PDA

View Full Version : It's time to call it quits.

Darrin
04-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Because of the recent actions of a couple of members here, I am leaving.

I want no part of their problems. I want to only be in places where I can have open discussions where the TRUTH about matters can be discussed. I cannot participate where mudslingers are allowed to run freely.

I am sorry everyone. I think you all know my real reputation and, as always, I will definitely continue to provide the highest and best quality products to anyone who wants to purchase them from me.

I hate to do this, but I have no choice. I can't waste my time this way. Life is too short.

I am no longer accepting emails or PM's from this site. So please, anyone needing to contact me either call me at 317-514-0816 or email me at sales@bc-automotive.com

Thanks much to all of the good people here. Again, I am sorry that it had to turn out this way. I am always available for those who need me though.

Darrin

BODYMAN
04-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Sorry to see this Darrin!

merc
04-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Wow another supporting vendor murdered on this site. :confused:

This is the short list of vendors on this site.

Innovative Interceptors
TCE Performance (no longer supporting)
SS Inserts
Alternative Automotive (no longer supporting)
JLT Performance (no longer supporting)
Colex Inc.
Pops Stereo
BC Automotive ( Murdered)
Linear Logic
SRP Racing

SID210SA
04-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Its a revolving door.....hopefully you will return someday....others have...

BODYMAN
04-24-2009, 09:12 AM

This is so sad! We all love are cars & and I know we all get passionate about them. BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My 1st Marauder was sent to KB when it only had1100 miles to be modified when I got it home I had to go thru and tighten every loose bolt?
alot of $ spent to have to do this I blasted Dave frey at KB in private but never once thought about doing it in public
but probably not fair for me to say as I do not know certain peoples sitiuation so maybe Iam saying to much?

Zack
04-24-2009, 09:17 AM

Not murdered, he did it to himself.
Afterall, you have his $3000 transmission with my tune in it cause he couldnt figure it out on his own.

merc
04-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Not murdered, he did it to himself.
Afterall, you have his $3000 transmission with my tune in it cause he couldnt figure it out on his own.

I wish it was just 3000.00 and yes your tune saved the day for me and I am still running it proudly. :banana2:

FordNut
04-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Bye-bye...

MM03MOK
04-24-2009, 10:07 AM

This is the short list of vendors on this site.

Innovative Interceptors
TCE Performance (no longer supporting)
SS Inserts
Alternative Automotive (no longer supporting)
JLT Performance (no longer supporting)
Colex Inc.
Pops Stereo
BC Automotive ( Murdered)
Linear Logic
SRP Racing
Mark - you are incorrect. Lidio renewed his vendorship for 2009. JLT is still a paying vendor. TCE contributes, though his sales from the website are few and far between.

merc
04-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Mark - you are incorrect. Lidio renewed his vendorship for 2009. JLT is still a paying vendor. TCE contributes, though his sales from the website are few and far between.

Thank you for the update. Question, did Lidio support the site in 2007 & 2008?

Haggis
04-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Thank you for the update.

YEAH!!!! Take that you glass half empty person. :razz:

Blackmobile
04-24-2009, 10:19 AM
All I can add to this is when my tranny went south (1-2 shift went to mush) I tried to get it repaired by ATF (http://www.atfspeed.com/) on the order of Brian, Just to fix what was wrong and leave everything else alone. They refused with the reasoning, they could not guarantee the function of the rest of the trans. So they built me a high end tranny with all their approved parts for $3k. The trans they returned to me was Kick A$$, but it did have an issue in time, but they repaired it for NO CHARGE. I say it that way because the repair was done AFTER the warranty was up. These guys Rock.

Moral of the story, if you repair a broken part and it breaks again, YOU are the one the responsabilty falls on.

merc
04-24-2009, 10:21 AM

It's not much of a glass Gordon. :argue: more like a dixie cup

Darrin
04-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Moral of the story, if you repair a broken part and it breaks again, YOU are the one the responsabilty falls on.

Unless you tell the customer it has no warranty as was the case here. He agreed and his payment was the seal on that contract. He could have said no, but he chose the way things went, not I.

But, please don't forget, the transmission worked. He cannot and will not say that the transmission didn't work.

