PDA

View Full Version : Pop-ups

11-03-2002, 10:34 AM
For some reason, whenever I come to this web site and everytime I make a move on it, I get a pop-up to install "Macromedia Player". Are others being bothered with this also?

MAD-3R
11-03-2002, 11:00 AM
Nope., not me. Maybe something running in the background.

Logan
11-03-2002, 02:30 PM
One of the banners at the top is a shockwave Flash file, which is why it's trying to get the plug-in. It's safe to allow it to download the plug-in.

This site assumes everyone's using the latest available browser...

11-03-2002, 08:55 PM
One doesn't need the "media player" to view the posts on this board, and, since I got rid of the "media player" program, my computor is running better. The pop-ups for the "media player" only occur on this board and they are a royal pain. When I actually need it to view something, I'll just download it then. Are they a source of income for this web site?:(

Logan
11-04-2002, 08:53 AM
There are NO POPUPS on this board. The site assumes you are running Internet Explorer 6.0, which will certainly work just fine. The Shockwave flash plug-in ships with IE, which is required to view a couple of the banners at the top of the pages.

I can't do anything about it if you decided to remove media player from your pc.