PDA

View Full Version : Falcon and Hawk

pantheroc
04-17-2009, 06:18 PM
From the looks of it, we have a male peregrine falcon mating with a hawk. We saw them mating one morning. Also, they are always feasting at the buffet in our back yard.

The picture below is the first time I tried to capture them on camera. I had to take the photo through binoculars. It's not the greatest photo, but all I can get. The falcon is on the left and the hawk on the right. They just got done munching on a bird.

Question: is there much inter-breed mating that goes on? Who's in town that would be interested in getting photos? <hint>CRUZTAKER;)</hint>.

CRUZTAKER
04-17-2009, 07:55 PM
From the looks of it, we have a male peregrine falcon mating with a hawk. We saw them mating one morning. Also, they are always feasting at the buffet in our back yard.

The picture below is the first time I tried to capture them on camera. I had to take the photo through binoculars. It's not the greatest photo, but all I can get. The falcon is on the left and the hawk on the right. They just got done munching on a bird.

Question: is there much inter-breed mating that goes on? Who's in town that would be interested in getting photos? <hint>CRUZTAKER;)</hint>.

Sorry man....the big lens got dropped a few weeks ago.
Still have not heard back from Nikon.

Only shooting macros lately.