Lovely how he always sidesteps that.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to discuss it and get the real truth out in the open without the thread being locked and that is why it's time to go.

Darrin

Haggis
04-24-2009, 10:41 AM
It's not much of a glass Gordon. :argue: more like a dixie cup

Whine...whine...:bigcry:

Give it here then, this is still better then the other place. :doorhittingbutt:

MM03MOK
04-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Thank you for the update. Question, did Lidio support the site in 2007 & 2008?
Lidio has always supported this site from the beginning. He may not be visible but he has always been a vendor.

DEFYANT
04-24-2009, 10:48 AM

:lol:

Now that was frikin funny.

Anyway, thanks for lettin me pick your brain Darrin. Frankly, any business will have a disgruntled customer. You shouldnt close up shop. Unless, your that other guy who managed to piss off most the membership here and over there.....:o:cool:

John Nero
04-24-2009, 10:50 AM
darrin sold me a killer trans and the real test will be with the new motor and i'm shore it will handle the power because you know me - i no how to break things and beat the p..s out of them

Dennis Reinhart
04-24-2009, 02:47 PM
:lol:

Now that was frikin funny.

Anyway, thanks for lettin me pick your brain Darrin. Frankly, any business will have a disgruntled customer. You shouldnt close up shop. Unless, your that other guy who managed to piss off most the membership here and over there.....:o:cool:

Hang in there Darrin, it could be worse, you could get divorced and have to sell half of what you own.

Bradley G
04-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Well, I'm very sorry to learn this.
It has been real tacky, how some have treated you, I'll appoligize for them.
They Must have a little big mans complex.
I would have never gone to the efforts you did, to explain the delicate situation(s) you were in.
Some of us really need to grow up and quit crying.
It is pathetic to the degree some have taken this.
I am better understanding the 80/20 rule
PS.
I am still looking to get a convertor and maybe a valve body for both my cars.
I just located a 2004 doner convertor if you will still build me one like we talked about.

Mach1Marauder
04-25-2009, 02:57 AM
Well, I'm very sorry to learn this.
It has been real tacky, how some have treated you, I'll appoligize for them.
They Must have a little big mans complex.
I would have never gone to the efforts you did, to explain the delicate situation(s) you were in.
Some of us really need to grow up and quit crying.
It is pathetic to the degree some have taken this.
I am better understanding the 80/20 rule
PS.
I am still looking to get a convertor and maybe a valve body for both my cars.
I just located a 2004 doner convertor if you will still build me one like we talked about.
I fully agree.
It's a crying shame that this has happened. I had looked into becoming a supporting vendor here, but after seeing the conduct of certain induviduals on this board, I quickly changed my mind.

Darrin.
You can't make everyone happy, no mater how far you bend over backwards.
I do know one thing. I'll continue to do my best to support your company by building more radical vehicles and using your transmissions to keep those vehicles on the street and strip and to keep MY customers grinning from ear to ear.
Thanks for all your hard work and great service!!!:beer:

Bradley G
04-25-2009, 03:06 AM
If you walk away Darrien, you surrender to the idiot(s) that have put you in a no win situation.

Mongoose
04-25-2009, 03:50 AM
When I started on reviving the Beast a little over 2yrs ago, I entrusted Darrin to build me a tranny and converter that would meet my specs, 4000# car, 4.10 gears, Vortech with JT trim, and 925hp at the crank. With the current configuration putting out about 775 hp and 1200 break in miles under a full gamut of acceleration tests, there's no doubt in my mind that when the Beast reaches its full potential this year, the tranny will perform as desired. Although I do not know all the circumstances for your decision Darrin, I do respect your craftsmanship and hope you reconsider.

FordNut
04-25-2009, 05:15 AM
If you walk away Darrien, you surrender to the idiot(s) that have put you in a no win situation.

Some of us idiots will never forget being screwed.

Spectragod
04-25-2009, 05:28 AM
Some of us idiots will never forget being screwed.

As much as I feel your pain, you know as well as I, racing ain't cheap, and parts break. It will happen to all of us, you need to make the best of it and move on.

Hell, we all have money wrapped up in our car that we will never recover. If I grenade my motor tomorrow, that's how the game goes, if I killed my Trilogy, and it was because of something I did, then I guess Jerry would be getting another 6+K from me, warranty or not.

