. Also the technical phone number given on the alternative auto website has been disconnected(Although Lidios direct number still works).

So I am kind of iffy to buy his pretuned sct from alternativeauto.com and plus I even emailed the email address from the innovativeinterceptors.com (http://www.innovativeinterceptors.com/mm.html) website. I know hes a trustworthy guy, its just that I don't want to cash out 400 dollars and find out its discontinued, backordered, or no longer in business?

Are both these websites selling the same pretuned sct by lidio?

Thank you for any help guys! Please bear with my "noobieness" as I searched throughout this whole forum day in day out for answers! :banana:

PS- Anyone with recommendable alternative options for my situation in tuning please feel free to comment! My marauder got me whipped! Don't tell my wife

O's Fan Rich
03-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Was my FIRST perf mod, ordered the K&N CAI and his tune....
changed the whole car for the better!

I'm heading out to see him on Thursday..... 3rd time for a custom tune...

Trust him... he's awesome!

O's Fan Rich
03-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Hey how you guys doing? :beer: I am new to the marauder site but I've been actively reading threads on here for more than a year!

Just FYI, I have kept my 03 marauder completely stock by appearance and mean to keep it that way! For performance, I currently have a JLT Intake(Thanks to this site) and flowmaster 40's! Oh yeah and btw, my screenname may be a little awkward but its just both of my pitbulls names put together!

Problem and question is. Has anyone bought the pretuned SCT by LIdio lately? I have emailed him three days ago and called since Wednesday and left a voicemail and still no reply nor does he answer his phone. Also the technical phone number given on the alternative auto website has been disconnected(Although Lidios direct number still works).

So I am kind of iffy to buy his pretuned sct from alternativeauto.com and plus I even emailed the email address from the innovativeinterceptors.com (http://www.innovativeinterceptors.com/mm.html) website. I know hes a trustworthy guy, its just that I don't want to cash out 400 dollars and find out its discontinued, backordered, or no longer in business?

Are both these websites selling the same pretuned sct by lidio?

Thank you for any help guys! Please bear with my "noobieness" as I searched throughout this whole forum day in day out for answers! :banana:

PS- Anyone with recommendable alternative options for my situation in tuning please feel free to comment! My marauder got me whipped! Don't tell my wife

I just spoke to Lidio on the phone last week.... called on the website number.... no idea what the issue is.

I also have gotten 2 pm's from him this week......

O's Fan Rich
03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Alternative Auto Performance
51945 Gratiot Ave, Chesterfield Twp., Michigan 48051
Phone: 586.949.7505 - Fax: 586.949.7501

guccijayda
03-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks on the reply bro! Do you know which website I should order from? Alternative auto or innovative interceptors?

I know hes very trustworthy and well known but its just that I want to make sure the parts are in stock and that hes still available now. Some people said he stopped doing custom tunes? I dont know im confused:eek:

Thanks

guccijayda
03-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Alternative Auto Performance
51945 Gratiot Ave, Chesterfield Twp., Michigan 48051
Phone: 586.949.7505 - Fax: 586.949.7501

Thanks bro really appreciated! Well its good to know that you have spoken to him recently! I guess ill wait it out for a couple more days. Maybe he's at the Kentucky meet. :sleepy:

SILVERSURFER03
03-27-2009, 05:38 PM
I haven't had any problems reaching him I have is tune and love it

guccijayda
03-27-2009, 05:41 PM

I can't wait to love it with ya!:banana:

UncleLar
03-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Ditto. XCal3 and a K&N FIPK.
I've called him twice with questions and both times he took the time to fully answer them.

O's Fan Rich
03-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks on the reply bro! Do you know which website I should order from? Alternative auto or innovative interceptors?

I know hes very trustworthy and well known but its just that I want to make sure the parts are in stock and that hes still available now. Some people said he stopped doing custom tunes? I dont know im confused:eek:

Thanks
Pick up the phone and call him direct.
Leave a message if the machine answers, leave a number, he'll call you back.

If not pm me your contact info and I'll hand it to him on Friday morning!

