PDA

View Full Version : SCT Chip question: Unable to pull diagnostic info

Embassy
04-08-2009, 02:46 PM
My former '98 has a red SCT chip plugged into the ECM. This tunes the Vic to run 93 octaine, colder plugs, and be able to use the Marauder's airbox and MAF.

The new owner is unable to pull any diagnostic readings, at the emissions testing center, from the under dash port. Would the chip be the cause of this, preventing any readings from being pulled?

Thanks in advance.

FordNut
04-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Possibly. There is a special adapter cable that you can get from SCT which allows the xcal to communicate with a chipped PCM. I thought it was only needed for datalogging but it may be needed to pull codes also.

justbob
04-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes the adapter is needed to simply read codes, or removal of the chip.

Zack
04-08-2009, 06:09 PM
All you need to do is remove pin #13 from the OBD2 port under the dash.
Maybe someone can provide a diagram or pinout.

Zack
04-08-2009, 06:11 PM
http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12001

..in case you dont believe me :D

High-C
04-09-2009, 10:52 AM
http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12001

..in case you dont believe me :D

Why would I EVER not believe you??? :P

You da man Zack... Thanks for your help. We'll see if this solves the problem. I assume that there is no need for that pin, allowing it to be removed...

justbob
04-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Also, is this port the one we plug into? or the pcm harness? Next, how does the pin come out?

I looked into this on the pcm side when i talked to tou Zack, i even went as far as taking the pcm apart, still couldn't figure it out. I felt i was doing something WAY overboard in the wrong direction and haven't looked into it any further since.

Zack
04-10-2009, 04:36 AM
Also, is this port the one we plug into? or the pcm harness? Next, how does the pin come out?

I looked into this on the pcm side when i talked to tou Zack, i even went as far as taking the pcm apart, still couldn't figure it out. I felt i was doing something WAY overboard in the wrong direction and haven't looked into it any further since.

Its not at the pcm, its pin 13 on the OBD2 port above your right knee.

RF Overlord
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Lidio has those adapter cables...I got one a few years ago. Works fine...and was inexpensive, too.

justbob
04-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I forgot to respond to this. I removed pin thirteen and all is well now.