Short of something being flat out defective from the box, as soon as you put it on the track, your warranty should be void, just like your car insurance, if you crash your car at the track, do you think they will pay to fix it, if you do, you better check your policy.....

Not taking any sides, as I know neither of you, but this group is about helping one another, not being hateful to one another.

Mods.... chime in, how long will the ***** throwing continue?

FordNut
04-25-2009, 05:34 AM
Apparently you haven't read the threads about it. The tranny never worked, freshly installed, on the street.

Short of something being flat out defective from the box, as soon as you put it on the track, your warranty should be void, just like your car insurance, if you crash your car at the track, do you think they will pay to fix it, if you do, you better check your policy.....

Spectragod
04-25-2009, 06:21 AM
Apparently you haven't read the threads about it. The tranny never worked, freshly installed, on the street.

I have read the threads, if it was truly DOA, then it should have gone back, seems like that would have been easier to have done instead of harping about it.

IIRC, Darrin said that you wanted you own parts installed in his rebuild :shake:, and I am missing what???

I would have to go back through all the posts, but I thought that you said that the tranny worked,but shifted soft, or something of that nature.

Really, the bottom line is that we all need to help each other, not work against one another, this is a small enough group, we shouldn't be trying to make it smaller.

I can say that I have thrown 2k into the wind before on ideas, it happens, this is, unfortunatly, not a cheap hobby.

Darrin
04-25-2009, 07:11 AM

Brain, that is a total and absolute LIE. The transmission absolutely worked. You had all gears and it shifted properly. You admitted this.

PERIOD!

And, as we all know, one lie makes for a liar. You can't trust a thing that a liar says.

You sir are therefore not to be trusted for what you say.

Darrin

Marauder386
04-25-2009, 07:39 AM
... just stop it ... stop it right now ...

Please, you two take it to PM's ...

:cool4:

Darrin
04-25-2009, 08:05 AM
... just stop it ... stop it right now ...

Please, you two take it to PM's ...

:cool4:

That would be wonderful, but he is acting like a child. You can read the comments he made yesterday.

And I will continue to tell about it to anybody on any forum that even mentions BC Automotive. I may not get a refund but...

If I can just instill a little bit of doubt about the "transmission God" into the minds of prospective customers I'll have to be satisfied with that. Then when they get screwed they will have nobody to blame but themselves.

How can that be taken to PM's? He is spreading lies and admits that he is just out to hurt my business.

He won't stop even though he has no reason for his tirade.

The transmission worked. Period. He admitted that and that is why he won't answer the questions that I asked him yesterday. I can quote what he said before and if he says that the transmission did not shift through all gears properly and have all gears then he has made a lie that can be completely proven.

I wish I had the answer as to how to stop him. If any of you have any suggestions then I am more than willing to listen. I don't want this crap. I don't deserve it.

Darrin

MM2004
04-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Brian and Darrin,

Take this off the board!

There have been numerous threads/posts about this and we are growing tired.

You two need to come to some kind of agreement, or just let it go.

Period.

Mike.

Taemian
04-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Before you two read this, remember my experience with the whole SW exhaust group buy. I understand the political nature of THIS Marauder board.

I'll be sorry to see you go, Darrin.

Fordnut, while I have immense respect for your technical abilities, I have little respect for your behaviour. It's easy to tell people "Hey, I don't recommend BC Trans, I personally had a very crappy experience there." is one thing. To go on constant public tirades is another.

You yourself said in a previous thread that you'd be happy if you only succeeded in sewing seeds of doubt into our minds about BC Transmission. Well, due to your threads, you've achieved the exact opposite for me. I'm looking for a trans rebuild, and we'll see what shipping charges to Canada are from Darrin's shop. You showed us ALL how Darrin works under pressure.

Darrin has repeatedly asked you direct questions, and you refuse to answer them. Then you rant and rave, and Darrin calmly tried to reason with you, and was always polite. Your continued ranting just made you look like someone who wanted a pound of flesh, not a mutually beneficial solution. Finally, had to Darrin realize you weren't looking for a solution, just a mean-spirited soapbox.

