PDA

View Full Version : product warning for you guys

Black_Noise
04-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Tire Shine Gel Warning

So the wifey was working on a computer for someone, so I went to work to use the car wash stall (perks of the job) and took my time cleaning the Ram up.

Washed the outside, vacumed the inside and wiped down the doors and dash with quick detailer.

Anyways I have been wanting to try some tire shine gel just to see if they were any good, I stopped and picked up some Armor all :( "extreme tire shine gel" or something like that, its in an orange bottle and came with a spounge to apply.

WELL - This has got to be the worst "tire shine" I have every seen or used!

It feels like cooking grease and looks like .... well, I cant say, it did not soak into the tire, and it does not get into crack/side wall design or even into the letters at all.

Just warning you guys, Im going back to what I used before.

Do Not Try Armor All Tire Shine Gel!

Its is a very very crappy product.

If going to return it, and if they dont let me, I will dump it out in thier parking lot.

BAD MERC
04-04-2009, 12:57 PM
The best, best - I mean BEST shine I have ever used is available at ww.MSITRT.com which is Mark Supply out of Venice, Fl. I use their silicone-based aerosol spray that goes on even and stays put. It's called "Insta Shine". I buy it by the case. Anyone that's ever seen my car knows how I am about the cleanliness.

TiTo35
04-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Three things.
1. Write Armor ALL.
2. Dont dump it in the parking lot. Use it for a the dash...:lol:
3. Go buy yourself some Meguiars Hot and Shine in the can.

MrBluGruv
04-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I just recently tried some Eagle 1 product, the all purpose tire and wheel cleaner and "keep clean wheel" that they offer. The store had a buy one get the other free deal going on so I thought it was a no-brainer.

Honestly I've been very very impressed, the cleaner cuts through grease and break dust like it's nothing, you can watch the foam turn from white to brown from it breaking off all the gunk, and the keep clean wheel product is like the easiest job I've EVER had getting the rims clean. BE CAREFUL THOUGH, it seems like if you get this product on the tire itself, it leaves this gunkyness that looks a lot like if someone did a horrible job applying a wax coat after washing a car...

Black_Noise
04-04-2009, 01:24 PM
so far in my arsonal against dirtyness....

I use mequiers interior detail spray in the black bottle, for door panels and dash, Im still using windex on the windows, but am ready to change to sparkle. On the wheels with break dust I use simple grean and a small soft scrub brush and have water to rinse imeadiatly after. I use advanced auto tire shine in a red aresol can, smells great but has a little to much shine for me.
Im also using NuFinish wax and mequiers clay bar... as well as various other items for various other things... such as Plexus, Neverdull, zymol, bluemagic, goo gone, black magic, and malco.

Just wanted to you guys to be aware of the horrible product armor all has, I moved away from all/any of thier products a long time ago, but was willing to give their tire shine gel a try and was severly disappointed.

BAD MERC
04-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I never use petroleum-based stuff. It is the worst stuff for plastic and rubber. Armor-All is crap in reality.

Peace2Peep
04-04-2009, 02:03 PM
The Zaino tire polish stuff is awesome and lasts a LONG time(I mean its a big bottle that lasts through many applications) it is water soluable and leaves no buildup on the tires and doesnt turn them brown or sling off and crap up the body panels.

You apply it like a polish and apply two coats and it actually "Dries" into a deep shine that lasts.

I'm sure its a little pricey but it comes in a huge bottle that so far has lasted me near two years.

duhtroll
04-04-2009, 02:26 PM
It does absorb into the tire. You used too much. It is not as good as other tire products - I agree, but I used way too much the first time, too.

It lasts pretty well, though, once it "soaks" for a few hours. I always detail mine the night before I take it somewhere it needs to look good since I have to make sure there are no more drips from the f:censor: trunk lid anyway, and the stuff works into the tire overnight.

Whatever you do, don't get it on the treads...

Tire Shine Gel Warning

MyTMerc
04-04-2009, 03:02 PM
I've used it many times with very good results. The applicator gives you good control over where it goes. Yes, you have to make sure you get the nooks and crannys. I let it set over night also before I drive it. I try to do that with any tire shine product. It does not clean the tire so you can't skip that step ( No, I don't think you did;)) like you can with some spray ons.

I'm sure there are better products. I hope you find something that works for you.

Egon Spengler
04-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Gliptone... anything and everything Gliptone... I am in love with their products right down to their tire jelly!

Blackmobile
04-04-2009, 05:29 PM
I never use petroleum-based stuff. It is the worst stuff for plastic and rubber. Armor-All is crap in reality.

You said a mouthful there, all I've ever seen Armor-All do is screw up plastics and crack rubber. I use almost anything BUT A-A.

Ed