PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler tuning?

BigCars4Ever
04-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I know you focus mostly on Fords and some GM's but I have a '07 Pacifica and I can't stand the way it shifts. It feels like they engage 2nd with the TC locked up at light throttle. I'm always looking in the rearview to see if I need to pick up pieces. Is there any way to remedy this? Thanks, Ron

Egon Spengler
04-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah... don't buy Chrysler! I drove a PT Cruiser rental that had 80 miles on it... I returned it with less than 500 and the tranny was already acting funky... I hate to say bad things about an American car co, but I hate the reliability of Chrysler... or lack there of!

Lidio
04-06-2009, 12:16 PM
I know you focus mostly on Fords and some GM's but I have a '07 Pacifica and I can't stand the way it shifts. It feels like they engage 2nd with the TC locked up at light throttle. I'm always looking in the rearview to see if I need to pick up pieces. Is there any way to remedy this? Thanks, Ron

I'm sorry but we are not getting into those right. I understand your frustration on the shifting. Its a proven fact that short-shift and early lock-up promotes the best MPG's. Which is fine for most consumers. But its the gear heads and true car guys that get annoyed by it.

Unfortunately I cant address these shift problems on every thing, only most RWD Fords. Some FWD Fords and only GM's with LSx based V-8's.

Thanks

fastblackmerc
04-06-2009, 12:41 PM

Have you tried googeling to see if there is a Pacifica forum? I'd try them first.

imorb1994
04-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Have you tried googeling to see if there is a Pacifica forum? I'd try them first.
http://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15
like this^^^^^^

MrBluGruv
04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
lol, I always wanted to build up one of those PT Cruiser GT turbos, I thought it'd be hilarious to ruin people's days in one of those. :P Weren't they the same engine setup as the SRT-4 neons?

BigCars4Ever
04-07-2009, 09:57 AM
I've lurked on the forums. Mostly people complaining about stuff breaking. Now I wish I had bought the Pilot.

Raudermaster
04-14-2009, 10:18 AM
lol, I always wanted to build up one of those PT Cruiser GT turbos, I thought it'd be hilarious to ruin people's days in one of those. :P Weren't they the same engine setup as the SRT-4 neons?

They're the same liter size, 2.4l, but the SRT-4 is a DOHC, and I believe the PT GT is a SOHC, although I'm having a hard time verifying this. And if it is indeed a DOHC, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay detuned. They only make 180hp I believe compared to the SRT-4 which is 240.

offroadkarter
04-21-2009, 05:36 AM
They're the same liter size, 2.4l, but the SRT-4 is a DOHC, and I believe the PT GT is a SOHC, although I'm having a hard time verifying this. And if it is indeed a DOHC, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay detuned. They only make 180hp I believe compared to the SRT-4 which is 240.

All PT cruisers are DOHC

The PT turbo lite is 180hp

the PT GT turbo is 220hp from 03-04, and 230hp for 05+, due to a better intake manifold and larger fuel injectors.

Stock SRT 4's are 230bhp