If the trans shifted in all forward and reverse gears when it left the shop, Darrin did his job. If you supplied your own parts and it failed, it's not Darrin's fault.

He's asked you that question multiple times, but you refuse to answer. You say others have had problems with BC Trans, but then refuse to name them, and why wouldn't they come forward themselves?

We replaced a p/s pump on my father in law's minivan, and it failed after 3 days. Guess what? The shop didn't cover the labour costs since my F-I-L bought the pump himself at a parts place to save about $20 over the shop's cost of the pump.

Darrin, I'm sorry to see you go. Fordnut, I hope your 4R100 does the job you need it to, it looks like a very detailed and knowledgable undertaking from you.

Tongue planted firmly in cheek, I have to ask Fordnut; if it doesn't work perfectly, will you publicly rant and rave against yourself?;) I hope it works exactly as you envision, it's one more option people can consider for their MMs. Best of luck with your project.

guspech750
04-25-2009, 11:53 AM
:beer:i like pizza and beer. do you?:beer:

Darrin
04-25-2009, 01:01 PM
See, the reason I think it's time for me to leave here is simple. Brian is allowed to continue to not divulge the whole truth about what happened in his situation and I am not allowed to rebut and try and get that whole truth out. When I try to do that the thread goes south, intentionally, and then "We" comes in and tells us to take it elsewhere.

What I want to know is where "We" is when the other half of this situation continues to carry on.

Don't get me wrong at all. I don't want any form of protection. I just want the opportunity to defend my reputation honestly when someone is, admittedly mind you, intentionally and falsely trying to tarnish it.

And, the mindless dribble comment was directed at Zack. He is entirely pointless and is definitely only here to stir up trouble with his comments.

My opinion of Brian is not at all the same as my opinion of Zack and I would never make that comment about Brian. Brian isn't cut from the same cloth at all. Brain has frustrations that are valid and real, but he is misdirecting them at me and trying to hold me accountable when I truly did nothing at all wrong and instead truly, and successfully, did do exactly what I told him that I would. I serviced his transmission, with no guarantee, and it did work. Period.

Here is the truth on this matter. I had originally siad the "whole truth", but that statement is kind of too encompassing. The below is the absolute truth.

Brian contacted me to "Go through" his Lentech built transmission because it wasn't shifting the way he thought it should be.

I agreed to take it apart, inspect it and 'reline' it for $500.

Brian shipped the transmission to me.

The transmission showed up with the torque converter installed.

I hadn't asked for the torque converter and didn't want or need it, so I asked Brian about it and he thought he was supposed to send it or something. I don't remember the exact wording or reason, but I neither asked for it or wanted it. He chose to send it all on his own and that forced me to address it.

I took the torque converter out and set it to the side with a cap on the hub.

I took the transmission apart and found that there was some severe wear and damage internally and called Brian to discuss what needed to be done and gave him the opportunity to have me build one my way. Brian did not want that.

Brian basically demanded that I retain the majority of the Lentech parts, specifically the direct drum and stub shaft, because he had paid so much for them.

To retain those pieces I had to take the direct drum to a machine shop to have the hub on it straightened because it was not running true and at rpm the centrifugal force from that was closing up the clearance on the transmision and that has melted the plastic thrust washer on the pump.

Because of the oversize hub on the direct drum, I had to also retain the planetary gearset components due to the fact that Lentech uses a proprietary bushing to fit that oversize hub. Brian later took pictures of these parts to use as 'evidence' against me by the way even though it was made clear to him by both myself and apparently the 'team' that went through the transmission down at Dennis's shop that these were all part of the Lentech stuff.

I told Brian that I would do my best to try and make it all work. Which, it did. Don't let him fool you on that at all.

I took everything apart, cleaned everything up, inspected and clearanced everything and relined all of the clutches with all new frictions exactly as I told him that I would. I don't fully remember if I replaced all of the steels. I absolutely guarantee that none of them were burnt and that all of them would have functioned properly and lasted. Remember, this wasn't a full rebuild and not a build of one of my performance transmissions.

I made some changes to the accumulator piston setups and modified only a few hole sizes on the valve body seperator plate. These holes only had to do with making the shift quicker and firmer. That is all that was done there, nothing more.