BAD MERC
03-27-2009, 06:36 PM
The Xcal2 was one of the later mods I did. In hindsight it seemed like a ton of money. Now I realize that I should have had it in-hand when I took delivery of my Marauder. Before the tune my tranny always shifted up too soon and I found myself manually shifting and driving with OD off. Now it's shifts perfectly and feels like it is always in the right gear at the right time. I don't know what changes to expect on 2003 cars - but buying it will not be a mistake.

oldekid
03-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Meet Reba, she loves Lidio!

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/JohnTrogdon/Canon%2085L%20Lens/IMG_0878web-1.jpg

SID210SA
03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
You can order from either site....Innovative is a vendor for Lidio...both are very trust worthy....I have Lidio's tune in my 04 and love it....although the Xcal 2 is no longer available...you have to get the Xcal 3.

guccijayda
03-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Guys. Again, Let me tell ya you guys are right on point! Fast, and helpful what would I do without ya. Thanks so much, I have always been a fan of forums since the d16y8 civic days, lol, but never have I been happier with my Marauder and the community.

Since of all the replies about people having contact with Lidio lately, I'm going to go ahead and buy the sct and tune from alternative auto!! (ehh im stuck with my 3.55 gears hopefully they still do the damage)

I had two crown victoria p71's(god i love our trannies) in the past, a civic d16y8 greddy turbo'd and tuned, and most recently sold my dodge neon srt-4 12 second car!! Now I plan on sticking with hardbody's and plan on buying an impala ss also! Keep ya updated!!

a_d_a_m
03-27-2009, 10:14 PM
What'd I tell ya, dude? Lidio is well-respected in the Marauder circles. You don't hear much negative press about him.

guccijayda
03-27-2009, 11:01 PM
What'd I tell ya, dude? Lidio is well-respected in the Marauder circles. You don't hear much negative press about him.

Please read all my posts. I NEVER said anything negative or thought anything negative about lidio. I said from the get-go that he is very well known with a great reputation. Thanks for all the input tho bro it's really appreciated:bows:

I solely posted this thread to see if anyone dealt with him lately to see if he's still in business and available before I purchase my item.

Thanks

rayjay
03-28-2009, 01:44 AM
There are draw backs to his tune. The constantly unlocked TC was not a good match for where I do most of my driving. It also hurts gas mileage. Of course a dyno tune fixed it.

Bradley G
03-28-2009, 03:16 AM
Till highway speeds, 63 mph.You don't need a dyno for that adjustment.
Maybe you modified your Lidio tune, "fix" leads me to believe "it's broke" which in my case, "it ain't".
As far as I'm concerned I have beat the everlivin' snot out of this car with a Lidio Trilogy tune, for over four years and 45000, miles and it has been flawless.
Before that I had his N/A tune since the Marauder had 15K .
A friend and I are going out to see him for a tune on his '07 Mustang in a week or so, I'm trying to get a vaca day to tag along.
There are draw backs to his tune. The constantly unlocked TC was not a good match for where I do most of my driving. It also hurts gas mileage. Of course a dyno tune fixed it.

guccijayda
03-28-2009, 03:36 AM
Yeah im also fine with the tc being off until 63 mph no problem.
The local mechanics charging me $400 dollars to install the 4.10 gears, do you think that is reasonable? Unfortunately, I'll probably be running with the 3.55 tune for a while, would that still be enough power to run low 14's? Ty

RoyLPita
03-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Is that including all parts? Without parts I can have them installed for $200.

O's Fan Rich
03-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Guys. Again, Let me tell ya you guys are right on point! Fast, and helpful what would I do without ya. Thanks so much, I have always been a fan of forums since the d16y8 civic days, lol, but never have I been happier with my Marauder and the community.

Since of all the replies about people having contact with Lidio lately, I'm going to go ahead and buy the sct and tune from alternative auto!! (ehh im stuck with my 3.55 gears hopefully they still do the damage)

I had two crown victoria p71's(god i love our trannies) in the past, a civic d16y8 greddy turbo'd and tuned, and most recently sold my dodge neon srt-4 12 second car!! Now I plan on sticking with hardbody's and plan on buying an impala ss also! Keep ya updated!!

