PDA

View Full Version : High Capacity trans cooler

Dennis Reinhart
10-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Here is the large high capacity transmission cooler with stainless steel lines I have had made for the Marauder, this cooler increases fluid capacity and ensures the trans is at a proper operating temprature, at the same I had the Trans completly upgraded with the forced lube tail shaft assembly along with a fully modified valve body and hardened out put shaft.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/MVC-191S.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/MVC-192S.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/MVC-193F.jpg

RF Overlord
10-03-2003, 04:12 AM
Dennis:

Does your new cooler take the place of the stock unit, or is it in addition to it? Will there be any benefit to installing it on a N/A car with an unmodified transmission?

Dennis Reinhart
10-03-2003, 02:08 PM
It replaces the stock one

Zack
10-03-2003, 02:18 PM
This would be a good opportuninty to use the old trans cooler as an oil cooler.

JET
10-05-2003, 07:41 AM
Who needs this mod & why?

I kind of think I know the answer but would appreciate clearer understanding of the application.

RF Overlord
10-05-2003, 08:00 AM
Basically, we ALL need this mod.

Read Jerry's (that's right...THE Jerry) article on Transmissions 101 (http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/transmission/index.shtml) on the TCCOA site...

But to steal the relevent quote: "For every 20° increase in transmission fluid temperature over 170°F, the life of the fluid is cut in HALF" (emphasis mine).

As soon as Dennis is ready to sell it, this is my next mod.

JET
10-05-2003, 08:29 AM
RF,

The question pertained to the cooler the not upgrade of the trans.

Thanks for the link.

Dennis Reinhart
10-05-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by marauder2306
Who needs this mod & why?

I kind of think I know the answer but would appreciate clearer understanding of the application.

well one, the cooler in the car now is low efficiency, this cooler I am using is overkill its huge thats good because it adds fluid capacity, you can do this with a better pan but those that are out there have no baffle in them so if you go WOT where do you think the fluid goes. That is bad the car can draw air so a good high capacity cooler is allways a good thing.

RF Overlord
10-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by marauder2306
RF,

The question pertained to the cooler the not upgrade of the trans.

I was talking about the cooler...the link was just for general reference to a great article by one of our favourite engineers...

schuvwj
10-05-2003, 09:59 AM
I'm in. I'll take one!

Another great job Dennis!

SergntMac
10-05-2003, 10:09 AM
And Zack's suggestion of using the OEM tranny cooler to cool engine/supercharger oil, is another great idea. Hey Dennis, how about a braided line kit with all the fixtures for this engine-eous idea?

JET
10-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Dennis,
Good enough, I'll take one too.

BigMerc
10-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Yeah you guys are killing me!! I gotta have one too, I'm eating cat food over here,paying for all the things evil Dennis comes up with. Evil Dennis because just when I think I'm done, boom!he hits the boards with another mod, I picture him grinning when he does it knowing, (said in chant like voice) "We cannot resist the Dennis, Dennis knows best, follow the Dennis".
I'm just thinking here,it is kinda like a cult, we follow "The Dennis", OK I'm in but I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid!!!

Zack
10-05-2003, 08:56 PM
I lowered my trans temps over 30 degrees by installing a trans cooler. Cheap insurance. The temps never get over 150 now.
Nice!!!

cruzer
10-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Does this change the engine cooling capacity by cutting airflow thru the radiator---in Texas, that could be a problem

Zack
10-05-2003, 09:02 PM
I was afraid of the same thing but you have nothing to worry about. The fan might have to come run a tad bit longer during slow speed driving but its on all the time anyway if you have the A/C on. No need to worry about it.

03SILVERSTREAK
10-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
well one, the cooler in the car now is low efficiency, this cooler I am using is overkill its huge thats good because it adds fluid capacity, you can do this with a better pan but those that are out there have no baffle in them so if you go WOT where do you think the fluid goes. That is bad the car can draw air so a good high capacity cooler is allways a good thing.

That does it . Dennis if you make them or have it made as part of your product , I'll buy one... :up:

metroplex
10-11-2003, 06:35 PM
It looks like the 28,000 GVW B&M racing trans cooler.