I replaced the front pump and a few other internal parts that needed to be with good quality used parts.

I then reassembled the unit, checked clearances and tested it for function with an air test plate. Everything checked out.

Because of the damage to the transmission, I told Brian that the torque converter had to be gone through. I don't have the facilities to repair torque converters, so I suggested to Brian that he have Chris at Circle D do this portion for him. Since Brian had sent the converter and it was in my shop we both agreed that it only made sense for me to ship it to Chris. Brian asked me to take care of it and we discussed whether he wanted to deal with Chris directly and pay him. He decided that I should do it because I knew what needed to be done and it was easier that way. I had no problem with that because it only made sense. I did not sell Brain a torque converter or service on a torque converter. I made exactly $0 for the torque converter. All I did was ship it and tell Chris that Brian wanted it gone through and repaired if needed. Chris charges $300 for that and it cost about $70 each way for shipping between my shop in Indiana and Chris's shop in Texas.

Brian picked up everything, put it into his car and told me that everything worked great except for the converter apparently wasn't locking up. I told him that I would call Chris about this and so I did. Chris said to check everything else out first and that if it the converter was the problem that he would fix it. I left Brian a message telling him this and that is the last I heard about it until I saw that Jerry went through it again down at Dennis's place.

I know for a fact that a couple of people told Brian to call me about his troubles when he still couldn't get them sorted out, but he refused. One of them is in this thread and hopefully he will speak out about it. Please. This same person I am talking about in this thread told me that I might want to call Brian, but I told him that since I hadn't heard back from him that it must have been resolved and if it wasn't that he should feel free to call me.

The bottom line is that the transmission worked and nobody ever figured out why the torque converter wasn't locking up. When the transmission was gone through again at Dennis's place, They didn't find a reason for that and the torque converter was replaced then. Brian was told to send the old converter back to Chris. Guess what, Brian didn't do that either. Neither Chris nor I were given any sort of real opportunity to figure out any problem or help with any solution.

Brian did not purchase any product from me. He didn't want a BC Automotive transmission. He paid for a service. He wanted a repair of his Lentech transmission and the repair did actually work.

I definitely didn't sell Brian a torque converter or any service on a torque converter. I only did him a favor by saving having it shipped back to him to go to Chris and did him another favor by taking and forwarding his payment for the torque converter that Chris redid for him.

No guarantee was ever given or implied for the services I performed. I said I would do my best and I did. Again, remember, the transmisison itself worked properly.

That is the truth from what I know so help me God.

I just want to be able to defend my name and I will do it completely civilly. If that is not acceptible, then the "We" here needs to refund my vendorship, close my forum and delete my screen name.

Thank you
Darrin

Darrin
04-25-2009, 01:18 PM
And, I would love to take it off the boards. If "We" insists that this be done then "We" needs to make sure that their demand doesn't apply only to me. If you guys think you are getting tired of it, try and imagine how "I" feel. I didn't do anything like put a misleading comment in my signature and I have done my best to be fully honest and tried to discuss the issue maturely.

If Brian is allowed to continue talk about it or reference it in any way then it's only fair that I should be allowed to rebut, correct?

Again, thank you.
Darrin

W4LTD
04-25-2009, 02:41 PM
One word...

Slander

But, IMHO, you should never do ANY work that you cannot place a warranty on...

Sorry to see you leave...

ctrlraven
04-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the bits of good info you gave me, good luck.

bigmerc2003
04-25-2009, 03:51 PM
I think that is is BS that you keep this going on and on. Somehow the trans was f-ed up. I would be pissed about losing $1800 too! But Darrin take it to the pms and stop dragging this on and on.

Pat
04-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Clarification: does this mean you will no longer be a member here or just not a vendor? This is not implicit in your first post.

Can we expect forum participation if your remain as a member here?

How do we identify ourselves to you if we have tranny questions and use the sales@bc-automotive.com addy?

I infer that our tranny questions will be welcomed.

Regards,

Spectragod
04-25-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't need a tranny, but you know what, I think I'll buy one for grins.

Darrin's been building these for the Panther community for years, he's well known on all the related boards. I honestly think that you cannot make some customers happy.