You can ask Lidio to install a tune for the gear ratio of your choice in addition to the 3:55 tune.
That way when you swap gears in the future, you can reflash that tune in and be on your way!
That's what I did.

a_d_a_m
03-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Please read all my posts. I NEVER said anything negative or thought anything negative about lidio. I said from the get-go that he is very well known with a great reputation. I know, but our conversation led me to believe you weren't sure which way you wanted to go with the tune, which is why I was saying "see, told ya so". I didn't mean you said anything bad about him.

gmtech
03-28-2009, 08:18 AM
The local mechanics charging me $400 dollars to install the 4.10 gears, do you think that is reasonable? Unfortunately, I'll probably be running with the 3.55 tune for a while, would that still be enough power to run low 14's? Ty

I have a Xcal2 from Lidio in the classifieds if your car is a 03 with a BMDO PCM Code:D. IT has 3 tunes in it.:D

guccijayda
03-28-2009, 10:25 AM
I know, but our conversation led me to believe you weren't sure which way you wanted to go with the tune, which is why I was saying "see, told ya so". I didn't mean you said anything bad about him.

Thanks! Yea no problem bro I just didn't want anyone to think I said any negative things about anyone but your right I misinterpreted it a tad bit lol.

I just talked to DR and he said I can have a tuned sct 3 pretty quick so I might head that directions. Thanks guys.

Smokie
03-28-2009, 10:48 AM

I had Lidio change my t/c lock-up from 63 mph to 59 mph. There are times when I have to cruise at 60 mph for extended periods of time and a locked converter gives you better mpg. I also did not enjoy the constant locking and unlocking of t/c when I cruised between 60 mph and 65 mph.

LANDY
03-28-2009, 11:04 AM
me too one of the main roads around here its 55mph cops dont care about 60mph but do care about 65 and i am gettin a tune also wut about reinhart or zack can they lower the lock up 2

rayjay
03-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Till highway speeds, 63 mph.You don't need a dyno for that adjustment.
Maybe you modified your Lidio tune, "fix" leads me to believe "it's broke" which in my case, "it ain't".
As far as I'm concerned I have beat the everlivin' snot out of this car with a Lidio Trilogy tune, for over four years and 45000, miles and it has been flawless.
Before that I had his N/A tune since the Marauder had 15K .
A friend and I are going out to see him for a tune on his '07 Mustang in a week or so, I'm trying to get a vaca day to tag along.

Now that my internet and phone works again... I can not modify my Lidio tune as it is contained on a chip, not a tuner. I'm 100% sure that if I took my car to Lidio to tune, it would be great. Mail order tunes do not always do as advertised. There are variances in cars too. My DTR actually made more power without the chip installed. The 1st time it was on a dyno at a college cruise in, I was actually embarassed by the numbers it made. 227hp? with PHP/JLT intake, PHP spacer and chip.
Once it was dyno tuned by Kaufmann's MotorSports I was quite happy with it. I live in the country and rarely drive interstates. Having the TC unlocked constantly did not work for me and was lowering my MPG to an unacceptable level. I dunno, maybe my chip was burned on a Friday :dunno:

Rawderboy
04-28-2009, 02:49 AM
I just got my tune from him about a month ago and man he is the TRUTH!!!! He is busy as hell there I may suggest to him that he gets a secretary to answer the phone LOL!!!!!!

Rawderboy
04-28-2009, 02:55 AM
Thats just a joke!!!

jonroe
04-28-2009, 05:51 AM
I had Lidio change my t/c lock-up from 63 mph to 59 mph. There are times when I have to cruise at 60 mph for extended periods of time and a locked converter gives you better mpg. I also did not enjoy the constant locking and unlocking of t/c when I cruised between 60 mph and 65 mph.

I had a similar situation. I tried the 63 lock-up but it wasn't that convenient for me in the DC metro area so I asked Lidio to lower it. He's not keen on the idea but he did it for me. Also, the trans oil runs hotter on the highway when you are not locked up. I have lowered my highway trans oil temps some with the lower lock-up. Even if one could only get the higher speed lock-up it would be worth it to get rid of the thing at lower speeds driving around town - what a PITA that is!

hidperf
04-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Lidio XCAL2, K&N FIPK and 4.10s dropped over 1sec on my car without trying. I also did the J-mod and I'm completely happy with every aspect of the car.

Taemian
04-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Lidio is the man, no doubt about it.