PDA

View Full Version : Reinhart Stage .7

cyclone03
10-02-2003, 07:17 AM
In Dallas I had Dennis reflash my computer with all the mods
except a gear change.

Well after 2 weeks and some testing here's my results.
I believe we have a winner!
On the drive home,or right out of the gate of the MotorPlex the
first thing I noticed was the shifts,on "normal"throttle just snick,snick,snick. No nonsense just a trans shifting as one would exspect.
WOT! Wow the shifts are FIRM,they are not slamming hard,but there not stock either.I've heard some think the stock trims shifts hard at WOT so I don't know if they'll like the added pea under the
mattres.

On the highway the performance of the trans is transformed.
In a way it acts like a manual trans,when tipping the throttle to pass or just change lanes it doesn't go for the quick down shift,the engine is allowed to work some,the downshift will come if you give it more throttle but 85%of the time the engine does the job.
Now overall power.
Yes you can feel it without a gear change.I don't know how to discribe it.
So I put it on the Dyno Jet yesterday.
268rwhp about 280+ftlbs of torque(I sat about because I'm at work and I don't have the printout with me,I'll edit this again later)
I didn't do a before test,but most stockers make about 235 or so to the wheels,so I'm looking at a 30hp gain easy.

The big change says my Dyno operator is the fuel curve,wow 13.0 across the board.That is great btw.

I then headed over to the Drag Strip.

My previous best was 15.36.
Now the weather last night was much better than last May so improvement would come from that,luckly I had Davinsa with me,he ran in Dallas and last night he picked up .2 sec from there so I figured if I ran stock last night I would be about a 15.16 or so.

Well I ran 14.86!Clip,stat,plugs and pulleys.Not bad I think.

Oh and on the way ome from Dallas I got my all time best MPG 24.8!

RF Overlord
10-02-2003, 08:22 AM
cyclone:

Those are great numbers! Like you said: "We have a weiner!" OOPS, I meant "WINNER"!

:lol:

SergntMac
10-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Gongrats, Lance, I know you're having a ball!

Smokie
10-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Congratulations cyclone03 Great time, your mods are very similar to mine so I have now a very close idea of where Dennis got me; and the enjoyment of the car has increased more than I need to tell you. :banana2: :banana:

Daveinsa
10-02-2003, 04:04 PM
It was fun racing you at the track. We got a few looks as we came side by side at the line.

Oh, didn't I tell you that you'll hit 14.8 with that reflash.

Let's check it again in the beginning of November. Maybe on a 65 degree night. Im interested to see if there is any difference with no adjustments in performance mods.

cya

Dave

Bigdogjim
10-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Great post! I think that a lot out of "stock" Marauder.

Petrograde
10-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Lemme get this straight.....
Dennis reflashed your stock EEC?

Tom

cyclone03
10-03-2003, 08:07 AM
Yup.
No covers removed,no tell tail signs that anything has changed.
Until you mash the right pedal.