If the trans worked, then quit, why not call the builder, send the defective unit back etc..... what's missing fromthe equation?

ntd
04-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Darrin I am new to this forum but not the cars or trans work. I am a trans tech at a Ford dealership and I think you do great work. There is no way someone can be perfect all the time but is how we handle our mistakes that demonstrates true character. From what I have read from both sides it seems like you tried to help the wrong person. He bought someone product it broke and you tried to help him. Personally if a customer try's to tell me what is wrong with there trans and how to fix it, that is a red flag I ether blow them out of the water with a price to repair or sell them a Ford reman trans. You should have told him to take it back to were he bought it from or let you repair as you see fit. I have just purchased my 04 Marauder and when my trans goes I will be giving you a call. You have a great reputation in the trans world and I would love you to stay on the forum your help is invaluable. However the Admistrater is, you need to step in and take control of the situation befor you loose all of your venders due to some trouble makers

W4LTD
04-26-2009, 06:33 AM
Darrin I am new to this forum but not the cars or trans work. I am a trans tech at a Ford dealership and I think you do great work. There is no way someone can be perfect all the time but is how we handle our mistakes that demonstrates true character. From what I have read from both sides it seems like you tried to help the wrong person. He bought someone product it broke and you tried to help him. Personally if a customer try's to tell me what is wrong with there trans and how to fix it, that is a red flag I ether blow them out of the water with a price to repair or sell them a Ford reman trans. You should have told him to take it back to were he bought it from or let you repair as you see fit. I have just purchased my 04 Marauder and when my trans goes I will be giving you a call. You have a great reputation in the trans world and I would love you to stay on the forum your help is invaluable. However the Admistrater is, you need to step in and take control of the situation befor you loose all of your venders due to some trouble makers

I don't think a new member should be telling the admins what they "need" to do...

Ken
04-26-2009, 07:10 AM
however the admistrater is, you need to step in and take control of the situation befor you loose all of your venders due to some trouble makersThank you! Why is Darrin still getting beat up over this? Other members have gotten vacations for less! (or are the Admins on vacation?)

I don't think a new member should be telling the admins what they "need" to do...Well, I'm not a new member, and I don't like what I'm seeing. Do we have that many Vendors that we can keep beating up on them?

I wish I had the answer as to how to stop him. If any of you have any suggestions then I am more than willing to listen. I don't want this crap. I don't deserve it.Agreed, If Brian wants to rant and just try to damage a vendors reputation, and not answer Darrin's questions, The the Mods should step in, and stop it.

Ken

dpotter
04-26-2009, 08:18 AM
The BS treatment Darrin has received here is totally unacceptable.

I'll buy from BC when I need a tranny.

ntd
04-26-2009, 09:47 AM
w4ltd
I agree with you new members shouldn't be telling admin what to due the situation should have been handled long before. I am frequently on Motor City as are alot of other people are due to all the little kids kicking sand at each over here. Lets keep the forum's growing and improving do you really want to post a question and not get help due to all the wasted energy spent on arguing, when it should be focused on helping fellow Marauder enthusiast. There is so much knowledge and great suggestions on this forum that is were the focus should be on the cars. Unfortunately in business when you piss off one customer they will tell everyone how they got f***ed. Not enough customer will say how good you did or how hard you tried to help them when when they were down and out.

W4LTD
04-26-2009, 10:00 AM
w4ltd
I agree with you new members shouldn't be telling admin what to due the situation should have been handled long before. I am frequently on Motor City as are alot of other people are due to all the little kids kicking sand at each over here. Lets keep the forum's growing and improving do you really want to post a question and not get help due to all the wasted energy spent on arguing, when it should be focused on helping fellow Marauder enthusiast. There is so much knowledge and great suggestions on this forum that is were the focus should be on the cars. Unfortunately in business when you piss off one customer they will tell everyone how they got f***ed. Not enough customer will say how good you did or how hard you tried to help them when when they were down and out.

There's an old saying that goes something like this...

"When you make a customer happy, they will tell a couple of people about it -- when you make a customer mad, they will tell dozens..."

I also agree that all this ranting is counter-productive and should be taken elsewhere, perhaps through PM's... :beer:

Spectragod
04-26-2009, 10:55 AM
I also agree that all this ranting is counter-productive and should be taken elsewhere, perhaps through PM's... :beer:

I think a duel would be nice...:uzi::shot::duel:

MarauderTJA
04-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Darrin, your transmission has been the balls for my car and has performed flawlessly on the street and the track. I could give a rats azz about everyone else here and their personal negative opinions.

If anyone ever needs a quality tranny that needs to handle real power, I will certainly send them your way.:up: Keep in touch you have my e-mail.

MarauderTJA
04-26-2009, 03:59 PM
darrin sold me a killer trans and the real test will be with the new motor and i'm shore it will handle the power because you know me - i no how to break things and beat the p..s out of them

I think I have you beat here buddy.....

Vortech347
04-26-2009, 11:11 PM
I think you 2 need to meet at the flag pole after school....

Blackmobile
04-27-2009, 05:44 AM
I think you 2 need to meet at the flag pole after school....

THey'll be meeting at the tree soon enough. :D

juno
04-27-2009, 09:58 AM
I have had many discussions about trannies for these cars, starting when I found out about him on TCCOA. When I thought I blew my tranny at Sebring, we had a a few more discussions and he sent me all the parts he recommended to build a strong tranny. It turned out my Stallion TC had burned up (a seal), but the tranny was fine. I had it rebuilt locally with Darrins parts and lots of advice from him. The tranny has been outstanding behind the turbo. His parts and his service are the best.
Thanks for everything Darrin and you are alway's the first name out of my mouth when anyone has any tranny questions.

Jay

Blackmobile
04-27-2009, 10:58 AM
With all the good press and bad press, I think the consensus is that Darrin is still welcome in the community. It's a known fact no one can please everyone all of the time, at best you can please most of the people some of the times. I'm thinking in terms of the Ying Yang theory, we need both parties to learn from. I think all of us have walked away from all this bantering with some knowledge. Use it, and move on.

Ed

Georges93LX
04-27-2009, 08:26 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YPFDDjQ_y_Y/R0MW7jDVrGI/AAAAAAAAAj8/S9vc9-Z-t6g/s400/draw_simple_rabbit02.jpg

cvpiftw
04-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Darrin still has my business when i have the money.

Darrin
04-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Guys,

Thanks for all the support.

I am going to go on my annual canoe trip this weekend and do a LOT of soul searching on what all has gone on here and what my decision is on how to handle this site. I keep wavering. I hate to get run off by a sour apple.

I will say this though, the old saying that there is no such thing as bad press is definitely true. Every time this re-surfaces my phone starts ringing off the hook. Heck, this has been the best thing for my business ever I think. I have gotten more sales off of a dissatisfied customer acting out than I have off of the cars in the magazines. LOL

Darrin

Pat
04-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Well then, you have your answer. Have fun canoing, forget the soul searching.

Regards,

O's Fan Rich
04-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Guys,

Thanks for all the support.

I am going to go on my annual canoe trip this weekend and do a LOT of soul searching on what all has gone on here and what my decision is on how to handle this site. I keep wavering. I hate to get run off by a sour apple.

I will say this though, the old saying that there is no such thing as bad press is definitely true. Every time this re-surfaces my phone starts ringing off the hook. Heck, this has been the best thing for my business ever I think. I have gotten more sales off of a dissatisfied customer acting out than I have off of the cars in the magazines. LOL

Darrin

Heheheh... reminds me of the Trilogy "Zack Discount"!!!!Did you guy's work a deal or somethin'?

ts-pa
05-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Direct communication works wonders, here is my experience...

When I got Darrin's trans, it had a rear seal leak. Seems impossible considering how massive that thing is! Turns out that it was due to my meddling of having the rear high pressure mod & having the trans programmed at high pressure also. After talking to both Darrin and Dennis R., we adjusted the trans tune to a lower pressure and problem was solved. Both Darrin & Dennis handled my situation wonderfully. Neither pointed fingers or blame, just helped me figure out that my requests caused my own problems. So far, my trans works exactly as the day it that the problem was solved. No leaks, still chirps into 2nd gear anytime I get on it. A very happy customer.

Bradley G
05-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Have a great time Darrien, and thanks for the advice, not to send any money & parts yet.